JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anthony Morris III: Comprehending the Heavenly Calling (1 John 3:2)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1521 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Good points, I can't remember going over that in wt. 

If you want to ask them about it, DON'T! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

47 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Any transcript on this? Also, I tell people in field service that if there is no chocolate in heaven, then I'm not going. I'm staying on earth.

Anthony Morris III Comprehending the Heavenly Calling (1 John 3 Verse 2).pdf

Brother Morris did a good job presenting this. Yet, I see some problems:

1. In two weeks we are going over an article on this and it is not presented in the same way as Morris present it.

2. Many are coming into the truth has inquiring minds. They are learning and seeking facts.

3. When new ones are taught the truth, many of them were thought they have a heavenly hope. Now they have to switch gear of an earthly hope.

4. Things doesn't change overnight. As long we live in this system of things, we going to have  who goes to heaven issue to rise no matter we like  it or not.

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

1. In two weeks we are going over an article on this and it is not presented in the same way as Morris present it.

He actually does. He even quoted the January 2016 Watchtower article that was the basis for this month’s Watchtower article.

The point that I see with this video here is that whatever our hope is, it’s a matter between the person and Jehovah. Also, if anyone is really curious, the answer is straightforward. Romans 8:15-17. Besides, we must focus on the ministry and not on knowing whoever in this world is an anointed brother of Christ. :)

In any way, whatever hope someone has doesn’t have anything to do with our individual salvation. We must focus on the more important things.

i watched the video by brother morris and i also read the article that we will soon study. it seems the same to me.   in what way would dustparticle think these two presentations differ?

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Brother Morris did a good job presenting this. Yet, I see some problems:

2. Many are coming into the truth has inquiring minds. They are learning and seeking facts.

3. When new ones are taught the truth, many of them were thought they have a heavenly hope. Now they have to switch gear of an earthly hope.

4. Things doesn't change overnight. As long we live in this system of things, we going to have  who goes to heaven issue to rise no matter we like  it or not.

1 hour ago, careful said:

i watched the video by brother morris and i also read the article that we will soon study. it seems the same to me.   in what way would dustparticle think these two presentations differ?

The exact words what the WT and Morris says it is not the same and some can twist things around of what both says. Take for instance, Morris is a partaker of the emblems and anointed too. There was this one sister in my area have the heavenly calling and went home. Recently a brother mentioned she was a partaker and maybe not anointed. So, do we apply regarding the sister as same with the GB? Talking about walking on thin ice.

The exact words what the WT and Morris says it is not the same and some can twist things around of what both says. Take for instance, Morris is a partaker of the emblems and anointed too. There was this one sister in my area have the heavenly calling and went home. Recently a brother mentioned she was a partaker and maybe not anointed. So, do we apply regarding the sister as same with the GB? Talking about walking on thin ice.

Who are we to say that someone is not anointed? We cannot say much at all about their hope. We do know that there are more partaker s than anointed, but how horrible it would be to doubt someone’s calling.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Who are we to say that someone is not anointed? We cannot say much at all about their hope. We do know that there are more partaker s than anointed, but how horrible it would be to doubt someone’s calling.

We pointed brother and no matter how long this system last, the things you mentioned will carry on.

Brother  Morris  gave an excellent talk! There should be no questions concerning the facts. There cannot be more partakers than anointed. Only the anointed  are legitimate partakers. I know many partake who are not anointed, but they are partaking unworthily. 1 Cor. 11:27-29  is very explicit.  Br. Morris repeated the fact that, if you question whether you are anointed, you are not. We should never question whether one is  anointed. That is private, between each individual and Jehovah. I do know that some who partake are not counted because some are obviously not anointed. Many of our visitors at our Memorial observance have been taught that all good people go to heaven. Christendom has misled the masses to expect that. However, false religion has  always been misleading people since she began. It doesn't matter which lie one believes. They all are bringing forth death. The Governing Body is our lifeline to Jehovah. We must depend on them to direct us. If we don't understand a reason for our direction, follow it until we do understand. Loyalty will protect us.