JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The "Between The Verses" Series, by Thomas Walker

10 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Had to force myself to stop reading at page 298.  It's after 3:00 am and I have a meeting in the morning.😊

The Only reason I didn't dive right in last night - Temptation in the form of Matt's incredible books is difficult to resist!   I "almost" convinced myself that I could read just One chapter before beginning the Watchtower study - NOPE!   Wisdom told me otherwise.

It was hard enough to get up for the meeting with this whole "springing forward" thing.  Can't imagine if I'd gotten locked into another beautiful read!!  

11 minutes ago, Roxessence said:

The Only reason I didn't dive right in last night - Temptation in the form of Matt's incredible books is difficult to resist!   I "almost" convinced myself that I could read just One chapter before beginning the Watchtower study - NOPE

A girl after my own heart! 😂

Guess What? The Paperback Version is now available. Which means it's now possible for me to put the book up on the Blog, chapter by chapter, and for Download.

My thanks to everyone who's reading and enjoying already. Hope to hear positive reviews from you all.

Well, I finally finished listening to the rest of the book.

(Kindle has a text to speech option)💜

I thoroughly enjoyed the latest Between the Verses book.👍👍

Spoiler

It has a happy ending. 😁

The only other spoiler for now:

Spoiler

Don't know if this pun was intentional, or not,

but I am still chuckling at:

boiling over

844505949_LaughGiggleGiggleGiggle.gif.6f8969a99e97fe5f34d662887b5959eb.gif

Thanks for sharing your awesome imagination! :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Thank you sister Rosanne for those kind words. And yes, an unintentional pun. Most of my puns are both unintentional, and unfortunate.

Let me tell you what I did that was stupid. I set the links to the chapters on my blog incorrectly, and then proceeded to follow the incorrect pattern for all 20-odd chapters.

The correct links:

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Thought you all might like to know that 'You Will Know' has just hit "#1 New Release" in it's category. A niche to be sure, but it's top of the charts for people who read such things, and it's thanks to you fine people.

1941430276_YWKNewRelease.jpg.0efac31f3981eb7ff7c03805cf321d5d.jpg

Is it for Australian or US Amazon? 

And this is the 2nd book of Exodus Trilogy so the third book is in the making? Covering events until the Red See or further?

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

1 hour ago, Michał said:

Is it for Australian or US Amazon? 

And this is the 2nd book of Exodus Trilogy so the third book is in the making? Covering events until the Red See or further?

US Amazon. That's where the majority of sales are coming from at the moment.

And yes, third book is in the making; but each story is self-contained. The 'Trilogy' is because the events depicted are close together.

• 6 months later...

The new book is being proofread by my betas, and is being 'refined', to correct for the errors they found.

But there's been a new development. That being the Annual Meeting. Apparently there are new understandings regarding the 'Last Chance' of GT, which declares some of the last book null and void.

Since 'You Will Know' is part of it's own trilogy, the next book will allow me some room to 'retcon', and bring it all closer to the present understandings. But of course, I can't reference the 2023 Annual Meeting until I've seen it.

I'm sorry to say that this may cause a delay, until I get clear notes on a specific talk from the Broadcast, and the subsequent WT article.

The good news is that I've been working on the book after that all this time, so the delay between the next two books will be substantially less.

6 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

The new book is being proofread by my betas, and is being 'refined', to correct for the errors they found.

But there's been a new development. That being the Annual Meeting. Apparently there are new understandings regarding the 'Last Chance' of GT, which declares some of the last book null and void.

Since 'You Will Know' is part of it's own trilogy, the next book will allow me some room to 'retcon', and bring it all closer to the present understandings. But of course, I can't reference the 2023 Annual Meeting until I've seen it.

I'm sorry to say that this may cause a delay, until I get clear notes on a specific talk from the Broadcast, and the subsequent WT article.

The good news is that I've been working on the book after that all this time, so the delay between the next two books will be substantially less.

I was just thinking yesterday about whether there was a new one coming soon so thank you for the update. 

Looking forward to reading it - and trying to 'exercise patience' because of the delay. 😊

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

image.png

Now Available

Walking to Paradise, by Thomas Walker

Book Five In The 'Between The Verses' Series
Book Three in the 'Exodus' Trilogy

Paige, Nate, and Alvin came through the darkest chapter in human history, and entered Paradise. The world is now safe, and inhabited with joyful followers of Jehovah God, who are seeing the promises of the Bible fulfilled at last.

Satau, Takarut, and Leahe left Egypt with the nation of Israel. Freed from slavery by the hand of God, they enter the wilderness, on the way to a new promised land of their own.

Though they live thousands of years apart, these two groups take similar journeys, following the same God as they all face the realities of a joyful future they've always been waiting for, but never experienced until now. Seeing the fulfilment of very different prophecies gave them all a strong faith, but meeting the unexpected brings its own challenges, as they build entirely new lives.

From the author of 
'Just See Yourself', comes a new book in the 'Between the Verses' Series, and the thrilling conclusion to the Exodus story.

As before, I must delay the addition of the text to the blog. Amazon's 'crawlers' identified the text of my own blog as 'already published work' and refused to let me publish the paperback version of an earlier novel, for fear I was plagiarizing... well, myself.

It'll be another week or two before I can approve the paperback version, and then the book will be added in it's entirety, free of charge, on the blog.

In the meantime, if you'd like to support the author, you can purchase the ebook on Amazon, post a review, or tell a friend about this series.

Edited by Thomas Walker

In the week since publication, the book has sold dozens of ebook copies, and the proofing copy of the paperback is currently en route to me for approval.

Once that's done, I'll put it up on the blog, free of charge, for those who are not part of Amazon.

No reviews yet, either here or on Amazon, which is slightly nerve-wracking for me, as it doesn't usually take this long, and I'm always stressed I've made some critical error, and uploaded the wrong file or something.  😅

The good news is, having a series of sales in a short time helps the book climb the charts, (Briefly hit top 20 in it's category) which helps more than you know, by gaining readers who aren't JW's. I've heard tell that people are more willing to discuss a fiction book with their JW relatives than have an actual Bible Study.

For that matter, in the last week, I've sold nearly 10 copies of JSY in paperback format, I'd also like to thank everyone helping get word out to new readers.

I read part of the first chapter.  I am involved in redrawing territories (with better borders) for the congregation, getting letter-writing and phone witnessing ready for the new territories and getting in my pioneer hours.  I also am working on the emergency contact list for all the publishers, and keeping the Field Service group list up-to-date for the congregation.  Due to health problems, I am about a month behind where I should be right now on pioneer hours.

I just don't get much time to read right now.

Edited by Witness1970