JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January Broadcasting - Annual Meeting part 1

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 960 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The great crowd survivors will teach loyal servants like Daniel or Noah updating their knowledge with the ransom and so on

then they will help them teach the unrighteous that will be resurrected after them 🤗🤗🤗🤗

1E096242-C915-4855-B80C-CFF2947D5C73.png

450D2D4D-1CAB-4213-A1AD-D15A744F20AF.png

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

We finally have the clarification about the "Unrighteous" group.  Well worth waiting for. Tying Daniel, John and Acts all together.  

And the "vile things" mentioned are the things they did before they died...John 5:29, "and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment".

(practiced is "past tense" and there are no "vile things" in the New World).

4 minutes ago, jwhess said:

And the "vile things" mentioned are the things they did before they died...John 5:29, "and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment".

(practiced is "past tense" and there are no "vile things" in the New World).

I guess I have to wait and see the meeting for myself (soon!) but I always understood it that way.  And that the "resurrection of judgement" would be about them being judged on how they act after being resurrected: "Would they go back to their old ways or accept their new way of life?"

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

The great crowd survivors will teach loyal servants like Daniel or Noah updating their knowledge with the ransom and so on

then they will help them teach the unrighteous that will be resurrected after them 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Imagine being the one assigned to teach Daniel what his own Prophecy was about.

I wonder if there's any in the Bible that won't make the jump. "I recognize that's how things are done now, but we made animal sacrifices for generations, and it worked fine for us, so we'll keep doing that, if you don't mind."

19 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

Imagine being the one assigned to teach Daniel what his own Prophecy was about.

I wonder if there's any in the Bible that won't make the jump. "I recognize that's how things are done now, but we made animal sacrifices for generations, and it worked fine for us, so we'll keep doing that, if you don't mind."

Brother Splane in the last talk 2020 congress said "We will have to teach them: Oh Samuel, please put the knife down and let the ox in peace" "No Abraham, that Child doesnt need circumcision" :D 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Brother Splane in the last talk 2020 congress said "We will have to teach them: Oh Samuel, please put the knife down and let the ox in peace" "No Abraham, that Child doesnt need circumcision" :D 

“ King David.. go get your own coffee “

😂

kidding.. it’d be my privilege to fetch him a cuppa

Edited by Susan Cook

9 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

Did he make a clear statement when he said “ Armageddon survivors and their children… and resurrected ones “

Can we read into this at all? No children for resurrected ones perhaps?

I seriously doubt that.  What would be the reason for allowing one group but not the other?  🤔

13 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

“ King David.. go get your own coffee “

😂

kidding.. it’d be my privilege to fetch him a cuppa

Give a man a Coffee and you keep him buzzing for a while. 

Teach a man to use a Coffe machine and you keep him hyper for eternity. 

Even in the Paradise some knowledge will only be revealed at the proper time. 

3 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

I seriously doubt that.  What would be the reason for allowing one group but not the other?  🤔

I think there has been some discussion here on whether or not this may be the case..

( I think bro Jackson may have even made the distinction twice though .. I have to go back and listen again )

Edited by Susan Cook

15 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

Did he make a clear statement when he said “ Armageddon survivors and their children… and resurrected ones “

Can we read into this at all? No children for resurrected ones perhaps?

If I understand correctly, he didnt say anything about it so I think we shouldn’t read anything into this. Jehovah will satisfy desires of Al righteous people. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

3 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

While I agree with you as I recall it simply hasn't been clarified yet. It's not that long since it was thought those resurrected to Earth were the one's Jesus said were "like Angels neither marrying" so there would have had no children. Now it's felt that they will be able to marry (and even remarry their former spouses) so it's open but as yet not clarified.

He said

19 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

“ Armageddon survivors and their children… and resurrected ones “

because that's all we can say for certain now. 

My own opinion is speculation, :offtopic:and clear in my comment. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

Give a man a Coffee and you keep him buzzing for a while. 

Teach a man to use a Coffe machine and you keep him hyper for eternity. 

Even in the Paradise some knowledge will only be revealed at the proper time. 

For former astrologers, it might get their attention when they learn we had a Starbucks!🤔

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

2 hours ago, computerwiz said:

I guess I have to wait and see the meeting for myself (soon!) but I always understood it that way.  And that the "resurrection of judgement" would be about them being judged on how they act after being resurrected: "Would they go back to their old ways or accept their new way of life?"

We all will need to watch (listen?) to this material over again.  Getting the word judgement clear, understanding the relative positions for those in the "book of life" in pencil or in ink or not at all now or later.  When the practice of evil occurs, how is the "acquitted of sin" applied and many more items.  Why did Daniel call it "Everlasting Destruction" as the group opposite the "Righteous"?  No one thing is as important as making all of these scriptures mesh in harmony and unity.

I was surprised when, Br. Splane  I think, said that Br. Russell looked down and saw the Highway of Holiness open up? Did I take that right? And later he mentioned that the anointed would look down and help with the educational work taking place in the NS?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

32 minutes ago, Dove said:

I was surprised when, Br. Splane  I think, said that Br. Russell looked down and saw the Highway of Holiness open up? Did I take that right? And later he mentioned that the anointed would look down and help with the educational work taking place in the NS?

Yes. That’s not new. GB has explained based upon revelation chapter 7 that the anointed in heaven are giving indications to the anointed still on earth.

quoting bro Splane:

8912390E-9C5E-4BC7-94D1-F536E3DEFCCD.jpeg