JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Stand" by E.K. Jonathan

EK Jonathan has his own official website now.

https://www.ekjonathan.com/

He commented somewhere that he sometimes reads the posts here but feels no need to join.

Yes, I do respect his desire for anonymity which is important for many authors.  Notice what he says here:

I've always felt that my anonymity is important to maintain, and I've been fearful of cultivating a celebrity status around my real persona. I don't mind my books and other creations gaining attention, I just don't want to attract that kind of attention in person. I would be absolutely mortified if someone were to recognize me at an assembly and ask for an autograph! (FYI, EK Jonathan itself is a pen name

based on my real name.)

Edited by Omoyeme

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Anybody else get a blank grey screen when they click that link?

No. 😟 Worked for me.

At first it looked foggy than it cleared up

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

4 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

I can understand that if he wants to avoid the high cost of designing a custom built website 

Any more you can use Free  What You See Is What You Get web tools.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

16 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Anybody else get a blank grey screen when they click that link?

It was blank grey on my desktop, but I can see it just fine on my phone and tablet.:D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 hours ago, A Witness Of Jah said:

http://www.bbc.com/travel/gallery/20190827-a-mystery-in-the-worlds-oldest-desert

I found this to be interesting in line with the final book setting. 

I have been binge watching a show on Netflix: Weird Wonders of the World.

These circles in the desert were shown and explained by grass growing in perfectly spaced circles because the water

is used up in the center and around the edges of the circle.  

The show is excellent.  

Except, I'm glad that I don't keep any bricks in my livingroom. yes.gif.bddf4873ac62ba595cfb0c9464a18729.gif 

Because, every time they mention the 'ingenious design' of things, and how humans are trying to replicate these ingenious designs

they then turn around and attribute these ingenious DESIGNS to complete random chance...they are all just happy little,

completely random,  accidents of nature.363280277_ANGRYGAHHHHH.gif.e7e8913d9a5344295e833efeee101239.gif

I just want to throw a brick through the TV!!! 1978997263_YESGrinning.gif.caff02e0fb7fe9dc49c3026713cb5afe.gif

spacer.png

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It has now been over a month since "Stand" has been released so I'm wondering if those who have read it would like to discuss certain aspects of the novel here.  (This is akin to a book club discussion, of sorts.)

Then too, I have a couple of issues about a couple of characters and would like your input. 

On 9/6/2019 at 11:44 PM, Omoyeme said:

It has now been over a month since "Stand" has been released so I'm wondering if those who have read it would like to discuss certain aspects of the novel here.  (This is akin to a book club discussion, of sorts.)

Then too, I have a couple of issues about a couple of characters and would like your input. 

The book is a bit fictitious. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brother Kayode...yes, it is fictitious since it is a novel, of course (i.e., a fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism.)  Imo, there are several instances in these novel series that have a good element of realism to them that parallels JW's in these modern times; otherwise it would be difficult to follow and the author would no longer be credible for future publishings.

Please review the list of major characters from the FLEE series below:

Peter Burton / Ted Watkins  ---> faithful/responsible brothers in the Christian congregation adhering to directives from the FDS.

Marcus Kelly ---> faithful anointed brother of Christ who finished his earthly course to join in the battle of Armageddon

Darren & Rita ---> casting doubt /not heeding direction during the GT /cannot let go of materialistic pursuits

Claire (Rachel's sister) ---> leaving Jehovah's organization to follow worldly pursuits and bad associations

Joyce Tucker ---> suffering consequences due to disobedience

Chad Harkett ---> staunch opposer to JW's who wouldn't think twice to cause harm or injury to anyone who gets in his way

Rich people (read: Martin) building bunkers/fortified structures thinking they are safe during the end of the world

In your opinion, do these fictional characters parallel JW's and unbelievers/opposers today?

Edited by Omoyeme

• 5 months later...