JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, Woanders said:

I am attending pioneer school at the end of the year, and the requirements to attend in-person is only vaccinated persons. But regardless if one already has been vaccinated but then displays flu-like symptoms before, or during the school, the recommendation is not to attend. Or if too many days are missed to speak with the CO

Is this in the US ? 

On 3/29/2023 at 4:29 PM, JennyM said:

regret not wearing mask during the assembly last Sunday. feels like clogged nose early monday morning then now wednesday after midweek, I have a terrible headache.. I already got booster of covid vaccine.. Im sneezing often... .. Now I have to wear mask at home. 

Yeah my family were one of the few to wear our masks at the assembly, and I heard a few got sick afterwards.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

59 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It’s good to know Covid symptoms now are more cold like and in nasal/throat area.

I was very surprised to watch his video on how masks have been proven to not have any good effect. I would still wear it myself. It has to protect in someway. 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

9 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

David, same in my congregation. 
Already 5 cases. 

At the end of December, a third of our congregation got it from just one person who didn't display any symptoms that wasn't normal for this person. This person at times has occasional cough and clearing of their throat, it was until at the end of the day (Sunday) that they didn't feel right. They did a RAT and bang, positive. Within 24 hours, those whom they associated with at the Kingdom Hall and privately afterward came down with it. Most had the usual symptons of headache, coughing, sneezing, etc.

I ended up with it but I didn't have any symptoms until Thursday late afternoon. All I had was the back of my throat was soreness and gunk building up. I only had that for 2 days and I was generally cleared after that and was testing negative. I didn't have all the other symptons the others had, but a week later I ended up running nose during the day, and coughing fits during the night due to my immune system being compromised from COVID. This was the flu that my wife was suffering for about 3 weeks before she ended up testing positive to COVID after a week after I did. And we isolating ourselves within our house (we have a very large home) when she first started showing signs of the flu (early December) she had 2 weeks before the start of COVID doing its round at our congregation.

I am currently trying to build up my immune system (drinking freshly made healthy juices) 

My favorite is beetroot juice. 

Spoiler

If you’re prone to calcium oxalate kidney stones, don’t drink beet juice. Beets are high in oxalates, which are naturally occurring substances that form crystals in your urine. They may lead to stones.

I want to go to sauna as well, and going for walks in my local park. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, Pabo said:

At the end of December, a third of our congregation got it from just one person who didn't display any symptoms that wasn't normal for this person. This person at times has occasional cough and clearing of their throat, it was until at the end of the day (Sunday) that they didn't feel right. They did a RAT and bang, positive. Within 24 hours, those whom they associated with at the Kingdom Hall and privately afterward came down with it. Most had the usual symptons of headache, coughing, sneezing, etc.

I ended up with it but I didn't have any symptoms until Thursday late afternoon. 

I think you wrongly assumed that this one person affected your whole congregation.... there’s an incubation period between exposure and actually displaying of symptoms of Covid-19... it’s nearly impossible for someone to be exposed to COVID-19 and then display symptoms within 24 hours. Therefore, most of the people in your congregation were exposed to Covid PRIOR to that meeting on Sunday.... since you didn’t display symptoms until Thursday, it is possible that you were exposed one way or another by all the people that were at the meeting and exposed it to YOU. You started showing symptoms within the 5 day incubation period.

On 3/30/2023 at 5:09 PM, Shawnster said:

No.  I don't agree that we were consistently told by the GB about the benefits of the Covid vaccination.  The Slave said the vaccine was safe.  

Now, and this is where I think some of our confusion lies, I will say the Slave led by example.  Nearly 100% of Bethel was vaccinated.  Currently the instruction is to attend in-person special Kingdom schools such as Pioneer school, attendees must be vaccinated.  

However, I cannot point to any broadcast or announcement or Watchtower that extolled the virtues of the vaccine.  To do so would be the opposite of the message consistently presented that we do not promote a particular course of medical treatment.   Are there any particular references that made you think otherwise?

Brother, they will never say what to do, but they did give information that shows they lean a certain way. It's just like with college. They don't outright say don't go, but you can't seriously think they don't lean towards young ones not going based on the information they've given. There was even a brother interviewed in one of the broadcasts that spoke about getting the vaccine. He had been hearing what the media was reporting and so-called conspiracy theories, and the update convinced him to not dwell on that and to take the vaccine. As of now, you can't even go to pioneer school if you don't have the shots. It's pretty clear what they're leaning is and that understanding causing people to go ahead and get the shot. 

9 hours ago, runner92 said:

As of now, you can't even go to pioneer school if you don't have the shots

The same is true for all the other Kingdom schools, even just the 1 day Elder school.   However those special schools are extras that can be regulated under the authority of the GB

Yes, the Slave is leading by example and their example is clear.  However, they are not overstepping their authority.  No one is being directed, forced, or required to receive a vaccination. One can still be an elder, pioneer, etc... and be unvaccinated.  With that in mind, then the answer to the question asked is no, a lawsuit against the organization over vaccine direction would not succeed because it would lack meit. 

As always, the direction is medical matters are a personal decision. 

17 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I am currently trying to build up my immune system (drinking freshly made healthy juices) 

Hide contents

If you’re prone to calcium oxalate kidney stones, don’t drink beet juice. Beets are high in oxalates, which are naturally occurring substances that form crystals in your urine. They may lead to stones.

I want to go to sauna as well, and going for walks in my local park. 

Could citric acid help reduce the risk? 

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

The same is true for all the other Kingdom schools, even just the 1 day Elder school.   However those special schools are extras that can be regulated under the authority of the GB

Yes, the Slave is leading by example and their example is clear.  However, they are not overstepping their authority.  No one is being directed, forced, or required to receive a vaccination. One can still be an elder, pioneer, etc... and be unvaccinated.  With that in mind, then the answer to the question asked is no, a lawsuit against the organization over vaccine direction would not succeed because it would lack meit. 

True, but it was encouraged and presented as being a smart decision several times, and you yourself admit that in saying they led by example. I don't think there's anything wrong in saying that they presented the vaccine as a positive, and that's all anyone was stating, outside of the lawsuit discussion. 

Edited by runner92

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Could you not agree there has not been any mention of the vaccine safety or vaccines in general at all on any broadcast in over a year? 

23 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

At the beginning of covid I made fresh juice every day.

Try pineapple, ginger and beetroot

Depending on how much you like ginger you only need a very small piece.  I have never had straight beetroot juice.  Roasted beetroot salad is also nice. Make it with feta and walnuts.   Here downunder we put cooked beetroot slices in our burgers.  You can also grate it raw in your burger.  I bottle (can) my own beetroot so I always have it on hand.  I roast it first then peel and bottle.  

CBE4A0E8-DB10-4D44-B2A4-B582E19BD602.jpeg

On 4/1/2023 at 7:28 AM, zoebarry said:

I think you wrongly assumed that this one person affected your whole congregation.... there’s an incubation period between exposure and actually displaying of symptoms of Covid-19... it’s nearly impossible for someone to be exposed to COVID-19 and then display symptoms within 24 hours. Therefore, most of the people in your congregation were exposed to Covid PRIOR to that meeting on Sunday.... since you didn’t display symptoms until Thursday, it is possible that you were exposed one way or another by all the people that were at the meeting and exposed it to YOU. You started showing symptoms within the 5 day incubation period.

If that was the case, then all those would have to been had to be infected the MWM before (Wednesday), and all those who did get infected would have to been sick on the Sunday, but no one had any symptoms which would have been 4th after contact. The ones who mostly were affected were the pioneers and their immediate families, as the elders had the meeting with them regarding the pioneer hours being reinstated (not the adjustment of hours which was later). And some of these pioneers where actually at home for both the MWM and Sunday meeting before the  infection, but were personally visited by the elders on that Sunday. And those who were infected and their families were not at the meeting on that Wednesday, and no one else did have symptoms after me (other than my wife). As for me catching it eslsewhere it was unlikely as our office was almost empty due to being before the Xmas break.

In the end, they were able to trace who the culprit was and which variant it, as the variant which some of the ones who got a PCR test showed it was from England which was a brand new variant at the time that we didn’t have in Australia. This variant is able to show symptoms faster than the norm for some people.

Edited by Pabo

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Could you not agree there has not been any mention of the vaccine safety or vaccines in general at all on any broadcast in over a year? 

I can't agree, but that's because I can't even remember last month's broadcast or update, let alone the entire year :lol1:

It only makes sense that vaccine discussion eventually fades into the background.  Life has returned to pretty much normal. Bethel will be open for tours this summer. We were instructed to remove the Covid-19 signage that was posted by the KH entrance unless required by local government.   Mask wearing, physical distancing, and hand washing is not being discussed on the broadcasts, either. We no longer hear reports about covid deaths in Jehovah’s organization. 

We are moving beyond the pandemic and putting the past behind us. 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

I can't agree, but that's because I can't even remember last month's broadcast or update, let alone the entire year :lol1:

It only makes sense that vaccine discussion eventually fades into the background.  Life has returned to pretty much normal. Bethel will be open for tours this summer. We were instructed to remove the Covid-19 signage that was posted by the KH entrance unless required by local government.   Mask wearing, physical distancing, and hand washing is not being discussed on the broadcasts, either. We no longer hear reports about covid deaths in Jehovah’s organization. 

We are moving beyond the pandemic and putting the past behind us. 

Update #1 2022 update was last mention of vaccines but yes I hear you 😃 Just my opinion but I still think in addition to us moving on past the pandemic, the vaccine injuries have certainly played somewhat of a role in that. 

Our 21 year old brother in our home congregation who has myocarditis from the vaccine is on heavy steroids to control the inflammation which isn’t working is now looking at heart surgery. This was picked up at Bethel during his physical  on an EGK. Unfortunately I have a feeling he’s not the only one but that’s just my opinion. 

10 hours ago, MullumMiss said:

Try pineapple, ginger and beetroot

Also juicing beetroot, apple and ginger is nice. Haven’t had it in awhile, but now you‘ve inspired me since all the ingredients are in the kitchen. 🥰

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

• 2 weeks later...

COVID-19 was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020.

September 2023 will be 3.5 years. Its amazing how fast time flies by...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I like how you think...

1290 days? :D

I'm not thinking anything...it was just an observation about the passage of time....:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D