JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The change hasn't created any anxiety or enthusiasm for me yet. So far it only means that I don't report my time at the end of the month. My motivation hasn't changed, my service hasn't changed, nothing else has changed so far.

I feel the same at the moment, which is unusual for me cause I normally don’t do well with change 😅

Edited by TheKid23

To me, the most excitement comes because it’s a BIG change. We can only guess at the reason for now. But when the chariot pivots this much, it’s really exciting!

And the reason will become clearer soon. A whole hour devoted to the explanation means something, no?

34 minutes ago, TheKid23 said:

Je ressens la même chose en ce moment, ce qui est inhabituel pour moi car normalement je n'accepte pas bien le changement 😅

It seems to me that we don't have to jump to the ceiling, but we must admit that the GB itself is making it an event: the news is described as a very exciting one, they shake up the calendar of monthly programs so that we don't have to be electric until January and February for those who are. I tell myself that maybe there is something to understand in that. Now, I also completely agree with you. It doesn't change anything in terms of the offering of our hearts: we will do our best, as before, as after.

1 hour ago, MullumMiss said:

We had the letter read last night.  Now waiting…..anticipating…..Nov 6.  We usually get the BC early on the Tues morning here down under.  Never been happier that I am an early riser😎

We had ours read tonight. Do you have a Monday meeting? 

On JW.Org this morning I read the words to the Original Song for the October 23 Broadcast. Oh yes, we are now at a very exciting time. We've been anticipating this since we first learnt Jehovah would destroy this wicked system. Here is what I mean, a short excerpt:

The truth we cannot hide.

Our fear we must set aside.

Look to God, and pray to fan the flame,

And let it burn inside.

(CHORUS)

With this fire in our bones,

We’ll make his message known.

We know we can’t hold back.

It’s no wonder we are just going full ball with witnessing, not worrying about semantics of recording our time and placements, and just letting the truth “burn inside” and propel us to “make his message known”. That to me tells me that the preaching and teaching work is going to explode. We'll be so motivated because it’s actually really happening. 

I understand what you mean. I'm like a deer in headlights!👀

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I have to be honest and say that I don't understand all of the enthusiasm yet. It doesn't seem to change anything except that we don't turn in our time at the end of the month. Maybe I will feel different after the November Broadcast but for now, nothing has changed.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I have to be honest and say that I don't understand all of the enthusiasm yet. It doesn't seem to change anything except that we don't turn in our time at the end of the month. Maybe I will feel different after the November Broadcast but for now, nothing has changed.

6 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I love the simplicity of a new arrangement as it allows us to show what is in our hearts. 

I'm of the same opinion as both of those comments.  But old habits are hard to break.  Already had the announcement read and both days since Sunday I have still meticulously kept track of my service time, placements etc. and it didn't even occur to me that I didn't need to do it any longer!  It's going to be a hard habit to break after 60+ years.  It's like still singing the lyrics to songs that have changed 2 songbooks ago. . . still catch myself singing them, LOL.  At least it spiritual habits I'm trying to break, could be worse!  Simpler has always turned out for the good when these adjustments have come along in the past. . .my brain just has to catch up! 

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

Question please. When did reporting our time begin? What year? 

Turtles are old maybe Richard will know?

(I know 3 questions ... it's a 3 for 1 sale)

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

10 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Question please. When did reporting our time begin? What year? 

Turtles are old maybe Richard will know?

(I know 3 questions ... it's a 3 for 1 sale)

The references the organization gave were in 1920 but the preaching of EVEERY publisher of the good news took some time.

Sorry I think Richard is asleep...❤️

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

He must be sleep laughing then. 

Thanks John ... so around 100 years. 

Shortly after the Heavens were cleansed of Satanic contaminants. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

The references the organization gave were in 1920 but the preaching of EVEERY publisher of the good news took some time.

Sorry I think Richard is asleep...❤️

The JV page 212 stated:

"Through the service director, the field service of those associated with the congregation, or class, was to be reported to the Society each week, starting in 1919."

Service Reports https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1200275209&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=6

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The JV page 212 stated:

"Through the service director, the field service of those associated with the congregation, or class, was to be reported to the Society each week, starting in 1919."

Service Reports https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1200275209&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=6

Rutherford was pushing the friends to get out.  Through Jehovahs Holy Spirit it worked and still working. Matthew 24:14

14 hours ago, MullumMiss said:

We had the letter read last night.  Now waiting…..anticipating…..Nov 6.  We usually get the BC early on the Tues morning here down under.  Never been happier that I am an early riser😎

Monday evening... I stay up for that 😉

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

17 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

To me, the most excitement comes because it’s a BIG change. We can only guess at the reason for now. But when the chariot pivots this much, it’s really exciting!

And the reason will become clearer soon. A whole hour devoted to the explanation means something, no?

I think that it has to do with our attitude towards preaching. 

What is our motivation? Recording a good looking report each month? (Some are known to use stopwatches even, while going from one door to another) Or our love for the people?

Everything is slowly changing towards preaching for the love for Jehovah and Mankind.

Enjoy Life Forever proved that already.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The JV page 212 stated:

So please help me understand, exactly on Nov 1st when I turn in my report for Oct month. I will only be stating that I participated in the ministry. (by box or whatever means...)  correct?

1 hour ago, Dannie said:

So please help me understand, exactly on Nov 1st when I turn in my report for Oct month. I will only be stating that I participated in the ministry. (by box or whatever means...)  correct?

Yes. In the spot where it asks for hours just put YES.

No need to put in any literature placements or return visits, BUT if you have any studies - put that number in the studies box.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Dannie said:

Correct, did you participate in the ministry and any bible studies.

1 hour ago, Dannie said:

The letter from the Branch that explains what you are to do, should be posted at the KH by now. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D