JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mark Noumair: Our Witnessing Conquers Satan (Rev. 12:9)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1223 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think this is the right comments from examining the scriptures.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth.—Rev. 12:9.

As noted above, Satan is called Devil, meaning “Slanderer.” This reminds us that Satan has defamed Jehovah by calling him a liar. The words “the original serpent” bring to mind that tragic day in Eden when Satan used a snake to deceive Eve. The expression “the great dragon” brings to mind thoughts of a terrifying monster and aptly fits Satan’s savage craving to obstruct Jehovah’s purpose and destroy His people. Clearly, Satan poses the greatest threat to our integrity. For good reason, the Bible admonishes us: “Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” (1 Pet. 5:8) Satan no doubt rejoices when one of God’s servants becomes stained with serious sin and may use such victories to taunt Jehovah.—Prov. 27:11. w15 5/15 1:3, 4, 10

“Checkmate.”

Ooh I just loved this morning worship. I can’t wait to meet Amos in the new system. He sounds so brave, how daunting it must have been for this man of humble beginnings to go to the center of apostate bethel to give Jehovah’s pronouncements. 

And the fact that Satan still uses those same tactics as he did then today. Mistruths, lying accusations, using religious leaders to call on the state to ban the work. And yet, we flourish. 

And the end of the morning worship... just excellent. 

12 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth.—Rev. 12:9.

As noted above, Satan is called Devil, meaning “Slanderer.” This reminds us that Satan has defamed Jehovah by calling him a liar. The words “the original serpent” bring to mind that tragic day in Eden when Satan used a snake to deceive Eve. The expression “the great dragon” brings to mind thoughts of a terrifying monster and aptly fits Satan’s savage craving to obstruct Jehovah’s purpose and destroy His people. Clearly, Satan poses the greatest threat to our integrity. For good reason, the Bible admonishes us: “Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” (1 Pet. 5:8) Satan no doubt rejoices when one of God’s servants becomes stained with serious sin and may use such victories to taunt Jehovah.—Prov. 27:11. w15 5/15 1:3, 4, 10

Wow, that’s quite old at this point. I didn’t realize the posted MW went pack so far. Thought they would all be close to the time the broadcast was being filmed. 

In the morning worship, it mentions that Bethel is the center of apostate religion in Amos' time.

So I was puzzled as to why the organization used the name Bethel? Here's why:

WT 2009, May 1. Brooklyn Bethel - 100 years of history.

[Footnotes]
The Hebrew word “Bethel” means “House of God.” In the Bible, Bethel was a prominent Israelite city. Only the city of Jerusalem is mentioned more frequently

7 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

In the morning worship, it mentions that Bethel is the center of apostate religion in Amos' time.

So I was puzzled as to why the organization used the name Bethel? Here's why:

WT 2009, May 1. Brooklyn Bethel - 100 years of history.

[Footnotes]
The Hebrew word “Bethel” means “House of God.” In the Bible, Bethel was a prominent Israelite city. Only the city of Jerusalem is mentioned more frequently

Yes, it was just the name of a city, and because the inhabitants of that city turned to calf worship in Amos’ day, it unfortunately turned apostate. However, because the Hebrew word means “House of God” it’s more than appropriate for modern day bethels around the world to be named that. Excellent research. 

On 12/14/2020 at 11:30 PM, Luigi62 said:

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Interesting!  That was only a couple of weeks after Russia officially banned us. And Dennis Christensen hadn't even been arrested yet. So much has happened since! Timely comments indeed.

Wow, that’s quite old at this point. I didn’t realize the posted MW went pack so far. Thought they would all be close to the time the broadcast was being filmed. 

The GB has a great backlog of Morning Worship programs. They are released as they become necessary. It does not depend on the date they were delivered.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 12/14/2020 at 11:48 PM, Luisabola said:

“Checkmate.”

I like it too !  And also the end of his talk : Be ready to meet your God ! It gave me goosebumps!

Can someone please explain the meaning of that word "checkmate" in Bro Noumair's sentence ?

Is Amos checkmating priest Amaziah by his boldness ?  

Edited by Patinage

9 hours ago, Patinage said:

Is Amos checkmating priest Amaziah by his boldness ?  

The way I understand it, it's not Amos but Jehovah. Amaziah was opposing Jehovah, but in the end the enemies would come, his wife would be raped, his family killed and he would die a prisoner in a foreign land. That was the checkmate. You can't beat Jehovah.

Edited by carlos