JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2017 regional convention theme

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2421 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It was announced at our meeting tonight that our convention is August 25-27. I look forward to seeing the videos that will be incorporated into the talks :D

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

7 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

It was announced at our meeting tonight that our convention is August 25-27. I look forward to seeing the videos that will be incorporated into the talks :D

We had the same announcement last night at our meeting as well, same date August 25-27, but will be in Jersey City,  NJ.

We find out tomorrow night.  Most likely Jersey City again although I hold out hope for Trenton again.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

On 12/16/2016 at 6:43 AM, Samira said:

on which Bible text is the Convention Theme based?.......

....Gal 6:9 ???....."So let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due time we will reap if we do not tire out"

On 12/20/2016 at 6:01 AM, jscotchie said:

What an encouraging convention theme! It appears it will be based on one of the following scriptures:

"Therefore, we do not give up, for even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day."—2 Corinthians 4:16.

"So let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due time we will reap if we do not tire out."—Galatians 6:9.

"For your part, brothers, do not give up in doing good."—2 Thessalonians 3:13.

any confirmation yet as to what scripture the RC is based on?    

...   I'm leaning toward 2 Thessalonians 3:13 as it seems to fit in with  Our yeartext for 2017: “Trust in Jehovah and do what is good.”

Edited by timpin

I guess with my next Monday meeting, I'll know for my congregation in Cleveland Ohio area. 

Nothing was said this past Monday. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

27 minutes ago, Hope said:

So... the 2017 RC Theme is "Don't Give Up!" (in English) ?  This is confirmed?

Yes, the theme "Don't Give Up!" has been confirmed multiple times here (and also by a letter that has been sent from the Branch and read at CLAM this week)  we are now trying to find out what scripture the RC is based on? 

Edited by timpin

7 minutes ago, timpin said:

Yes, the theme "Don't Give Up!" has been confirmed multiple times - we are now trying to find out what scripture the RC is based on? 

Yea it is confirmed by rumor for the most part.  Nothing released from the Branch that I have seen.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

14 minutes ago, rocket said:

Yea it is confirmed by rumor for the most part.  Nothing released from the Branch that I have seen.

The letter gives the theme...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D