JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is happening in your part of the world or where you live??

31 minutes ago, Shannie said:

Can't wait until we are living together in peace and harmony...!!!!

Not much happening in Florida besides it is hot..what world events or happenings are going on where you live?

Here in Spain we are very busy preparing things for the international convention that will be held in Madrid next July.

Many congregations are preparing gifts for the international delegates. Others are preparing dances, tourist tours, traditional food and so on to entertain the visitors from abroad. Organizing transport, accommodation, translation... Everybody is excited. :bringiton:

Snow storm here was a flop thankfully. Maybe an inch or so. By the time I looked outside today it was like 1:30 pm.

Eaves are dripping. Back door is open so Sophie can run in and out.

Its 42*f. ♥️

Keto Lunch is made for Circuit Assembly tomorrow. Well, still gotta make a 90 second yummy bread but, almost done. 😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

36 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

All round my house set up booby traps, so just in case some one try to break in to steal my chocolate.

Did Someone say Chocolate?  I get this at Walmart Canada ( various flavors ). MMMMMMM :eat: They had a cheaper Swiss chocolate - not as good.

Chocolate.jpg

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Working a jigsaw puzzle and listening to Memorial Talks (Thanks to Brother Richard :D)

Got our "Be Strong" CA tomorrow need to pick out what I'm going to wear and, like Sister Linda/Loopy,

get a lunch in line.  Oh...gotta burn some Kingdom Music CD's for friends to play on their car CD players, too.

Handing them out at the assembly saves me a bundle in postage. (tu)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Shannie said:

Not much happening in Florida besides it is hot..what world events or happenings are going on where you live?

I guess that depends on what part of Florida you live in.

Let's see, just in the past couple of weeks:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

What a coincidence .....I am in Montana and we are also going to our Circuit Assembly

tomorrow....about a 65 mile drive one way from Columbus, Mt to Billings, Mt...I am 

looking forward to any uplifting information I can get a hold of....tough days these are!

Here in New Zealand we had a shooting massacre recently, a shock to many because this is a complacent country spiritually speaking for the most part. Had some good conversations about why these things are happening though in last couple of weeks. It's also going very cold, feels like winter already. Sooo, having told myself I don't need any more winter clothes, turns out that was only in my imagination!! Good job hubby is not on this forum! Fatal to be wondering around town waiting for car to be finished at garage. In my defense, all perfect for field or meetings! Only sisters understand this of course. Plus, probably need Belgian chocolate. 

Spring is still trying to exert itself. Rain and sun days for the next few days. The snow is mostly all gone. The ground is slowly thawing.

The memorial campaign continues unabated.

A jigsaw puzzle has overtaken the only table I have. 

20190408_222038.thumb.jpg.88677620bc9f674db7f76acfa8d3bb98.jpg

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

11 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Spring is still trying to exert itself. Rain and sun days for the next few days. The snow is mostly all gone. The ground is slowly thawing.

The memorial campaign continues unabated.

. . .

Yeah. Spring was making a good attempt to make a comeback over here in Montreal too. But then we had a return to winter a few days ago. There was heavy snow on Tuesday, right after some people had taken down their tempos (removable car shelters) just a bit too soon! That was only four days ago. But today it's a nice spring day of 15°C (59°F). I went out this morning without a coat on for the first time since the autumn, and the two brothers I was working with still had jackets on. By the end of the morning they were sweating, and I was just comfortably cool. I felt so bad for them.

However, Sunday night and Monday are forecasting heavy rain... 25 to 40 millimeters of it (1 to 1½ inches)!

My Brother and I worked our table at the flea market this afternoon

We had a little breeze but the temps were in the mid 80's (about 30 c)

We were both sweating by the time we gathered the stuff up to put in the truck when it was time to leave - and neither of us had coats on

We live in Daytona Beach..near the International airport. Every now and then, like tonight, we hear sirens like from police cars. After that a helicopter starts circling round and round near us, as if looking for someone..sometimes for over an hour! Tonight it was only 20 minutes..glad for that!

Other more interesring news..it was announced at our meeting that between April 22 and May 11th the LDC will be putting a new roof on our hall (corner of Clyde Morris Blvd. and Old Kings Rd., Port Orange, Fl.!!!) We are approved for remodel, but that has been pushed ahead.👍

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I worked on that Hall a long time ago. Does it still have the same carpet image.png.5e6305833093e755fd8a7b1252fd47e2.png - if so, I helped install this carpet

That was way back in the QB - RBC days.

Brings back memories.

Edited by Qapla

Tornado watch for tomorrow around meeting time. Here's hoping it's not cancelled. No news yet, but they cancelled the one back in early March. Funny story really..

I woke up at 11am (meeting was at 12:30) and got ready then looked at phone,  my Bible teacher had texted that meeting was cancelled that day on account of weather. I looked outside to the sunny morning and was like what weather. Called her asking details, thinking they were mistaken. By noon and what would be mid meeting time we'd already had to leave the house/trailer with the cats 3 times from tornado warnings. Well that was a lesson not to doubt.

But that was a regular meeting so they just picked back up next week. What if the ST gets cancelled?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

In secular news:
Apparently, the economy has improved a bit, because we're waiting on the bridge for 20mins to a half hour almost every time we catch it. To explain, the chief means of income in this area is tugboating, and we have to cross one of two bridges to get into the main part of town as we live in a man made island. So, having to wait a long time on a bridge, while irritating is typically a sign that business is booming here.

In the congregation, we had a really good turn out for the memorial, as I had stated. David helped me calculate that our ratio of witnesses to the general population in this particular town is about 1/50, likely between 1/50 and 1/100 when you count outlying areas, but still way better than the national ratio which is more like 1/250. We get good growth here. I suppose because people tend to be very religiously inclined.