JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

4 hours ago, Avuhe said:

Hi brothers we all just need to cheer up cos things are going to get worse before the end

I'm too busy eating dessert with my fork ... we can't worry about the unforseen too much ... it takes away the sweetness of the dessert. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

12 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

It’s notvthe ratio of the cases to the deaths. It is the ratio of the Dead to the recovered : so far it’s held pretty close to 25%.   Imagine that if those trends hold steady in about a year , maybe two , the worlds population would be reduced by 1/4. 

Quoting a leading epidemiologist, the Guardian has said that 60-80% of the world's population could get infected with the novel corona virus if other countries do not adopt China-style control measures. 

According to the latest data, as of Feb 2020, there are 7.8bn people on earth. 60% of that is 4.6bn. Even at 1% mortality rate that would lead to 46m deaths. If calculated at current 2% rate, it is 92m deaths worldwide. 

If we consider the higher rate of infection, 80%, we get 6.2bn people infected. 1% would be 62m deaths, 2% 124m deaths. 

Cheer up, it is going to get worse. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/coronavirus-expert-warns-infection-could-reach-60-of-worlds-population

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51466362

The World Health Organization says the official name for the disease caused by the new coronavirus will be Covid-2019.

"We now have a name for the disease and it's Covid-19," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in Geneva.

3 hours ago, Bluebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51466362

The World Health Organization says the official name for the disease caused by the new coronavirus will be Covid-2019.

"We now have a name for the disease and it's Covid-19," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in Geneva.

COVID-19. It stands for the coronavirus disease that was discovered in 2019.  - Pretty simple ID

2 hours ago, Bek said:

m puzzIed as to why my post has been blocked. I

I just came on and see your post..maybe just on your country's server?..or maybe there was a mistake, and now it is back?😉

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

COVID-19. It stands for the coronavirus disease that was discovered in 2019.  - Pretty simple ID

Took WHO nearly two months just to name it.

Imagine how long it will take WHO to tame it.  :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 hours ago, Bek said:

Quoting a leading epidemiologist, the Guardian has said that 60-80% of the world's population could get infected with the novel corona virus if other countries do not adopt China-style control measures. 

According to the latest data, as of Feb 2020, there are 7.8bn people on earth. 60% of that is 4.6bn. Even at 1% mortality rate that would lead to 46m deaths. If calculated at current 2% rate, it is 92m deaths worldwide. 

If we consider the higher rate of infection, 80%, we get 6.2bn people infected. 1% would be 62m deaths, 2% 124m deaths. 

Cheer up, it is going to get worse. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/coronavirus-expert-warns-infection-could-reach-60-of-worlds-population

Countries such as south korea do not ban planes coming from China  for tourism  except for Wuhan.. 

A coronavirus was first isolated in 1937 from an infectious bronchitis virus in birds that has the ability to seriously devastate poultry stocks.

These viruses are responsible for between 15 and 30 percent of common colds.

Over the last 70 years, scientists have found that coronaviruses can infect mice, rats, dogs, cats, turkeys, horses, pigs, and cattle. Most recently, authorities identified a coronavirus outbreak in China that has now reached other countries............ So it's been a round for quite awhile.  Same disease just different day. Plus the reason it's called the coronavirus is if you look at it under microscope, it looks like a crown. Which Corona is another word for crown

Just saw this on Daily Mail but refused to add it in here. It made me sick.  The police and some people who are going around the cities infected like Wuhan, are killing anything that moves on 4 legs, (animal wise).   I saw a dog being beaten to death and left there to rut.  Then then wonder why they have SARS, MERSA, and now CORONA Virus!  No one is testing the animals (domestic pets) to see if they have contacted this disease. I couldn't stomach watching them cruel y do this to an animal that was not doing anything but trying to survive.  The owners let them out on the street and the police and vigilanty people are out there killing them with no mercy. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/02/11/coronavirus-thailand-bars-holland-america-cruise-ship-disembarking/4714464002/

Coronavirus: Quarantined Diamond Princess cruise ship has 39 new cases; elderly a concern ( off the coast of Japan )

"Princess Cruises announced Tuesday that 39 additional people have tested positive for coronavirus on Diamond Princess, bringing the total number of people on the ship that have fallen ill with the virus to 174; at least 20 of them are American. "

•  

I've been following this lovely couple in China:

https://youtu.be/ZWn-K2sBo-8

She is an emergency nurse who has contracted the Corona virus and was quite ill in isolation at home.

Her lovely husband would don his hazmat suit and disinfect everything and cooking her meals - very attentive and very caring.

She slowly got better - with the fever breaking and was left with  a cough.

In the link above it shows her suiting up to go to the hospital to get a clearance certificate to say she has become well. She had a CT scan, and it shows the virus has become more invasive in her body ... even though her symptoms have subsided. I'm feeling really sad for her and her husband. IF this is a true account and I can't see why it wouldn't be as it's not pro-Chinese media , but quite the opposite as it's not the result they would like publicized, it is quite worrying that it seems to subside for a bit then come back with a vengeance.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

That's so sad Mandi,  I've heard before that many people show signs of improvement but the virus is still multiplying in their bodies and they very quickly die....I really hope that doesn't happen to her. 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/asia/hong-kong-coronavirus-pipes-intl-hnk/index.html

How can the coronavirus spread through bathroom pipes? Experts are investigating in Hong Kong

"Early Tuesday morning, health officials in Hong Kong partially evacuated residents from an apartment block over fears the coronavirus may have been transmitted via the building's pipes."

"In densely populated Hong Kong this could lead to hundreds of people becoming infected in the supposed safety of their own homes."

Backflow is a term in plumbing for an unwanted flow of water in the reverse direction. It can be a serious health risk for the contamination of potable water supplies with foul water. In the most obvious case, a toilet flush cistern and its water supply must be isolated from the toilet bowl.

WHO Comes out with the real reason they change the name of the Coronavirus......WHO officials said the agency wanted to avoid a name that refers to geographical location, animals or groups of people to avoid stigmatizing a country or individual group of people. The coronavirus was tentatively referred to as 2019-nCoV, with some calling it the “Wuhan virus,” the Chinese city where the illness is believed to have originated. They Needed to be politically, correct.

© 2020 BLOOMBERG FINANCE LP

A new analysis looking at data from different types of coronavirus has shown that many strains can live on surfaces such as glass, plastic or metal, for up to nine days.

The work published yesterday in The Journal of Hospital Infection !!!!!! Happy go back to work in China day.

I live in an extremely remote rural area in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA.

There is a little thrift store in our area that is only open for a few hours two days a week.

A friend and I visited there today and an old Bible study of mine was in the store.  

She asked how I was doing and I pulled a small plastic bottle of hand sanitizer 

from my jacket pocket and said, "I'm ready for the Coronavirus."

Well, much to my amazement, this started a fifteen minute discussion of the virus amongst

the other four or five shoppers that were in the store.  

Each one reporting on a different aspect of the disease.

I left the room they were in and went to a back, unheated room, to look for some clothing items.

Just goes to show, people are very aware of this disease, even in remote rural areas like

the one I live in.

Wonder if such awareness will make a bit of difference

when it comes to how virulent this new virus seems to be? :( 

One thing I just can't seem to wrap my head around:

The 'experts' now believe this new virus remains highly contagious for up to 24 days.

Yet the infected persons are being released from quarantine after just 14 days?

I'm no 'expert', but, doesn't that seem like an ineffective attempt at controlling

the spread of this disease? :(   

Why quarantine the infected ones at all if you are going to release them into the

general population while they may still be capable of infecting others for a whole

nother week or so?  

Du-uh!  spacer.png

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif