JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Someone there has since been diagnosed with covid 19 and their meetings and service have been cancelled for two weeks."  ^

So, the cleaning process wasn't put in place last week, even if it had been too much and casual touching will spread it! People carrying it when they do not know because of the time frame. Is your mother getting tested or self isolating? Tough decisions we all may soon have to make.

We were just informed late today one of our offices in downtown Toronto is closed for 2 weeks effective immediately - an employee was diagnosed with the virus.

While the employee has remained home my company said it is taking this precaution to be safe. All employees out of that office were told to bring their laptops & would be working from home until March 23. No one is allowed in while they bring in a cleaning company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/us-isnt-ready-whats-about-happen/607636/

- 

Juliette Kayyem  ( some excerpts)
Former Department of Homeland Security official and author of Security Mom

The U.S. Isn’t Ready for What’s About to Happen

" I am a former federal and state homeland-security official. I study safety and resiliency issues in an academic setting, advise companies on their emergency-response plans, and trade ideas with people in public health, law enforcement, and many other disciplines. "

"China’s aggressive containment of the new virus in the early weeks of this year gave other nations time to ready themselves for what was inevitably going to come: a shortage of test kits and personal protective equipment for a virus that spreads as quickly and causes as many deaths and hospitalizations as COVID-19 does."

" people like me have been dutifully advising friends, family, and everyone else to take prudent precautions and avoid panicking. That’s still good advice, because any measures that slow the spread of the disease and lower the death rate could save thousands of lives."

1 hour ago, GraceH said:

How do you know this?

Because they are planning ahead. Do you doubt it?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

Because they are planning ahead. Do you doubt it?

😂 I was not challenging the comment - I simply was asking for verification because I have not heard this information until now. No, I do not doubt it - I am constantly amazed by how the organisation is a few steps ahead and how much there must be happening that we do not know about even as of yet. I wonder what else there is to yet know. 

Our speaker this Sunday had the sniffles and was coughing during the talk. The brothers removed the mic cover and washed it. 

I wish people who have these types of symptoms, even if its allergies, don't go! It could be misunderstood for sickness. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 4.5 metres – further than the “safe distance” advised by health authorities around the world, according to a study by a team of Chinese government epidemiologists.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074351/coronavirus-can-travel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay

92B7C520-6EBA-45D6-B19C-0022D7A67BE8.jpeg.b1d2acd70e8a52a7315a4b6690238591.jpeg

Wow, and it even got someone sick 30 minutes after the 1st sick person left. Thus it had to still either be in the air on surfaces the other passenger touched... Great... Thank you for sharing that, I'm gonna save that to my phone.

I like how it also says that China is asking people to wear masks, as several people wearing masks didn't catch the virus, lol.

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

This is not exactly reassuring. 
Coronavirus: What's the risk of flying or taking the train?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51736185

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, cricket246 said:

Wow, and it even got someone sick 30 minutes after the 1st sick person left. Thus it had to still either be in the air on surfaces the other passenger touched... Great... Thank you for sharing that, I'm gonna save that to my phone.

I like how it also says that China is asking people to wear masks, as several people wearing masks didn't catch the virus, lol.

Several people? I am sure there were many more than that, mask or not mask.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

16 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/09/health/coronavirus-pandemic-gupta/index.html

Why CNN is calling the novel coronavirus outbreak a pandemic

"Starting today, you will notice that CNN is using the term pandemic to describe the current coronavirus outbreak. It is not a decision we take lightly. While we know it sounds alarming, it should not cause panic."

Why do you think the government resisted using the big P word?

They trying to stop the markets bleeding out...so it seems they failed...so now they can start a full war with Iraq again so secure more oil

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/police-missing-link-church-clusters-covid19-coronavirus-12509492

Here is an article about how contact tracing is done by our Singapore police for those infected by the corona virus.

(HDB is the term for public housing in Singapore)

tracking down passengers who took the taxi of Case 35, a 64-year-old man who worked as a taxi driver.

... asked to find four passengers based only on their attire and a generic pick-up point, in a task akin to finding a needle in a haystack.

“Based on the attire, we try to trawl all the CCTVs within the area to see if there’s a person matching this attire,”

... took some three hours to sift through footage from 40 police cameras at five HDB blocks in the vicinity. If the man disappeared from the footage, he’d have to go back and possibly look through cameras at nearby shops.

... managed to trace the man to a lift lobby at an HDB block, and finally from the camera in the lift, got a clear view of his face.

The reason why wearing a mask is always better than not wearing it is because while it's true a mask in itself won't prevent one from getting it, it can prevent it from being spread more than necessary especially because one who has already gotten COVID-19 may not be aware of that fact due to COVID being in its incubation period. 

4 hours ago, ChrisC said:

This is not exactly reassuring. 
Coronavirus: What's the risk of flying or taking the train?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51736185

That article has a very informative picture:

spacer.png

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

9 hours ago, GraceH said:

😂 I was not challenging the comment - I simply was asking for verification because I have not heard this information until now. No, I do not doubt it - I am constantly amazed by how the organisation is a few steps ahead and how much there must be happening that we do not know about even as of yet. I wonder what else there is to yet know. 

There was nothing to verify. The brother said he was merely speculating and sharing an opinion. IMHO means "in my humble opinion." 

17 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

IMHO, I'm speculating that all of the branches are currently enhancing, (or already did emoji2960.pngemoji6.png), their IT bandwidth for anticipation of all the streaming that will be required globally through the Great Tribulation...here we go!

Keep On The Watch.....for what...LIVE STREAMING!

Just my speculation...IMHO.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Doctor Campbell remains a voice of calm and reason amid all the fake news and chaos:

Here is his research report for today, March 10th:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

From the "Everything in Australia tries to kill you" department:  Authorities say a man with coronavirus ignored instructions to self-isolate pending test results, instead working several shifts at Hobart's Grand Chancellor Hotel. (ABC News Twitter feed)

Welcome to The Gig Economy.  When you depend on a paycheck to stay alive, you go to work.  This is going to happen everywhere that people don't have sick days and/or paid time off.

1 hour ago, Barbllm said:

From the "Everything in Australia tries to kill you" department:  Authorities say a man with coronavirus ignored instructions to self-isolate pending test results, instead working several shifts at Hobart's Grand Chancellor Hotel. (ABC News Twitter feed)

Welcome to The Gig Economy.  When you depend on a paycheck to stay alive, you go to work.  This is going to happen everywhere that people don't have sick days and/or paid time off.

This will also happen with people struggling with addiction.

2 hours ago, rolypoly said:

If masks do no good, then why are leaders wearing them?  Xi visits Wuhan. 

Google "green n95 mask" and it will help you understand what that type of mask is designed to do.

Keep in mind that not all masks are the same, not all masks are designed to do the same thing, no mask is capable of providing 100% protection.  Take the time to educate yourself whenever you choose to wear any PPE.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D