JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The "Between The Verses" Series, by Thomas Walker

On 1/16/2024 at 2:42 AM, Thomas Walker said:

In the week since publication, the book has sold dozens of ebook copies, and the proofing copy of the paperback is currently en route to me for approval.

Once that's done, I'll put it up on the blog, free of charge, for those who are not part of Amazon.

No reviews yet, either here or on Amazon, which is slightly nerve-wracking for me, as it doesn't usually take this long, and I'm always stressed I've made some critical error, and uploaded the wrong file or something.  😅

The good news is, having a series of sales in a short time helps the book climb the charts, (Briefly hit top 20 in it's category) which helps more than you know, by gaining readers who aren't JW's. I've heard tell that people are more willing to discuss a fiction book with their JW relatives than have an actual Bible Study.

For that matter, in the last week, I've sold nearly 10 copies of JSY in paperback format, I'd also like to thank everyone helping get word out to new readers.

My credit card info was stolen.  So I'm waiting on my new card before I can purchase the ebook on Amazon.   A review will be posted as soon as my Kindle finishes reading it to me. 👍

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Glad you're enjoying them @bagwell1987. And if you're re-reading book 5, then it means I got the file right, and didn't put accidentally replace it with a bank statement, or a journal entry. (I know, it's a crazy thing to worry about, but these books get revised and corrected enough that it's a paranoia I always have when I release a new book. I don't relax until a few people have finished it and tell me so. 😅)

Currently working on book six of BTV. No word on when it'll be ready. It's only a third of the way there. If you haven't read them, there's the 'New Earth' series.

There are also other books written by JW's, if not set in paradise. You'll find them in the same forum as this thread.

Edited by Thomas Walker

I've read all your books so far. Sadly for me I'm a fast reader.

I'll have to look up other witness novelists. It's enjoyable to not need to skip around language or sex scenes when I read. Ugh 🙄.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Aaaand, the Paperback Version is now available.

I'll give it another day or two to cycle to the entire international bookstore, and then put the blog editions up. Thank you all for your patience, and your support. In the last few days, the book jumped back up to the Top 5 in it's (admittedly niche) category, which helps others, including Non-JW's find the series. You never know what might come of that.

So, it's been a Day or Two, so the paperback version should be safely cycled in to all the Amazon Stores.

And that means it's time to put the whole thing up on the blog. 

Prologue

Chapter One: "It's Finally Over."

Chapter Two: Survivor's Guilt

Chapter Three: "What Is It?"

Chapter Four: The Old Ways

Chapter Five: "Welcome to Paradise."

Chapter Six: Legacy

Chapter Seven: "I Finally Understand."

Chapter Eight: Jehovah's Judgment

Chapter Nine: "There's So Much."

Epilogue and Afterword

It's also up for download with the other books.

I think we can safely declare this thread to be a Spoiler-Friendly Zone. I hope everyone's enjoying this one. There still aren't any reviews, which is unusual for this series, and ever so slightly nerve-wracking. 😅