JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, Bro Richard said:

Whew...I love my older brother and sister but if someone has to go I'm glad it's not me...😂

Bet you checked Tim wasn't around before you said that. Or is he not the eldest?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

CME is correct things are chugging along in the direction to the New World  ... 

So this preluding being it? Does that mean good news won't be preached anymore even after the virus clears up?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

Field service has been suspended in my area, phone and letter writing only! South of Nashville, Tn 

I’m in north Alabama and we just canceled meetings for 2 weeks as well as the ministry except for return visits, and bible studies that were comfortable with us coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Nirex said:

So this preluding being it? Does that mean good news won't be preached anymore even after the virus clears up?

Nirex my dear ... everything we have been experiencing in the last few years including the upbuilding conventions is a prelude to the Great Tribulation.

Is this it? Do you mean we are closer to the GT? Yes indeed ... and it could start tomorrow - or it could start in a year or two or three ... what happens when we look at a single event and put conclusions on it - we can be knocked off side if it takes another direction.

We know we are close the brothers have been saying this emphatically more and more just recently. Yes this event is sending the world into a headspin ... but how long before the GT breaks we don't know. 

Just await patiently on the brothers to give directions EVEN IF THEY SEEM UNUSUAL OR DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW. That's what we need to do now is follow the cloud - or those who Jehovah is using to guide us. Don't force events around us into boxes ... we have to step back, obey, and have courage in the face of fear.  You can do it ... you have progressed well in the last few years ... just focus on the road ahead even though those boulders just got bigger.

PS: don't look for confirmation from individuals - look for it from Jehovah's channel.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

what if this leads into the great Tribulation ???

Don't forget the hailstone message - we don't know how or when, but it does seem we'd have an active part in this somehow.

I think it would be wise if any are in isolation or will be - to use that time to get our thinking around what we may be requested to do and beseech Jehovah for more courage, more faith and more wisdom to say and do what we need to do to take our stand on Jehovah side in the coming events.

2 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Don't forget the hailstone message - we don't know how or when, but it does seem we'd have an active part in this somehow.

I think it would be wise if any are in isolation or will be - to use that time to get our thinking around what we may be requested to do and beseech Jehovah for more courage, more faith and more wisdom to say and do what we need to do to take our stand on Jehovah side in the coming events.

the judgement message will be towards the end of the great Tribulation I understood...

anyway....we need to wait and see...

Edited by Bluebell

2 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

.....we understand this......what if this virus crises brings all Nations together with the UN

and they announce P&S ???

i think this is a logical scenario actually, but one of many that could take place ... they are meeting to talk Peace and Security soon - there's a thread about that on here started yesterday.  So yes ... that could happen. Or it could return to normal for a while too ... if they say they have got things contained (hmm) then things could go back a little to what we were doing ie: Carts etc ... but it could also morph into the hailstone message ... we need to be ready for any scenario.

18 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

the judgement message will be towards the end of the great Tribulation I understood...

anyway....we need to wait and see...

The hailstone message happens right after the demise of BBTG.

Here are my notes from the GIve Me Courage Convention 2018

' The proclamation of the hailstone message what do we know? We know there will be no preaching of the good news of the kingdom BBTG is gone and thats the end. We know when... Rev 16:18-20 it speaks of        BBTG being destroyed then great hailstones each about the weight of 40 pounds... plague of  hail was unusually great - then this plague will be preaching  size 1 talent 20.4 kg - a dent in your day of truth congealed waters of truth hitting mankind. This message is compared to hailstones and its going to unusually great recognize too that, that courage is what Jonah needed when he preached to the Ninevah ... 120 thousand repented and turned to Jehovah - but in Revelation, unlike Ninevah  the people blasphemed God - because of the hail.This is what we know."

Remember too, that some, or many events may overlap.

Edited by Stormswift

If this is too alarming, then feel free to remove this quote, but this is an article from Aljazeera about "What happens if you catch the new coronavirus?"

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/infected-coronavirus-200210205212755.html

Meanwhile, a study published on January 24 in The Lancet medical journal found what it called a "cytokine storm" in infected patients who were severely ill. A cytokine storm is a severe immune reaction in which the body produces immune cells and proteins that can destroy other organs.

Some experts say this could explain deaths in younger patients. Statistics from China show some people in their 30s, 40s and 50s, who were not known to have had prior medical issues, have also died from the disease.

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

“Who do you think put that idea in their head?“ - D. Splane Video

3 hours ago, Nirex said:

People are racing for a vaccine according to the links above. But even if they put everything into it, we’re looking at 12-18 months before it’s publicly available, [...]

Here is a time-honored vaccine that has been used since time immemorial. I think I prefer this vaccine more. :)

Soap—A “Do-It-Yourself Vaccine”

“THE second-biggest killer of children in the world is neither malaria, nor tuberculosis, nor AIDS. It is . . . diarrhoea,” reports the magazine The Economist. Yet, many of these young victims would be alive today had they and their families regularly washed their hands with soap.

Researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine found that “appropriate hand-washing can cut diarrhoeal diseases by 43%,” says The Economist. “It may have an equally big impact on respiratory-tract infections, the biggest child-killer of all. A huge study carried out for the American army found that sniffles and coughs fell by 45% when troops washed their hands five times a day.” In developing lands soap is affordable for most families. Hence, it is fittingly described as “a sort of do-it-yourself vaccine.” And it is a painless one at that!

The Bible too encourages cleanliness. “Let us . . . cleanse ourselves from all that can defile flesh or spirit,” says 2 Corinthians 7:1. (The New English Bible) Although God is primarily concerned with our spiritual purity, he also considers physical hygiene to be important. (Leviticus, chapters 12-15) Of course, he does not expect us to go to extremes. Still, we should make it a habit to wash our hands after using the toilet, after washing or changing a baby, before preparing or sitting down to a meal, and on any other occasion when there is a reasonable likelihood that we could pass harmful germs or viruses on to others. By washing our hands regularly, we show Christian love for our family and all with whom we may come in contact.—Mark 12:31.

NB: Thoughout God's Word we read terms such as "bathe, clean, cleanliness, pure, holy."  So we must be holy because Jehovah God is holy. Lev. 11:45(b).

13 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

i think this is a logical scenario actually, but one of many that could take place ... they are meeting to talk Peace and Security soon - there's a thread about that on here started yesterday.  So yes ... that could happen. Or it could return to normal for a while too ... if they say they have got things contained (hmm) then things could go back a little to what we were doing ie: Carts etc ... but it could also morph into the hailstone message ... we need to be ready for any scenario.

That really contradicts the year text/goal though if it happened that way.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/coronavirus-jehovahs-witnesses-cancel-historical-evangelism-in-uk/amp/

for the first time in the history of its existence, announced the cancellation of its evangelism activities, including house-to-house, street and literature cart witnessing in the entire UK.

12 minutes ago, Nirex said:

That really contradicts the year text/goal though if it happened that way.

Not in the least ... making disciples will continue for many years ... we have the resurrected ones to teach and those born in the New System and as Brother Todd says ... it's at the height of our preaching work that the GT breaks out - only Jehovah really knows that time.

May I add too, that just because PUBLIC witnessing may be stopped, doesn't mean witnessing has stopped. I've got loads of return visits on my phone and on Facebook - I will continue to preach until we are told not to. We also have a few studies we will continue until we are told not to.

Edited by Stormswift

33 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Direction will come from Jehovah's official channel.  You will never receive this direction first from an online social media website.

The Great Tribulation starts with the attack on false religion.  The coronavirus quarantine is NOT an attack on religion.  In fact, you'll notice in the actual ban wordings in some locations (at least in the US) that religious gatherings are specifically exempted from these bans.  Religion is not currently under attack.  

This is a plague.  A global pandemic.  The quarantine procedures are in place to fight the plague, not to fight religion.  

When the attack on false religion happens, the Pope will still not be functioning and addressing the Catholic masses either in person or via video and, most likely, the Vatican will no longer be a sovereign nation or, at the very least, no longer a religious nation.  There will not be any plans for Easter or Ramadan or any holy days.  As long as you still see religious institutions operating freely, either in-person or online, then the great tribulation is yet to come.  

This crisis is about a plague.  Will it lead to the great tribulation in some way?  We can only wait and see.  Is it the start of the great tribulation?  No.

Even if this leads to peace and security, it doesn't mean we're done with preaching. We would start back up as soon as the virus thing is over. And after Babylon the Great is gone, there will be a period of time where things might go back to normal. And then eventually we'll preach the judgement message. 

So, just because we're not preaching RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean this WON'T lead into the Great Tribulation. 

But we've been waiting for some big thing that affects the whole world, so that the declaration or call for p&s will also apply to the whole world. So this looks good. It could be it!!! Or not. We'll see. But eventually something happening will be "it". Something will trigger the call of peace and security...

Edited by blue-jay

There's still witnessing and the memorial will go ahead - just the way these are conducted will be different. Heh - I better go check my wine I'm making. (Just in case) .