JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1552 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The only thing I would like to say to my brothers in Russia is the words of Paul

2Co 4:7-9,  16-18

7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us.  8 We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out;  9 we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed

16 Therefore, we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day.  17 For though the tribulation is momentary and light, it works out for us a glory that is of more and more surpassing greatness and is everlasting;  18 while we keep our eyes, not on the things seen, but on the things unseen. For the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

3 minutes ago, Jimspace said:

Did anyone else see the live feed from the first link? It was all in Russian, which is gibberish to me, but afterwords everyone seemed surreal or complacent (at least from what I saw). But this must have been despite the adverse (appallingly unjust) ruling.

Yeah I could tell that the ruling wasn't in our favor, but the way that all the brothers acted, by not being outraged, further testifies that they are not extremists.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

12 minutes ago, Abbyz said:

We are about to start our family worship right now. Frankly am heart broken. We planned to sing tonight. Maybe this will cheer me up. I know Jehovah does not lose. I hope to be strong, i want to be an example to my wife. I feel like just going to bed and cry.

I think your reaction is normal. It will be strange to feel happy about such unfair decision. I do not think Jehovah is happy also.

Sometimes I have been known to facetious, so let me try here.

I just read somewhere that the judge had a heart attack after he left the court room, or was it heartburn? Not sure. I will have to check my source....Oh no, it was my wife that said she wished he had a heart,...or was she asking? Let me check... can't seem to substantiate this story...Oh I think I have it now, the judge was seen consuming stomach mints after he left the court room...or was that during the trial...must be somewhere on youtube, no, no, no I guess it was on Twitter, yes it must have been a tweet, but why would Trump care? Did you read that our mail campaign saved the US Postal system from collapse? That is another topic, facts on that later.

Give a few minutes here, I need to get my facts straight.  I will get back to you.:D

Humor aside, this is a most earth shaking devlopment. Prayers for our Russian Brothers, shouts of praise to our Creator!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I have to admit that I'm in tears too. But I have to remember that Jehovah's thinking is higher than ours and there's a reason why he is allowed this to happen. It must still have something to do with the out working of his purpose we just have to wait and see his wisdom in action.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

So the process will be: Appeal in 30 days  to a three person Supreme Court.. after that it will go to the ECHR .. if it goes that far we are looking at years .

That being said we have no clue how Jehovah is going to manuvere this...  the scene of this world is changing quickly ..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

you know, Trump son-in-law, Kerchner ,was just over in Russia. we know because of his dealings with us that he likes the witnesses. This could be the beginning of the pushing and shoving of Daniel chapter 11. We know that Trump and Putin aren't on the best of terms since trump dropped those bombs on Syria. Trump also claims to be a big Christian and who knows how he may feel when he hears this news.

22 minutes ago, Iron Stylus said:

Would be nice to know exactly what the judge said and how he explained his decision. It is ridiculous that they can even call that court a Supreme Court when only 1 judge makes the final decision. Here in the US, 9 judges weigh in on each case. That is what makes it Supreme and gives it weight over all other courts.

He didn't explain anything. Just said: "After examining all materials and after listening to both sides and witnesses, guided by articles 175, 183, 64 of the Administrative  Code the Court decided to... "  take very bad decision

Edited by Dina Gavrilenko

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

So the process will be: Appeal in 30 days  to a three person Supreme Court.. after that it will go to the ECHR .. if it goes that far we are looking at years .

That being said we have no clue how Jehovah is going to manuvere this...  the scene of this world is changing quickly ..

Russian law takes precedenceover ECHR.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-signs-law-allowing-russian-court-to-overthrow-international-human-rights-rulings-a6773581.html

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Look out over the horizon. See the multitude of angels with their leader, Christ, just waiting for the four winds to let up.  As heart breaking as this is, there are more with us, then against us. And as someone here said, it will be interesting to see the big picture, historically. In a theocratic sense. Jehovah is with our brothers and sisters. In a mighty way. And, when all is said and done, won't it be a privilege if their oppression and faithful response played a part in bringing this system down?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

When the site updated saying the decision was to liquidate, my heart sank. I have three friends who live there. My daughters' best friend extended family lives there now too. She met her Ukrainian family for the 1st time just this past fall (she's 16 and went with her mom and brother). Since their month long visit, she now has family studying the Bible and were attending meetings!  Her mom is so happy that her mom and other family had a huge interest in the truth! Now she's so worried and I told her to fully rely on Jehovah. That's all any of us can do.  She wanted to bring her mom over here to live with her. Now she's not sure about it since things are so tense in the world. They say we tear families apart when we don't look at the lines on the map to determine our love for human in general, but especially those related to us In the faith.  We love without boundaries. Patiently waiting on Jehovah to right all wrongs and praying that he provides extra strength and Holy Spirit to our Russian family. 

4 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Look out over the horizon. See the multitude of angels with their leader, Christ, just waiting for the four winds to let up.  As heart breaking as this is, there are more with us, then against us. And as someone here said, it will be interesting to see the big picture, historically. In a theocratic sense. Jehovah is with our brothers and sisters. In a mighty way. And, when all is said and done, won't it be a privilege if their oppression and faithful response played a part in bringing this system down?

Absolutely!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

This is a quote fr om: the www2.stetson.edu website:

This judicial lawsuit poses a threat not only for Jehovah's Witnesses but also for individual liberty on the whole in the Russian federation," special reporters of the United Nations declared, acting within the framework of a mandate received from the Council for Human Rights of the UNO. "We call upon the authorities, following their obligations according to international law in the area of human rights, to halt judicial proceedings and to reconsider the legislation about the struggle with extremism and the practice of its application." (tr. by PDS, posted 20 April 2017)

11 minutes ago, shali said:

he said we tear apart families and are a threat to Public Safety.

it's already made AP News.

Yeah that is the Ministry of Justice's quote. I have not read anything yet of the judge's explanation and what factors influenced his decision. The only claim the MOJ had at the end was attacking the banned literature and making the Administrative Center appear to be responsible for banned literature that made its way to congregation. This was the only real argument left for the MOJ which even the brothers admitted.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

Lawyers for the Jehovah's Witnesses said they would appeal the court's decision, which has not yet come into effect, and could take the case to the European Court of Human Rights.

“We will do everything possible,” Sergei Cherepanov, a Jehovah's Witnesses representative, was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-bans-jehovah-apos-witnesses-160700840.html

2 minutes ago, JudyO said:

I don't tweet. Is this real?

yes.....its real......

"Things will work out fine between the U.S.A. and Russia. At the right time everyone will come to their senses & there will be lasting peace!" Trump said in a note on Twitter.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN17F1R9