JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

32 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Apparently this is making the rounds on FB and Twitter.

Factual?

image.png.360de99b6723f437b4ae0c06cc14910b.png

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-italian-doctor-says-fighting-covid-19-outbreak-is-like-war-11954229

A doctor at the heart of the coronavirus outbreak in Italy has spoken of the dramatic fight against the disease,

saying it is like relentless war and describing how wards are filling up and doctors are working non-stop to save lives.

...... Dr Daniele Macchini likened the disease to a "tsunami that has swept us all".

As Italy battles Europe's worst outbreak, and with the virus spreading fast, doctors are making comparisons

to war-time triage medics deciding who lives, who dies and who gets access to the limited number of intensive unit beds.

38 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Apparently this is making the rounds on FB and Twitter.

Factual?

image.png.360de99b6723f437b4ae0c06cc14910b.png

Dr. Campbell got an email from a doctor in Italy that said pretty much the same thing, so I would

say it is more fact than fiction.  (At the word of two or more witnesses, etc. etc.  )

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

HHS whistleblower claims US workers received coronavirus evacuees without proper precautions

One of the first batches of evacuees were taken to Travis Airforce base just a couple of miles from me. It's so close to the Assembly Hall that we can hear their PA announcements. The first case of community spread in the nation occurred in this county. 2+2=4.....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-11-20-intl-hnk/index.html 

Italy will close all restaurants, bars and shops across the country in an effort to curb the spread of coronavirus, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced on Wednesday.

Only pharmacies and supermarkets will be allowed to remain open, Conte added.

Found it strange that Conte found it necessary to add that cigarette vendors were also allowed to continue as normal....c’mon guys! This may be as good a time as any to quit smoking!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-11/trump-says-he-ll-make-statement-tonight-on-coronavirus-plans

Trump to Speak Tonight on Virus Plans Amid Fresh Market Plunge

President Donald Trump said he’d make a statement Wednesday night on how he’ll deal with coronavirus, as he met with Wall Street executives at the White House on the day the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged into bear market territory.

The president later said in a tweet that he plans to address the nation at 9 p.m. Eastern/8p.m. Central from the Oval Office.

15 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Dr. Berg did a video..

Dr. Berg Corona Virus

https://youtu.be/lAtAd6_Wh9Y

I really like Dr. Berg. Great video. Makes a lot of sense. 😷

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

The NBA season has been suspended!

No more games will be played in any city.

Tonight right before a game started between the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma Thunder, the Head Doctor ran out of the locker room and went directly to the referees. Then the coaches were talked with and the game was canceled with all players being told to go back to the locker rooms and to remain there. The players, coaches, staff were unsure what was happening, then it was explained to them that they were being quarantined! An all-star player named Rudy Gobert tested positive for the Covid-19 virus and likely other players are being tested as they could have also been infected. So the NBA became very concerned for all the players and staff, so they just suspended all games.

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

34 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

The NBA season has been suspended!

No more games will be played in any city.

Tonight right before a game started between the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma Thunder, the Head Doctor ran out of the locker room and went directly to the referees. Then the coaches were talked with and the game was canceled with all players being told to go back to the locker rooms and to remain there. The players, coaches, staff were unsure what was happening, then it was explained to them that they were being quarantined! An all-star player named Rudy Gobert tested positive for the Covid-19 virus and likely other players are being tested as they could have also been infected. So the NBA became very concerned for all the players and staff, so they just suspended all games.

I'm expecting other sports to follow suit.

4 minutes ago, Your Brother said:

So if the Italian info was real, don't you think the society would know that? After all we are a world wide organization with TRUSTED friends everywhere. 

I'm confident the WHQ is keeping abreast of the news and current events and the are able to discern real news from fake.

Italy is in a bad case.  It is a hotzone.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

If you live in the USA or Canada, this site i just listed is updated by Chinese students residing in USA and Canada. It’s apparently more accurate than other sources right now and it is constantly updated by a large number of students volunteers.

It breaks things down by province and state level with news clippings references.

Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours.

A study awaiting peer review from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California-Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted online Wednesday indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days.

"Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for 42 multiple hours and on surfaces up to days," reads the study's abstract.

Worst case scenario for transmission: it’s airborne.    

From Indiana : Our Congregation has cancelled meetings this week and the BOE is deliberating how to continue our ministry. Panic buying ( cleaning supplies, soup, and toilet paper ( just crazy) has set in . My son in South Dakota ( the very geographic center of the country is seeing panic buying.  I anticipate martial law to be declared at some point in large cities. 
    Also of note : we see on CNN video’s out of China but almost nothing out of Russia( what is going on there? ) 

At my midweek meeting tonight the brother read the letters/reccomend protocols. Then he shared how much the branch has our best interest well in hand and we need to not get caught up in the hype of the media. He also shared Rev. 2:3 - 'You are also showing endurance and you have perserved for the sake of my name and have not grown weary.'

Be confident that Jehovah knows how to protect his people. The direction from the Branch may change occasionally but it's only with our best interest in mind. 

Yes I'm concerned, being in building maintenance, but I also take extra precautions and listen to the brothers.  All will work out.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 hours ago, Your Brother said:

So if the Italian info was real, don't you think the society would know that? After all we are a world wide organization with TRUSTED friends everywhere. 

Which post are you referring to?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The effects of this virus are crazy - universities and schools shutting, countries closing off to other countries, Italy shutting down as a whole, the stock market has been slammed, etc. It feels like this is all moving towards something much bigger - GT. They are even potentially talking in Australia about doing what Trump did in America today - closing off travel to Europe (except UK) for 1 month. Crazy. What do you think?

1 hour ago, GraceH said:

The effects of this virus are crazy - universities and schools shutting, countries closing off to other countries, Italy shutting down as a whole, the stock market has been slammed, etc. It feels like this is all moving towards something much bigger - GT. They are even potentially talking in Australia about doing what Trump did in America today - closing off travel to Europe (except UK) for 1 month. Crazy. What do you think?

Yet the UK is saying scientifically were keeping the borders open. :) Nobody has a clue what they really need to do.