JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1397 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just read this Newsweek article: http://www.newsweek.com/russia-jehovahs-witnesses-ban-case-580227

It made me think. Is it dangerous to go against a doctor's recommendation in Russia?

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Vasiliy Kalin, a member of the presiding committee for the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia, stated while addressing the Court: “I want to remind the Ministry of Justice that your request to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses would hurt the very people who wish you a peaceful, happy life.”

Thats what I said in my letter too! :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, YayaMichelle said:

prophet Gi-Gi ? :) just kidding. 

2 hours ago, Luisabola said:

We've got another prophet in our midst....This was said even earlier yesterday by Jothob! Hehe

would this be considered a minor prophet (probably not!) ?   ...   

Edited by timpin

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Vasiliy Kalin, a member of the presiding committee for the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia, stated while addressing the Court: “I want to remind the Ministry of Justice that your request to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses would hurt the very people who wish you a peaceful, happy life.”

You have Russian mind LOL

:zipmouth:

Should we call you Tortuglisky from now on? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

You have Russian mind LOL

:zipmouth:

Should we call you Tortuglisky from now on? 

Is a Russian Turtle an oxymoron? 

:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I think we should keep our discussion serial.

Everyone knows that over use of oxymoron has become a great problem in the medical community.

Turtles are a minority group and we should limit offensive comments to those that can be confirmed.

In some areas 'Tortuglisky' could be a perjorative.

I ask you, where is the chocolate!

(Sorry, it's been a slow afternoon! :D )

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

36 minutes ago, ishaya moses said:

i understand it can be really hard not to feel discouraged and downhearted

Our brothers in Russia have a very positive attitude and a very strong  faith in Jehovah. I have been writing a brother in Russia for over 10 years.  This is what he wrote to me on April 3, 2017

Thank you for prayers and letters. We are confident that Jehovah will support us in our ministry, whatever events happen in Russia. On April 5, I will attend the session of the Supreme Court. The authorities are silent, do not give comments. But, there is a strong propaganda in the media, they are setting people against us, saying that we are extremists. We all continue to hope that very soon Jehovah will establish justice on Earth.

13 minutes ago, Old said:

Everyone knows that over use of oxymoron has become a great problem in the medical community.

...because it creates a pair a docs....

3 hours ago, Luisabola said:

We've got another prophet in our midst....This was said even earlier yesterday by Jothob! Hehe

I did indeed!! Hehe! 

So glad it's been postponed until after the memorial- we can all give one last push this weekend to get the invites out without anything to worry about now! 

Jehovah certainly does things in style...x

17 minutes ago, Jothob said:

I did indeed!! Hehe! 

So glad it's been postponed until after the memorial- we can all give one last push this weekend to get the invites out without anything to worry about now! 

Jehovah certainly does things in style...x

Jothon

You are our prophetess. :D 

On 4/6/2017 at 9:41 AM, Bjern said:

Plenty of media attention too...

2017040601.jpg

2017040602.jpg

I was so glad for all the many pictures that were included in the court transcript as well   ...   What is the name of this Brother and his role in the case?

Edited by timpin

"However, when they hand you over, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour" - Matthew 10:19

"And when they are taking you to hand you over, do not be anxious beforehand about what to say; but whatever is given you in that hour, say this, for you are not the ones speaking, but the holy spirit is." Mark 13:11

The brothers have surely read those words before the trial..

Yes, I remember praying many times for Jehovah to do that for our lawyers.

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Great minds think alike....  :ph34r:

"Absolute rubbish”

51 minutes ago, kejedo said:

You mean you're not?

In my prime at about 25 years of age, I was just a little more than half the man I am now.  Old age and having married a good cook removes the possibility of being called "little".  I am however, a tree chopper.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Isn't is obvious to you, brother?  He was quoting from your letter !!!    Congratulations , you're 'On the Record'  :shutup: