JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1391 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Time flies, doesn't it?

I remembered that today (21 March 2017) marks one full year since the FDS's urgent call went out through jw.org to over 8,000,000 Jehovah's Witnesses to lend support for our spiritual family in Russia via a global letter-writing campaign. Notably, this campaign also served to inform the RFederation and its' authorities that they/we are not extremists as well as to express our deep concern over the then-pending - and now implemented - ban of our faith.  Needless to say, the unjust treatment, relentless harassment, physical violence, confiscation of Branch/LRO property and on-going persecution perpetrated towards our spiritual brothers and sisters in Russia quickly ensued thereafter and continues 'til this day. 

For those of us on the "outside looking in" during the past year, Jehovah's servants the world over have indeed run the gamut of emotions: many expressing feelings of hurt and indignation while others have cried out for justice, and yet others have shed tears mixed with anxiety.  I venture to say...  Well, no! I'm confident in saying that the majority of JW's have fervently prayed in all earnestness to our Heavenly Father Jehovah that - first and foremost - HIS will be done in this matter (Matt. 6:10) as well as asked for His holy spirit to be with our Russian family throughout their trials and tribulations.  Happily, His spirit has been with His people and continues to do so.  How do we know?  A few examples come to mind:

• Jehovah has made our Russian family fully aware that the global letter-writing campaign was, in part, to show, a unified force of our brotherhood; (Ps: 133:1) that we genuinely care for them and that they're loved by the throng of witnesses around the world. (John 13:34, 35) In my opinion, no other group - religious or secular - can organize and accomplish an impressive feat on such a massive scale. (No need to wonder why the RF nor anyone else in the media will spotlight this unique quality of unity that is sorely lacking elsewhere.)
  • Jehovah's holy spirit has given our family courage through persecutions heat  - inside and outside the "kangaroo" courtroom(s) - as well as calmness of heart and fearlessness in the face of prosecutorial and police harassment and unjust incarceration. (read: Brother Christensen and Arkady Hakobyan.) They are showing us how to endure when large scale persecution comes our way in the very near future.  (Josh. 1:9; Matt.6:18).
  • Many there have returned to the Jehovah over the past year "rekindling the love they had at first"; something that only His spirit could have accomplished. (Rev. 2:4)

The persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia has garnered worldwide media attention.  Regardless of whether the news channels, online articles, internet sites, blogs, and the like portray us in a favorable light or with a critical eye, the name of our God Jehovah is unquestionably being declared in ALL THE EARTH! (Exodus 9:16b).

At present, it remains to be seen whether the RFederation will comply with ECHR's forthcoming review of the unjust ban and submit a response to their questions as the deadline is 23 March 2018.  Or will they - being on the extreme side of the haughty meter -  continue to believe as their Russian Human Rights Commissioner once stated: that the "ECHR does not meet our view on justice; our system is more perfect than the European one."  Sadly, their shenanigans have ultimately led to the banning of our website, our literature, God's Holy Word, the local LRO's and Administrative Center.  These actions have been resoundingly condemned by USCIRF, the European Union and the U.S. Department of State along with other respected organizations.  (But I remain cautiously optimistic.)

In the end, it's ultimately Jehovah, our God and Father, who is maneuvering matters and it is He alone who will determine the final outcome. (Psalms 83:18).  May His great name continued to be praised! :bible2:

Edited by Omoyeme

44 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Time flies, doesn't it?

I remembered that today (21 March 2017) marks one full year since the FDS's urgent call went out through jw.org to over 8,000,000 Jehovah's Witnesses to lend support for our spiritual family in Russia via a global letter-writing campaign.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/jw-mobilize-global-response-to-threat-of-ban/

Wow, time flies by so quickly..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

From jw-russia.org: https://jw-russia.org/news/18011515-281.html

New section "Documents"

15 January 2018

On January 15, 2018, a new section appeared on the website jw-russia.org , facilitating the search for documents published on the site, for example, expert opinions , appeals, transcripts of court hearings, court decisions and others.

From http://www.sova-center.ru

In Kabardino-Balkaria, the court ruled to block four sites of Jehovah's Witnesses
26 March 2018 / The whole of Russia , Kabardino-Balkaria Republic

The Procurator's Office of the Cool achieved blocking of sites with materials of Jehovah's Witnesses.

On March 20, 2018, the Prokhladnensky District Court granted the suit of the Prokhladny prosecutor's office and decided to limit access to four sites of Jehovah's Witnesses, including the site "Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia".  The reason for filing the claim was that these resources contained " various sections, publications, magazines, books, videos, news about the religious organization" Jehovah's Witnesses "." Representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses were not allowed to participate in the proceedings.

We consider illegal as the liquidation of organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses for carrying out extremist activities, as well as the prohibition of certain materials of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Referencing Anton's twitter page, the FSB is blocking apostate/anti-jw websites also as they make no distinction between former and current JW's. Ha!

I wonder if JWTalk is also blocked..More than likely if even apostate sites are blocked 

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

10 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

From jw-russia.org: https://jw-russia.org/news/18011515-281.html

From http://www.sova-center.ru

Referencing Anton's twitter page, the FSB is blocking apostate/anti-jw websites also as they make no distinction between former and current JW's. Ha!

Did Anton say what 4 websites are blocked? Very interesting! But I don't have Twitter.

On 12/02/2018 at 10:51 PM, ChocoBro said:

If it weren't so late and I wasn't chronically overworked, I'd translate this for you all.

For now, all those with sufficient French and German skills can enjoy a very powerful appeal by a Déborah CHARLIER, a French lawyer who studied at Louvain Catholic University.

I did an English voiceover with sutitles.  It's far from perfect but it might help give an idea.  

English TRANSCRIPT
https://www.docdroid.net/bhzufvX/once-upon-a-time-in-russia.pdf

French TRANSCRIPT
http://docdro.id/BUlOV2o

Edited by sunshine

4 hours ago, sunshine said:

I did an English voiceover with sutitles.  It's far from perfect but it might help give an idea.  

English TRANSCRIPT
https://www.docdroid.net/bhzufvX/once-upon-a-time-in-russia.pdf

Woww! Thank you so much Rosie! That's something I've been wanting to do but never found the time for it. Personally I think that hearing her speak in her original French is much more compelling. It's her language, and she is so articulate! But your efforts are so much appreciated.

58a8a61c1af94_Thankyouheart.gif.369c225538f072cc0503b76f40786e6d.gif

Patience is indeed virtuous! :)

Dear Sister Rosie, it is with deep appreciation that you took the time and effort to translate this for the benefit of many here at JWT.  I echo your words that this speaker can truly be liken to a modern-day Gamaliel.  Powerful words indeed! 

(By the way, your intonation was first-rate I might add!)

On 27.03.2018 at 1:16 AM, Victoria said:

Did Anton say what 4 websites are blocked? Very interesting! But I don't have Twitter.

I found it in Google+. One apostate's blog, one brother's blog, jw-russia and a website where one can find publications not forbidden in Russia.

7 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Please pray for Memorial in Russia. I am really nervous and scared. 

Trust in Jehovah...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thank you so much, Rosie,( @sunshine ) for the time and energy you spent in translating this for those on us monolinguals here on JWTalk.  I very much appreciate it.

Jehovah's name is certainly being made manifest throughout the earth in all sorts of ways and the plight of our brothers in Russia is also being brought to the attention of many. It is so good that she used them as her example.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

9 hours ago, Victoria said:

Please pray for Memorial in Russia. I am really nervous and scared. 

You have nothing to fear Victoria, Jehovah's angels are all around you.  Please be careful not to share anything about the arrangements the brothers have taken online.  Rejoice in the hope Victoria, we love you all very much indeed.

On 3/31/2018 at 6:29 AM, Victoria said:

I'm rejoicing in the hope!

Dear Victoria,

I see the last time you were on the site here (almost 8 hours ago), you would have already had your memorial. It's good to know the authorities there didn't catch up with your gathering and arrest you, and you were hopefully able to celebrate the memorial with little trouble. Please tell us something about it (not too much on a publicly visible forum), such as your attendance, the talk, illustrations, whatever comes to mind. We'd love to hear from you.

P.S.: You are more of an encouragement to us than you know, Victoria.

15 hours ago, Sheep said:

Dear Victoria,

I see the last time you were on the site here (almost 8 hours ago), you would have already had your memorial. It's good to know the authorities there didn't catch up with your gathering and arrest you, and you were hopefully able to celebrate the memorial with little trouble. Please tell us something about it (not too much on a publicly visible forum), such as your attendance, the talk, illustrations, whatever comes to mind. We'd love to hear from you.

P.S.: You are more of an encouragement to us than you know, Victoria.

Thank you very much! But I don't think I should tell anything about it online. The Constitution allows me to keep silent :-)

Can you imagine the surprise Jehovah has in store for this crew? I would not want to be anywhere nearby when they realize the extent they have offended Him. I guess nothingness is okay, but,  before they enter that state, woe to them! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!