JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #2

On 4/24/2024 at 10:20 AM, Lee49 said:

How do you know if they are "unhappy about it " are they openly voicing their opinion or giving sneering looks, I haven't seen that in our congregation, there are either nice comments on how the differen't beards look or how nice the sisters slacks look on those that look nice ( some I feel are wearing too tight fitting slacks, young brothers included ) as far as no ties, only a very few have chose not to wear a tie or jacket when not having a part, 2 elders approached me and commented on how my nice my beard and no tie look was. I am meticulous at keeping my short beard trimmed with little to no fly away hairs sticking out, in fact while sitting behind some brothers with beards I can't help but noticing their fly away hairs sticking out and want to bring my scissors to the meeting and snip them ( of course while they're not looking 😂 )     🧔🏻‍♂️

Now, now Delilah…😜

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

Are we expecting update number three this coming Friday (3 May)?

Update number 3, in 2023, came on 17 April

I dont think so. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Adjustments are in order for brothers in USA branch area. 

Oh well. 😐

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Adjustments are in order for brothers in USA branch area. 

Oh well. 😐

Yes, the Branch has clarified the information about Dress and Grooming in the U.S. branch territory. Here the standard of dress for participating on programs at congregation meetings, circuit assemblies, and regional conventions is for sisters to wear a skirt or a dress and a brother should wear a tie and a jacket. They have clarified that those handling microphones, working with the stage, caring for audio/video equipment, and serving as attendants should also apply this standard. They did say that It is understandable that this standard may vary even in the U.S. branch territory depending on location, culture, and climate.

They also said that those conducting meetings for field service may choose not to wear a tie or a jacket. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Yes, the Branch has clarified the information about Dress and Grooming in the U.S. branch territory. Here the standard of dress for participating on programs at congregation meetings, circuit assemblies, and regional conventions is for sisters to wear a skirt or a dress and a brother should wear a tie and a jacket. They have clarified that those handling microphones, working with the stage, caring for audio/video equipment, and serving as attendants should also apply this standard. They did say that It is understandable that this standard may vary even in the U.S. branch territory depending on location, culture, and climate.

They also said that those conducting meetings for field service may choose not to wear a tie or a jacket. 

Richard, when did they do this clarification?  Or is it incoming?

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Brilliant. I love clarity. 🥰

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SAHarrington said:

Richard, when did they do this clarification?  Or is it incoming?

It just came in a letter to the BoEs - I think last night.

It is in the Elder part of the May announcments.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It was a new clarification
You should be able to see it if you have access to letters

The body of elders will probably share it with all elders, servants, and those who have duties and assignments

Dated Tuesday so most people will be reading it Tuesday or Wednesday

I Wasn’t really stuck on one way or another

I’m just very glad we have the update and now we can all be united

On 4/30/2024 at 8:24 AM, Dages said:

Yeah, the "picture" is usually available first... and no picture is there yet.

Its in the servers now. Update #3 is on the way! Brother Winder 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Here the standard of dress for participating on programs at congregation meetings, circuit assemblies, and regional conventions is for sisters to wear a skirt or a dress and a brother should wear a tie and a jacket. 

Makes sense that this comes out just before the first RC starts. We have our one day assembly next weekend as does Sister @Hope (she's in the other half of the circuit) next week. And then the following weekend Woodburn Assembly Hall will have the first of many RC. Thanks for sharing the new update Richard!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I wonder if Australasia Branch territory will get the same. 

7 hours ago, trottigy said:

It just came in a letter to the BoEs - I think last night.

It is in the Elder part of the May announcments.

We have the CO this week.  He mentioned it at the meeting for FS.

He's a substitute CO.  Name is Oh.  From Fairfield, CA.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Doug said:

We have the CO this week.  He mentioned it at the meeting for FS.

He's a substitute CO.  Name is Oh.  From Fairfield, CA.

Sam and Jihye Oh?

Please tell them Richard and Linda said hello.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D