JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nothing to see here

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1189 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I goofed up with this thread and discovered the intended subject has already been started ... So, feel free to discuss what ever you want to in this thread

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

So, our bible reading this week reminded me that if someone tries to make you a scapegoat, remember that it is the one that lives..😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...

The Boötes void (or the Great Nothing)[1] is an enormous, approximately spherical region of space, containing very few galaxies. It is located in the vicinity of the constellation Boötes, hence its name. so....how do you find nothing in outer space?

229542203_BootesVoid.thumb.jpg.f8d9079538ec9ec07c929e9c1e8c681c.jpg

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

On 1/17/2021 at 10:07 PM, Vinnie said:

. . . how do you find nothing in outer space?

That's a deep question. I've often wondered about that. Isn't space itself just "nothing?" Is there an end to space out there somewhere, a point where there is no more space? Like a stop sign at the edge of outer space that says: "Hold it! You can't go any further. There's no more space beyond this point"?

... hhmm.

But, if there's no space out that far, then what's beyond it? Is there just "nothing?" But, isn't that "nothing" called "space" too? Or is it just a different kind of space? Or is there nothing beyond space, except for more nothing, more space? :confused: (I have absolutely no idea what I just said.)

18 minutes ago, Sheep said:

That's a deep question. I've often wondered about that. Isn't space itself just "nothing?" Is there an end to space out there somewhere, a point where there is no more space? Like a stop sign at the edge of outer space that says: "Hold it! You can't go any further. There's no more space beyond this point"?

... hhmm.

But, if there's no space out that far, then what's beyond it? Is there just "nothing?" But, isn't that "nothing" called "space" too? Or is it just a different kind of space? Or is there nothing beyond space, except for more nothing, more space? :confused: (I have absolutely no idea what I just said.)

Space only goes to 42, that is the Answer.  :whistling:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Well, 42 is definitely an answer ... it just may not be the answer to the question asked

Orange ... with accents in blue is another answer

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It is mostly a generational thing. I would be totally ignorant of the subject if didn't have teenagers in the '70s.

1 minute ago, Qapla said:

Well, 42 is definitely an answer ... it just may not be the answer to the question asked

Orange ... with accents in blue is another answer

I didn't think that helped much, but after putting an orange and blue filter on my camera I managed to get an actual picture of the end of space. Thank you. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I finally decided to decipher what Brother Jerry's user name stands for. At first I thought it was something to do with his age. He can't be that ancient! 🤣. Oh wait, someone's already in the new system?

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130313141542AA7st8K

What's 24601 in ROMAN NUMERALS **LES MISERABLES**?

____

XXIVDCI

The line above XXIV indicates that it is a multiple of 1,000

So the answer is 

there would be a line over the XXIV----indicating the power of 1,000......so 24 thousand .

D=500 years.

C= 100 years

I = 1

so the sum reads.........24 thousand and 601. 24 601

But you need the line over the XXIV otherwise it would be gibberish and written incorrectly.

Well, ok nothing to see here.

Edited by Mclove

2 hours ago, Old said:

I would be totally ignorant of the subject if didn't have teenagers in the '70s.

They aren't considered to be teenagers when they are in their 70s..🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D