JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Dr. John Campbell update for March 11th:  Public behavior needs to change.  Social isolation will have

to suffice until a vaccine can be readily available.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

8 minutes ago, My little flower said:

The only to sort this out is to shut down all public gatherings, religious gatherings, public schools, all companies through out the world.the only thing that should be left to function are hospitals then virus will be contained.

Washington state has already done that, cancelling any events with over 250 people attending: https://www.geekwire.com/2020/washington-state-reportedly-set-ban-events-larger-250-people-slow-covid-19-spread/

1 hour ago, Zebra555 said:

It's already available. 

I keep seeing comments like this but no details or link. I've been so busy I haven't had a moment to breathe I keep meaning to do a search. I actually typed it in and didn't get to look at the results. I was able to buy a bottle of wine just in case and I have flour at home.

39 minutes ago, rolypoly said:

I keep seeing comments like this but no details or link. I've been so busy I haven't had a moment to breathe I keep meaning to do a search. I actually typed it in and didn't get to look at the results. I was able to buy a bottle of wine just in case and I have flour at home.

If your BOE recognizes your need you will get access.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The NBA team "Golden State Warriors" in the San Francisco area will play their home games with no fans.

They are complying with a recent order by the local health department prohibiting events of more than a 1000 people. 

Manni Live│2K Patches: Golden State Warriors Oracle Arena 4K

Bryan Keating on | Golden state warriors #1 | Golden state ...

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

https://www.kentucky.com/news/health-and-medicine/article241088501.html

Coronavirus in Kentucky: Cancel church services and avoid all crowds, Beshear urges

All Kentuckians should avoid crowds and large gatherings, including church services, in an effort to prevent community spread of novel coronavirus, Gov. Andy Beshear said Wednesday morning.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/coronavirus-inslee-announces-new-rules-nursing-homes-assisted-living-facilities/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

The Governor for the State of Washington has announced a ban on gatherings of more than 250 in King, Snohomish, and Pierce Counties which applies to social, reactional, and spiritual gatherings and other matters.  He also said that this could continue beyond March and could be expanded in the days to come. 

5 hours ago, carlos said:

Nancy, as Lucy explained the virus only survives for some hours on objects. Receiving a parcel from China requires typically a couple weeks, so it should be perfectly safe.

I myself have a package coming from China. So I'm very very much relying upon and being biased for that fact. 😄

Even then I'm going to be wiping it down with anti bacterial wipes, do the same with the contents, throw the box, packaging and wipes outside into the bin and then jump into the shower 😂.

Edited by EccentricM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/11/coronavirus-flattening-curve-quarantine-stop-spread/5021564002/

A self-quarantine seems brutal when you're not sick with coronavirus – but it really is for the greater good

"Why do experts think that quarantines and canceled events are a good idea for getting control of the spread of the coronavirus, especially when it involves people who are not sick?"

"It's all in the numbers and how quickly they grow. 

Health officials are trying to avoid a rapid spike of cases that could overwhelm the health care system by "flattening  the curve," or spreading out the number of coronavirus cases over a longer period."

"In many respects, it's not whether the situation is going to get worse, but how quickly."

“Whenever you have an outbreak that you can start seeing community spread ... when you have enough of that, then it becomes a situation where you’re not going to be able to effectively and efficiently contain it,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told a House committee Wednesday.

WHO declares novel coronavirus outbreak a pandemic

(CNN)The World Health Organization on Wednesday declared the novel coronavirus outbreak a pandemic.

There are 118,000 cases, more than 4,000 deaths, the agency said, and the virus has found a foothold on every continent except for Antarctica.

"We have never before seen a pandemic sparked by a coronavirus. And we have never before seen a pandemic that can be controlled at the same time," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Wednesday.

outbreak-coronavirus-world.png

Interesting.....

"Although we are far more prepared than in the past, we are also far more interconnected, and many more people today have chronic health problems that make viral infections particularly dangerous."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/health/coronavirus-pandemic-world-health-organization/index.html

Edited by Life4u

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

I’ve been wiping everything that comes into the house (except our son!) for about a week now. He sends our stuff up on the stairlift.

I sprayed the stairlift while he was at the bottom of the stairs and caused him to have a coughing fit! Not clever. 😳 

We have a suspected case at a medical centre a couple of miles away.

https://www.crawleynews24.co.uk

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/politics/hhs-whistleblower-coronavirus/index.html

HHS whistleblower claims US workers received coronavirus evacuees without proper precautions

"A whistleblower at the Department of Health and Human Services is seeking federal protection after complaining that more than a dozen workers who received the first Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China, lacked proper training or protective gear for coronavirus infection control."

"The report alleges that staff were sent into quarantined areas 'without personal protective equipment, training, or experience in managing public health emergencies, safety protocols, and the potential danger to both themselves and members of the public they come into contact with,'" the letter states. "The whistleblower also reported that when staff raised safety concerns, they were 'admonished by (redacted) for 'decreasing staff morale,' accused of not being team players, and had their mental health and emotional stability questioned.'"

2020-03-10_22h07_25.png

While taking care of my dog and the garbage for tomorrow, I get a call from the field service group elder(who seen our family last night) and he tells me this: The circuit overseer (who stays at our double hall) gets a letter from the branch that our Sunday circuit assembly is cancelled, citing governor Mike Dewine decision of being against large gatherings. 

Oh well.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/ohio-gov-mike-dewine-will-soon-issue-an-order-on-mass-gatherings/95-b97761c5-1631-4b23-8243-f7079257a549

image.png.bf235c8cba38f566dc68bc4cde1f0b72.png

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

27 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

HHS whistleblower claims US workers received coronavirus evacuees without proper precautions

Well, look at this image from here in the UK

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-uk-brit-bus-driver-21403408

All the bus drivers transporting the infected are not provided with protective gear like other staff, for whatever reason.

This guy specifically doesn't look happy about it...

0_British-Evacuees-Arrive-Home-From-Coro

Edited by EccentricM

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

Ok. My area its a confirmed covid-19 case about 3 to 4 suburbs of Cleveland away (and about 10+ unconfirmed, self quarantined ).

It seems that the elders are taking action due to that. I am grateful for the information.

image.thumb.png.0f69c9d35ac084f15c4782a69d3eef05.pnghttps://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/6-uh-staff-under-home-quarantine-after-coming-in-close-contact-with-covid-19-patients

image.thumb.png.186745ce62faccfce552d246e84e7e9f.png

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/number-of-people-under-investigation-for-covid-19-in-ohio-rises-to-15

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible