JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

"Churches will have to figure out a  different way to do their masses an$ other pagan rituals. Like those wafer thingies. "

They alreaday are:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/06/coronavirus-church-catholic-mass-altered-virus-fears-spread/4952856002/

As coronavirus spreads, changes come for Catholics at Mass

"At the Basilica, priests have started asking worshippers not to shake hands at the sign of peace, which occurs around midway through the Catholic service. Most Masses here normally don't offer wine during communion, but those that do are suspending the use of the shared chalices for now."

Some parishioners opt to receive the host on their tongue while others in their hands.

I guess some don't care if they spread germs around!

I work in the afternoon's now and traffic, in my little town, is generally wicked all the time and bumper to bumper by 4, (city council refuses to build more access roads) but yesterday it was enjoyable to get to work. More like it was 20 years ago. I was at the local Janitor Supply shop getting more Re-Juv-Nal sanitizer when another customer was looking for toilet paper, I guess all the stores, Safeway, Fred Meyer, Walmart were sold out! People are self quarantining apparently. 

Now might be a good time to install a bidet!  

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Yes and while people have to pay for the tests there will always be a large number of unconfirmed cases. 

US needs to fix that. 

Fark user image

This is probably accurate as far as the US goes.  There are at least 259 confirmed cases in the US right now (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/).  It doesn't help that people don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "quarantine".  It means you don't leave your house.  

Maybe the Trump administration is keeping the infection numbers artificially low by restricting testing?  

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Can you elaborate ??

No.  the bethelites come and go.  Just no Gilead Graduation nor tourists. 

There will be no touring at this point for whatever time they seem reasonable or deemed.  They are paying close attention to the news and ready to obey any government mandate to secure safety of the citizens.

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

I work in the afternoon's now and traffic, in my little town, is generally wicked all the time and bumper to bumper by 4, (city council refuses to build more access roads) but yesterday it was enjoyable to get to work. More like it was 20 years ago. I was at the local Janitor Supply shop getting more Re-Juv-Nal sanitizer when another customer was looking for toilet paper, I guess all the stores, Safeway, Fred Meyer, Walmart were sold out! People are self quarantining apparently. 

Now might be a good time to install a bidet!  

funny. 😑

An LBC radio producer photographed a passenger on the London Underground 'protecting' themselves from coronavirus by hiding underneath a quilt

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/

spacer.png

They think they've got this whole coronavirus thing covered.  :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Singapore's latest cluster is a private dinner function at a restaurant on Feb 15 with 17 cases.

It highlights the importance of avoiding social contact if you have any flu symptoms.

All visitors had their temperatures checked and were required to make declarations about their recent travel history.

They did not have fever or exhibited any flu-like symptoms. They also did not have any recent travel history to mainland China within the past 14 days of their visit to the club as stated within their declaration

WHY ARE SOME CASES ONLY EMERGING NOW?

A number of cases from the Safra Jurong cluster presented themselves to the authorities “days after they were symptomatic”, Assoc Prof Mak said.

Some of the infected people continued with social activities and went to work despite having respiratory symptoms, he added.

“We’ve always been telling members of the public that if you are sick, please don’t mix around, (don’t) continue with your social activities (or) work activities. If you are sick, see a doctor early and isolate.”

When people do not heed the call to not go out to gatherings when they have flu-symptoms or are sick, it makes it harder to contain the disease and "exposes other people who otherwise would have been well to the Covid-19 infection", he said.

"And this thus makes our task even more challenging in trying to identify who the close contacts might be, and then isolating them and putting them on surveillance.”

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-what-we-know-so-far-about-cluster-safra-jurong

1 hour ago, cme said:

No.  the bethelites come and go.  Just no Gilead Graduation nor tourists. 

There will be no touring at this point for whatever time they seem reasonable or deemed.  They are paying close attention to the news and ready to obey any government mandate to secure safety of the citizens.

it is my understanding that the Gilead Graduation is going ahead just without invited guests - is this wrong?

On another subject:

BACKFLOW - and NO Richard I'm not talking toilet paper ok? Chuckles.

Backflow has occurred in a limited way in China with Chinese nationals returning home from other lands with the virus. Same strain? Not sure. The Spanish Influenza had three waves ... the second wave killed younger (20-50 year olds) than the first wave did. It is uncertain whether this will happen with Sars.Cov 2 .. but time will tell ... I'm hoping it does its rounds quickly then just dies out.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

NBC Nightly News spent a whopping 10 of its 20 minutes covering the coronavirus.

That's 10 commercial free minutes.  Almost unheard of for them.

A doctor was interviewed that said, if the world doesn't fight this together, it's toast.

Guess what...Satan's world is toast.  

1# Reason  Divine Intervention  

2# Reason Iron and Clay don't bond together.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

NBC Nightly News spent a whopping 10 of its 20 minutes covering the coronavirus.

That's 10 commercial free minutes.  Almost unheard of for them.

Similar to ABC World News.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

In Korea, the branch office officially advises all JWs to not gather in kingdom halls until 3/22. We can meet up by groups or choose to watch the streaming personally. 

It will have been a whole one month JW vacation.. something I haven’t heard of

Instead I get to have lots of freetime

36 minutes ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

Instead I get to have lots of freetime

Hopefully it won't be that much free time.  Watching a meeting stream will take as long as an actual meeting.  If publishers prefer to review the meeting material on their own instead of watching a stream, then, yeah, it'll be faster because they won't have as many comments on the parts, won't wait on the mic, won't wait for those with meeting parts to get up on stage and back off, etc...  

3 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Hopefully it won't be that much free time.  Watching a meeting stream will take as long as an actual meeting.  If publishers prefer to review the meeting material on their own instead of watching a stream, then, yeah, it'll be faster because they won't have as many comments on the parts, won't wait on the mic, won't wait for those with meeting parts to get up on stage and back off, etc...  

yes..haha. But if we think about the time needed to go back and forth in transportation , in traffic jam, changing clothes and so on, we buy lots of time. 

Wow, and it found my state, oh goodie! And too close for comfort...  And we just got the letter about the corona virus (no hugging or shaking hands, clean KH before & after each meeting, etc.) 

Hmm, guess it's a good thing I just went over my to go bag. Guess it's time for me to stock up on masks, peroxide, hand sanitizer, can foods, pet supplies, etc... Fun fun... 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!