JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I Googled it after you posted instead of asking you to post it :thumbsup:

That is so a** backwards! LOL You just couldn't give me the credit because you are such a MAN!  Would it help if I told you I'm transgender - going from a woman to a man? LOL 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

That is so a** backwards! LOL You just couldn't give me the credit because you are such a MAN!  Would it help if I told you I'm transgender - going from a woman to a man? LOL 

What shall we call you?

Shale?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Ok all you Windows 10 experts, I upgraded and now am having internet connection problems.

I can get on the internet with my ipad but as I said before I love my laptop.

It has given me all kinds of reasons why it is not connecting which were not real answers to the problem, like saying I am unplugged from the internet which I just have a little black box from verizon that I get my internet through.

Ok this time it says: Problems found- The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the internet is broken.

If it is broken then why can I use my laptop with the same internet device?

what do I need to do to get internet on my laptop?

I googled it and it seems that others are having this same problem so am looking to see if any answers are out there also.

I found the answer. For me to have internet connection, i had to click on wifi sense. 

I don't think it is really fair that you have to agree to all their stuff for one to have correct internet connection. 

They give you the option to not have certain things like wifi sense but it seems that you will have problems if you don't agree with all their things. 

OK ... I have Windows 10 - I updated the privacy settings. Now, when I launch this forum I have to sign in each time instead of it just logging me in.

Which one do I have to change to get the auto-logging back?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Update:

I did some checking and it seems that this forum (JWTalk) is the only one I am having this problem with and only with Mozilla - it logs me right in with Edge.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Whatever the problem was, it seems to have fixed itself - I now get logged in when I launch the forum like I used to and I did not change anything to get this back -

• 1 month later...

November win 10 download links English ( US )

32 bit  http://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_1511_English_x32.iso?t=59c20f50-bed3-40f2-9aab-1812eafd4a9c&e=1447443389&h=030e9388fc3639e1e7a5e1491df79fa5

64 bit  http://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_1511_English_x64.iso?t=59c20f50-bed3-40f2-9aab-1812eafd4a9c&e=1447443389&h=f9f425c38e385785badb92785a9f15a8

Windows 10 Tech Bench Upgrade Program Documentation - download file
Includes:

2 Tech Bench Scripts
    Steps for Creating an installation USB stick
    Installation Guide for Existing PCs
    Installation Guide for New PCs
    User Quick Start Guide for Existing PCs
    User Quick Start Guide for New PCs
    End User License Agreement
    Privacy Statement

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=619825

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

If you have already upgraded to Windows 10, will it automatically update to this build? 

It is suppose to over the next few days.  If you wish you can do a clean install using appropriate download listed in comment 288 above.

New in this build, refresh, is that you can do a clean install, or upgrade directly from win 7 or 8.x, if you have a valid windows 7 with sp1, or windows 8.x  COA key

Edited by pnutts

Will I need my Win7 CD Key when I do a clean install? 

If you don't have the win 10 key, then to do a fresh install, you will need your win 7 sp 1 key ( has to be sp 1 key ).

Since you already have win 10 on your puter then use a key retrieval tool to get it ( antivirus programs usually flag these key retrieval programs ).

Or you can run win 10 setup from activated windows 10 and choose clean install.

I did the upgrade, myself, then cleaned system files including old windows, etc.

post-5252-0-30285000-1447386658_thumb.jp

Edited by pnutts

You are welcome.

Personally, I prefer installing from a disk/usb stick, from within win 10. That is while running current windows 10, then run setup of new version ( I use file explorer, choose drive where setup files are ).

I chose "Keep Everything"

1st attempt failed, 2nd attempt worked. By running from disk or usb, I didn't have to download files again.

N.B.  If you have more than one monitor hitched up, remove one as you will get a blank screen on one, probably one turned on during setup :blink: until setup if finished.

I use my 50" TV as 2nd monitor and unless unplugged, computer always treats it as primary :depressed: , which can be a hassle to switch.

Afterwards when everything checks out, then I clean C: including system files/previous windows install as noted in post 292 above

Edited by pnutts

An acquaintance of mine, who is a computer nerd/expert/guru, told me yesterday he installed this latest update. He just had "bad news" with it, and had to go back to the original Windows 10 installation. Ugh! He advised me not to upgrade from my Windows 7 yet until they get the mess straightened out.

Besides that, the brother in my congregation who upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 several months ago, still cannot access his email after all this time! He's been in contact with his ISP tech support, and Microsoft, and even they just can't get it to work for him. He still gets his email on his Windows 7 computer.

Hhmmphh! All this is turning me right off of Windows 10.

If it helps you any, I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10.

The only problem I had was that most videos would not play as streams, but if I could d/l them, they played just fine with VLC.

However, since then, after one of the early updates, that problem seems to have been fixed as I can now watch YouTube and JWB videos with no problem as well as embedded videos on news pages

I had no break in my email or any other vital service.

We just upgraded my Brother from 8.1 to 10 and his is working just fine.

We uses web mail and I use a POP mail server. We can both send and receive mail just fine as well as all our programs/apps working as they should.

I have no problem with most programs with windows 10.

However some programs may not work properly unless reinstalled from scratch, others just lose their registration info.

e.g. I have used Drag n File Gold since windows 3.1 days, and it was last updated Dec 2002 to run on XP.

Did not like Vista, however, win 7 sp1 and up, it works fine.

In windows 10 each time there is a new build, I have to run as admin and then re-register the zip part and main program ( copy and paste code - no biggie ).

post-5252-0-00117500-1447520316_thumb.jp

Just updated Windows 10.  Ugh, didn't realize that it was going to another 1-2 hour upgrade process.  Downloading, then "preparing to install the update", then "configuring the update", then the actual installing of the update - which is also a 3 stage process.

Then after logging in, Microsoft kindly reassures you that your files are still where you left them - I should think so!

Then its removing apps that it kindly reinstalls for you, and changing settings that it changed during the update.

Is it going to be like that with every new build?  That could become very tedious.

Microsoft Edge seems faster and better.

Possibly some thing are changed when upgrading, it is basically a new operating system, each major upgrade. Not all thing transfer equally.

You can keep a copy of migration files and try that way. Found on win 7 & 8 install disks as migwiz.