JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Apple updates have to be approved (internally) before the update goes live.  That's usually the reason for the delay.  We had the same delay when the update to Equipd was released.

No Apple updates yet?   ...   was any info shared at the AM about JW Library updates?

I just noticed last night that I can't connect to my WiFi.

Maybe it has to do with the last KIES update.

I'll have to do it again.

I tried it again but it still won't upgrade. I tried to revert to the old firmware but I'll have to find a code #.

Rats, not good.

I went to a doctors office and used their WiFi to verify that my tablet was OK. It loaded TV.JW.org OK so the tablet is good.

I have to power cycle the modem/router and maybe that will fix it.

I went to a doctors office and used their WiFi to verify that my tablet was OK. It loaded TV.JW.org OK so the tablet is good.

I have to power cycle the modem/router and maybe that will fix it.

I power cycled the Motorola router and the tablet WiFi came alive. My main HP computer was OK.  I had to reset the TV computer LAN settings and it is OK. My old backup computer under my desk didn't work but I found I plugged in the LAN wire to the old LAN connector. That fixed everything except he computer in the garage hooked up with a LAN over power wires modules. I'll try that tomorrow.

I will have to call Samsung tech to see if I can upgrade the kernel.

Now that we have all these great publications at our fingertips in the JW Library app, it really, really makes me anxious for being able to highlight in them and make notes! Sure hope that update comes soon!!!

Use a yellow "highlighter" pen on your tablets screen, it will only work for one page, but it's better then nothing, then just clean it and go to the next page.  :D

Now that we have all these great publications at our fingertips in the JW Library app, it really, really makes me anxious for being able to highlight in them and make notes! Sure hope that update comes soon!!!

Waiting for this too ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Use a yellow "highlighter" pen on your tablets screen, it will only work for one page, but it's better then nothing, then just clean it and go to the next page.  :D

Too Funny!

I had the same thought but was too shy to post it.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Grrrrrr!

I understand your frustration. Of course, the answer given is referred to as "hue mer." It makes tolerating daily frustrations easier.

Do you see the day that we rely more on our electronic devices than the printed page? I think the society does. It would save millions every year in printing costs and make updating information so much easier.

Use a yellow "highlighter" pen on your tablets screen, it will only work for one page, but it's better then nothing, then just clean it and go to the next page. :D

I prefer green.

Hartley

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

Do you see the day that we rely more on our electronic devices than the printed page?

I like the search aspect, but when preparing for a talk, it books, bible and any other pertinent books are laid out for me to view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you see the day that we rely more on our electronic devices than the printed page?

I like the search aspect, but when preparing for a talk, it books, bible and any other pertinent books are laid out for me to view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, for me that day came over two years ago.

Edited by Musky

If you don't want to clean it, just use white out for electronics  -  be sure to ask for it by name!

Edited by timpin

If you don't want to clean it, just use white out for electronics  -  be sure to ask for it by name!

It's funny how we talk about people doing crazy things with electronics, but as a technition I realy have had someone trying to correct her mistakes on the screen with whiteout. I have also had a customer who thought faxes used a cheap version of  Star Trek transporter technology. She was quite surprised to find that an accumulation of her originals were causing her paper jam problems.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed