JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

On 3/19/2022 at 12:51 AM, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Nice scenario, though our publication explains KOTN will pounce at us because of the judgment message.

Things might change. 

That's kind of what I meant. If the situation keeps on developing as it is with Russia he will end up having no helper on the world stage. Jehovah may then of judged the rulership of the north King as deserving of being ended and may use us to announce it.

I am already writing in my letters the things in Daniel 11 that have so far clearly been fulfilled. As things become clearer the North king will not like being identified as being about to come to its end.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

21 minutes ago, Cool Cat said:

That's kind of what I meant. If the situation keeps on developing as it is with Russia he will end up having no helper on the world stage. Jehovah may then of judged the rulership of the north King as deserving of being ended and may use us to announce it.

I am already writing in my letters the things in Daniel 11 that have so far clearly been fulfilled. As things become clearer the North king will not like being identified as being about to come to its end.

Have stamps ready to do this and I have this for at least 4 years.  GET READY TO RUMBLE!!! Now it time to have some chocolate.

5 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Somehow I cannot take this article seriously.

No evidence was presented, just few lines for the article, plus it comes from no “neutral” platform. 
Where is evidence that Belarus is “about” to join invasion? 

There is a lot misinformation provided for public on both sides. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Thé Polish ambassador to Ukraine has remained in Kyiv, the only ambassador still there. He said:

"If Ukraine falls, we will be in big trouble. I believe the implementation of the Russian plan to create a grey zone in central Europe would start, and it would be implemented with the use of force, or a blackmail of force," he said.

Whatever happens, he said, Mr Putin's invasion of Ukraine would force a new order on Europe.

"I believe that we'll now make further steps within NATO, within the United Nations to adjust," he said.

And I believe those systems, the United Nation systems, will have to change. NATO, as well, OSCE [Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe], and others.

"I think they would be completely different after whatever happens."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-21/four-corners-ukraine-deputy-prime-minister-iryna-vereshchuk/100922172

https://www.reuters.com/world/putin-ally-says-united-states-is-trying-destroy-russia-2022-03-23/

Medvedev said the Kremlin would never allow the destruction of Russia, but warned Washington that if it did achieve what he characterised as its destructive aims then the world could face a dystopian crisis that would end in a "big nuclear explosion".

Russia's collapse, he said, would lead to five or six nuclear armed states across the Eurasian landmass run by "freaks, fanatics and radicals".

"Is this a dystopia or some mad futuristic forecast? Is it Pulp fiction? No," Medvedev said.

From a news article (not recommending, just giving the link as I'm OCD about such things) 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/ukraines-outgunned-air-force-fighting-175602753.html

Pilots fire at each other from dozens of miles away:

"I had situations when I was approaching a Russian plane to a close enough distance to target and fire,” he said. “I could already detect it but was waiting for my missile to lock on while at the same time from the ground they tell me that a missile was fired at me already.”

I keep thinking what I can take from this. The Ukrainians are showing great bravery (in fairness so are many Russians and reporters) but for what? Fighting for one part of Satan's system against another brings no favor from Jehovah. Yet in Jehovah’s service we have to show bravery but we do so with Jehovah by our side and a paradise world in front of us. When it's required will I show the same bravery as worldly Ukrainians? 

But I don't want to ever go, "Russian Warship..." 🤫

And yes, we have wonderful examples among Jehovah’s people today as well (including the brave Ukrainian Elders in Update #4), I'm not putting down one when I highlight another. 

US President Joe Biden joins fellow Western leaders in Brussels on Thursday for three summits on Russia's war in Ukraine, a month after the invasion began.

Nato, the G7 and the EU are all holding meetings, in a display of unity rarely seen by the West.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has given the Western defensive alliance Nato a renewed sense of purpose. And as the EU attempts to sever energy ties with Russia, it needs to forge and reinforce other relationships, particularly with the US.

Dizzying EU unity

Defence strategy will also play a part in an EU summit where leaders will approve plans that aim to pull member states closer together on military planning, intelligence and procurement. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60849917

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

No matter what the Bible says about the 2 Kings

30 minutes ago, Eejay said:

It is the only thing that matters really: "he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him." Dan.11:45

Indeed and this happens after

Daniel 11:45

he will plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration

That is after an attack on God's people he comes to his end and the next verse Daniel 12:1 has Michael standing up.

While vs 41 says

He will also enter into the land of the Decoration

Which sums up the long persecution of Jehovah's people, the Society has long associated vs 45 with Gog's attack leading to Armageddon and they still do.

I remember back in 89/90 as the then KOTN was falling apart a long time Special Pioneer wondering was this is "coming all the way to his end". She was right the Soviet Union was ending but it wasn't the fulfilment of that verse. She stayed faithful to death though.

So, yes, we can stare in a mix of awe and horror at how the KOTN is currently getting mangled, but our understanding of Bible prophecy still holds that there will be a KOTN in Gog's alliance (he just might not be as prominent as we'd have thought a couple of years ago).

The solution is to work together for peace, as the Bible says, in order to transform weapons into instruments of peace."

Francis has in the past said funds spent on weapons should be diverted to other aims, such as fighting world hunger and developing and distributing vaccines. He has also called for a ban on nuclear weapons, saying even their possession for deterrence is immoral.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-weapons-not-lasting-solution-111023725.html

Here's the Pope again, talking about the Ukraine war. Looks like he knows at least one scripture. 

What I'm finding interesting is how much religious leaders seem to be involved in this particular conflict. 

I used to love roller coasters. There's a slow journey to the top of the first hill when there is a pause, lasting only seconds, that feels like eternity. Everyone sits there holding their breath until the train suddenly drops straight down the hill at 90mph.. I can not shake the feeling of sitting on top of that hill right now. Something about this just feels different. 

(Date/hour reminders aren't necessary, I'm only talking feelings here)

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-united-nations-general-assembly-ap-news-alert-europe-united-nations-078e0e10c39b6505d4f31689b66699f0

UN General Assembly approves resolution blaming Russia for humanitarian crisis in Ukraine and urges immediate cease-fire.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/world-news/un-blames-russia-for-ukraine-humanitarian-crisis-urges-aid-5193823

UN General Assembly approves resolution blaming Russia for humanitarian crisis in Ukraine and urges immediate cease-fire.

Albanian Ambassador Ferit Hoxha urged the world’s nations not to forget the responsibility of Russian President Vladimir Putin. "This is a war of one man, in his own seclusion, and who, by his reckless actions, has managed to generate in a few weeks, the biggest ever solitude and world isolation of his own country.”

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 hours ago, Saffron said:

The solution is to work together for peace, as the Bible says, in order to transform weapons into instruments of peace."

Francis has in the past said funds spent on weapons should be diverted to other aims, such as fighting world hunger and developing and distributing vaccines. He has also called for a ban on nuclear weapons, saying even their possession for deterrence is immoral.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-weapons-not-lasting-solution-111023725.html

Here's the Pope again, talking about the Ukraine war. Looks like he knows at least one scripture. 

What I'm finding interesting is how much religious leaders seem to be involved in this particular conflict. 

I used to love roller coasters. There's a slow journey to the top of the first hill when there is a pause, lasting only seconds, that feels like eternity. Everyone sits there holding their breath until the train suddenly drops straight down the hill at 90mph.. I can not shake the feeling of sitting on top of that hill right now. Something about this just feels different. 

(Date/hour reminders aren't necessary, I'm only talking feelings here)

Here's the Pope again, talking about the Ukraine war. Looks like he knows at least one scripture.   😂😂😂 thoughts that was hilarious 

1 minute ago, Pink Butterflies said:

Here's the Pope again, talking about the Ukraine war. Looks like he knows at least one scripture.   😂😂😂 thoughts that was hilarious 

Perhaps someone showed him a scripture? LOL 🤣 

Pope said, is it from Koran? The other person looking at the book, saying … appears to be a Bible … 

Pope, let’s use it. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, Sofia said:

and urges immediate cease-fire

Or else what? 

Ultimately this comes down to the ability and resolve to use force.  The only authority that exists is the authority that can be backed up by the use of force. 

So, do the nations of the UN want WWIII? 

8 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Or else what? 

Ultimately this comes down to the ability and resolve to use force.  The only authority that exists is the authority that can be backed up by the use of force. 

So, do the nations of the UN want WWIII? 

Or else ...nothing, Shawn.:shrugs:

It seems UN is doing this just to isolate Russia. To show that it stands practically alone.

It´s all that UN assembly can do for now.

I wonder when it ever changes... and if it changes.

UN wont cease duties before Armageddon, it looks like WW3 wont happen or it would be a UN failure and a tragedy for humanity.

Will this situation drags for a short period and Jehovah intervenes?

Or will UN eventually gains teeth and does something to cut off Russia´s Veto power?

Time will tell. In the end... we all know how this gonna end, right ? :D 

Zelensky called nations to create a coalition called U-24

Since NATO failed... UN failed...

Zelensky called for a new association: "U-24 united for peace, a union of responsible countries that have the strength and consciousness to stop conflicts immediately, provide all the necessary assistance in 24 hours, if necessary, even weapons if necessary, sanctions, humanitarian support, political support, finances, everything you need to keep the peace and quickly save the world, save lives."
In addition, he said it could help react to "natural disasters" (earthquakes?), "man-made disasters" (climate change?) and epidemics like Covid-19.

The Pope invited bishops, priests and ordinary faithful around the world to join him in the consecration prayer, which he did yesterday. 

"Therefore, Mother of God and our Mother, to your Immaculate Heart we solemnly entrust and consecrate ourselves, the Church and all humanity, especially Russia and Ukraine.” It adds: “Grant that war may end and peace spread throughout the world.”

Soon after Francis announced his plans to hold the consecration prayer, Patriarch Kirill said he was inviting the Russian Orthodox to direct prayers to the Mother of God, too. Kirill has called for peace, but he has also seemingly justified the invasion by invoking Russia and Ukraine as “one people” and describing the conflict as a “metaphysical” battle.

As always the slave is right on time. If people would only read that new article posted and reason this out. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/popes-peace-prayer-ukraine-recalls-113740080.html

Because they're Australian and I kind of am, though not really. 🙃😁

Man saves eight Kangaroos from war-torn Ukraine

Footage has emerged of a man courageously rescuing a mob of Kangaroos in Ukraine.

The video, which appeared on Twitter, showed eight Kangaroos huddled in the back of a van being chartered to safety.

The native Australian animals were rescued from Feldman Ecopark in the war-torn region of Kharkiv.

Feldman Ecopark were appealing for help to rescue the park’s animals which also included lions, tigers, apes and meerkats.

“Ecopark animals under fire! Help evacuate them to safety and provide them with food!,” a message on their website said.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/conflict/man-saves-eight-kangaroos-from-war-torn-ukraine--c-6222560?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2022-3-27&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

10 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Feldman Ecopark were appealing for help to rescue the park’s animals which also included lions, tigers, apes and meerkats.

There's a group called UAnimals I'm supporting on Patreon (this is NOT a plug, the only charity I would ever recommend is Watchtower Bible and Tract Society) that care for animals in Ukraine, between zoo's being bombed and unable to get revenue with no visitors, animal shelters being deliberately targeted and so many abandoned pets this war is also a nightmare for the animals. Not a deep comment, just in agreement with @GeordieGirl Terri's post.