JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The "Between The Verses" Series, by Thomas Walker

1 hour ago, Thomas Walker said:

You guys all read these things so much faster than I can write them.

The way I see it, you have two options:

either write a whole lot faster

or write with a whole lot less imagination

:D

Being as how I cannot picture you writing anything unimaginative, or untrue to Jehovah's Word, you will just have to try to write faster.  :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I have bought the first part but I don't know if I can bring myself to read it until the complete book is available.

I might just finish the book I started a couple of days ago and hopefully by the time I've finished reading that, you'll have finished writing. 😁

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

7 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I have bought the first part but I don't know if I can bring myself to read it until the complete book is available.

I might just finish the book I started a couple of days ago and hopefully by the time I've finished reading that, you'll have finished writing. 😁

If by 'complete book' you mean the whole series, then you may as well start.

This one isn't like the Paradise books. That series had a set timeline of the thousand years. Between the Verses explores Bible times. It likely won't be strictly chronological, and could go from Genesis to Revelation for all I know. These first two volumes are set during Genesis, the next three or four will be during the events of Exodus...

If you're waiting for the series to be complete, then don't wait, because I have no idea how many books there will be. The good news is, there's no strict 'arc' like with the New Earth Series.

Edited by Thomas Walker

On 3/23/2022 at 4:31 AM, Thomas Walker said:

Here we go again...

The first four chapters are available now, with the rest to follow in a week or so. Still working on Paperback, but that shouldn't be too much longer.

4 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

If by 'complete book' you mean the whole series, then you may as well start.

If you're waiting for the series to be complete, then don't wait, because I have no idea how many books there will be. The good news is, there's no strict 'arc' like with the New Earth Series.

No, that's not what I meant.  I have already read the first book, Written Beforehand, about Noah's times. 

You said: 'The first four chapters are available now, with the rest to follow in a week or so'.  I thought that meant there were more chapters to come in this book, so I would wait for the whole book to be available before I start reading it.

If I haven't understood you correctly and there are no more chapters to come in this book, I will read it now. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

No, that's not what I meant.  I have already read the first book, Written Beforehand, about Noah's times. 

You said: 'The first four chapters are available now, with the rest to follow in a week or so'.  I thought that meant there were more chapters to come in this book, so I would wait for the whole book to be available before I start reading it.

If I haven't understood you correctly and there are no more chapters to come in this book, I will read it now. 

Sorry. Free chapters on the blog, is what I mean. The Amazon and the downloadable versions are complete.

9 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

Sorry. Free chapters on the blog, is what I mean. The Amazon and the downloadable versions are complete.

Oh brilliant. Just me misunderstanding you. Thank you.  It is already sitting in my Kindle waitng to be read. :)

For those who were waiting for the whole book to be released on the blog, I say: Why wait?

As usual, the book is available in one complete piece here:

Quick update for you all: I'm trying to get the paperback version approved, but it's being blocked by Amazon. They found the blog, and they're worried I'm plagarizing myself. It could take a few days to sort this out; but it's still coming, I promise.

• 3 weeks later...

See? I thought it was going to take a few days, and it only ended up taking three weeks.

The paperback Edition of 'In My Integrity' is now available.

You can also find the chapters back on the blog, now that the hurdles of getting it cleared through the KDP search engines have been cleared.

If you'd like to support the author, please do tell your friends. The whole series is also available on Amazon.com.

3 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

See? I thought it was going to take a few days, and it only ended up taking three weeks.

The paperback Edition of 'In My Integrity' is now available.

You can also find the chapters back on the blog, now that the hurdles of getting it cleared through the KDP search engines have been cleared.

If you'd like to support the author, please do tell your friends. The whole series is also available on Amazon.com.

I bought it. I especially enjoyed the ending. But I wondered about the wife, and Gigi. I suppose it was left for us to wander about. Good read.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

9 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I bought it. I especially enjoyed the ending. But I wondered about the wife, and Gigi. I suppose it was left for us to wander about. Good read.

I wondered that too.  Gigi was really young so should have been her dad's responsibilty.  She was probably over the other side of the world on a clearing assignment. 😁

I always buy the e-books and read them on my Kindle. A lot of hard work goes into all that writing and publishing and authors deserve their payment. If I had more room I would buy the paperbacks but I Iive in a doll's house on a postage stamp so space is at a premium.

Edited by GeordieGirl

On 4/22/2022 at 12:52 AM, GeordieGirl said:

Great read. Really enjoyed it. Thanks Matt. 

Hope you're busy on the next one. 😉🙃😊

Always. The next story in the series will be shorter than the average. The reason for that is because every book is two stories in one. An ancient, and a modern. I use the format to contrast and compare. But the next Bible story will be Moses and the Plagues. This has three different 'lessons' I want to explore. As a result, the next ancient story will be divided between three different books, as there will be three different modern counterparts.

Repeat: One Ancient story with the same characters spread over the next three books; three different modern stories in three different settings.

On 4/22/2022 at 1:16 AM, Miss Bea said:

Truth is, most of us have family who won't change. Even Jesus could say that. 

Spoiler

I felt like if I spent a page detailing that his wife came back and both his daughters became enthusiastic witnesses, it'd feel like too much of a fairy tale. You get the truth and everything works out perfectly? That's the hope, but not always realistic. Ellis had to deal with the question of 'I'm doing everything right, now. Where's my reward?' Giving it to him by the end of the book is trickier as a result.

That said, becoming a Witness has reformed many sinners, and saved many family relationships; so I left it up to the reader to decide. 

On 3/23/2022 at 10:22 PM, Dages said:

It's an incredible story full of good ideas.

Now, I want to meet the real "Lapis" to discuss about his life :D 

There would have been one. Probably more than one. One of my family texted me after reading it and said "I always knew Joseph was Prime Minister of Egypt, but I never really pictured him being in charge of anything but the food."

Glad everyone is enjoying the new book, and apologies again for how long it took to get it sorted.

One Ancient story with the same characters spread over the next three books; three different modern stories in three different settings.

3 short books instead of one big?

The next story in the series will be shorter than the average

22 minutes ago, Dages said:

3 short books instead of one big?

60,000 words counts as novel length. I averaged about 110,000 for the paradise books. Little under 100,000 for the BTV series so far. The books based on Exodus will probably be around 80,000 or so each, give or take. Hard to be sure, seeing as I've only written the first half of the first one so far.

• 2 months later...

Working on the next one. Targeting the end of the convention as a release date. I kind of need to wait until then to make sure i don't need any major rewrites.

Also, last time I released a book, Amazon wouldn't let me publish the paperback edition because it was already up on the blog. If I want to avoid another three week wait, that has an effect on the release schedule.

My story idea while watching Minority Report the movie.

An anonymous character (maybe Judas' old friend) somehow figuring out Judas Iscariot's future and attempting to stop him

but maybe his actions end up making him betray Jesus anyway.. wonders how Jehovah's prophecy even works..

Maybe if I had a writer's talent and a good story line

and maybe a deeper insight how Jehovah's foreknowledge works, I might come up with a good novel. 

By the way, I'm enjoying Between the verses, I'm a foreigner so need more time cause I have to look up a dictionary sometimes.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:24 AM, Thomas Walker said:

Working on the next one. Targeting the end of the convention as a release date. I kind of need to wait until then to make sure i don't need any major rewrites.

Also, last time I released a book, Amazon wouldn't let me publish the paperback edition because it was already up on the blog. If I want to avoid another three week wait, that has an effect on the release schedule.

Please don't stop writing. Your books are a gem for us.