JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

12 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I am recovering from sickness, ( symptoms cough, weakness and extremely congested nose) tested negative for COVID with RAT tests. 
Now I lost taste and smell. 
Is it possible to loose sense of smell and taste from normal flu ? 

Personally I do not think that RAT tests are very accurate. 

My grandma permanently lost smell after a very bad flu. I hope yours is only temporary. 

Edited by Michał

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 1/6/2023 at 9:21 AM, computerwiz said:

What's crazy is this is day 14 for me!!  I feel 85% back to normal, but still got a cough and still got a bit of a sore throat.

My wife had been sick since December 13th and only recently FINALLY got over it. It was not the flu, as we were vaccinated for that. It was not Covid, as we continuously tested negative for that. As it turned out, it was RSV, which then gave way to bronchitis. 

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

On 1/6/2023 at 3:55 PM, vern said:

Corona virus use to be part of the cold\flu.

This is inaccurate. The common cold is caused by a type of coronavirus. There had previously been 4 types of that circulated and infected mankind for decades. This new/novel one (SARS-COV-2) showed up on the scene in late 2019.

The flu is caused by an influenza virus.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:55 PM, vern said:

Some say cold and flu all got collected into covid 19 for awhile.

For the most part, you had to have a positive test result for Covid to be reported/recorded as a Covid-19 infection. Early on you could only get this testing at a pop-up/remote testing site. Then the at-home tests became available and now millions test at home in their own living room and go unreported. The actual number of infections is much higher than is statistically reported.

23 hours ago, vern said:

Was under the impression the lung complication from sarscov2 was called covid19?   Covid 19 wasn.t a reference to vorona virus as there are many.  And getting a corona virus sickness doesn.t mean you will get covid 19.

Covid-19 is the name of whatever illness befalls you as a result of SARS-COV-2, whether it's lung complications, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, runny nose, etc. But you're right in that the original Wuhan strain targeted the lungs and caused severe complications and pneumonia.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

1 hour ago, Brother_Bliss said:

My wife had been sick since December 13th and only recently FINALLY got over it. It was not the flu, as we were vaccinated for that. It was not Covid, as we continuously tested negative for that. As it turned out, it was RSV, which then gave way to bronchitis. 

That’s what I had too, I’m sure. Wasn’t covid (tested 4 times), and it’s unusual for me to get sick with a cold in summer. But whatever it was, it kept me isolated for 3 weeks. And I had put the form in to pioneer, since it was our CO visit last month. Thanks to letter writing and zoom, I got my time in and was well enough to attend the Pioneer meeting by the end of the month with his visit.

We have some very weird bugs going around 😩. I’ve been left with asthma like symptoms and fatigue. Getting there…..

It’s really sad for the older ones.

I was sneezing and coughing for three days, I went into the office ONLY to take the test for reassurance to make sure it wasn’t my thinking it’s allergies and attend the meetings. Wouldn’t you know I tested positive? 

My son tested negative! He used a store brand one. I didn’t loose any smell, no aches- tired ( I’m always at times🙃) but I’m just happy that I’m able to take a “reliable “ test. My son (20+)had the fever, soar throat, sneezing but of course at that age he tells me he’s fine. I believe he has/had it… but what to do? 

Stay safe my Brothers and Sisters.

My mom and I had a virus recently, but tested negative for strep throat, both A & B types flu, and Covid. They said there is another virus that mimics the flu & covid of those but will show false negatives. It's apparently so new, they don't even have a name for it. Wouldn't you know I'd go and catch something new? Lol. Feeling somewhat better, but it seems it has some longer lasting effects...

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

My family and I are just getting over covid. I tested positive using one of the at home tests, so I'm sure that's what my parents had. We had a low grade fever and aches for 2 days. Feeling better now, though there is a lingering slight cough with some phlegm. 

Edited by runner92

31 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

If XBB.1.5 evades the immune system, how is getting boosted goung to help?

CDC Data shows (again, pre-XBB.1.5) that among adults 65 and older, the bivalent booster dose “provided 73 percent additional protection against COVID-19 hospitalization” compared with those who received 2 or more doses of the mRNA vaccine made versus the original Chinese lineage. The bivalent booster also provided “additional protection against COVID-19-associated emergency department/urgent care encounters and hospitalizations in persons who previously received 2,3, or 4 monovalent vaccine doses,” according to the CDC.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-new-variant-could-make-you-pay-for-skipping-the-booster

6 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

I have a question ~ If XBB.1.5 evades the immune system, how is getting boosted going to help?

This is the only thing science has to offer so far. It´s what they think it´s better, specially for older people, but  strongly advice the measures: social distance, wearing mask and so on. 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 1/2/2023 at 12:43 PM, zoebarry said:

In recent articles in the watchtower, it was highlighted that the slave is not infallible. They are just following what the governmental authorities have told them. They are not MEDICAL advisers, only SPIRITUAL ones. They’ve had to correct themselves in the past and issues, and the COVID-19 vaccine may will be one of them in the future. Let’s wait and see. In the meantime it is a personal choice for everyone whether or not they get the COVID-19 vaccine, and they must do their own research on both sides of the issue!

I think it's more than just the slave. In the 2021 update #9 brother Splane said that Jehovah wouldn't allow the brothers to receive a harmful vaccine.

Would Jehovah allow the Governing Body, the helpers, missionaries, a huge percentage of the worldwide Bethel family, and other full-time servants to engage in practices or receive a COVID-19 vaccine that would be harmful?

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/2021-Governing-Body-Update-9/

14 hours ago, Sofia said:

C4D1D00B-0DE6-4A51-9C3D-50B08458902D.jpeg

A source, a link to a website is much preferred over a screen shot. 

Here is a source, a link. https://www.adn.com/opinions/national-opinions/2023/01/08/opinion-the-coronavirus-is-speaking-its-saying-its-not-done-with-us/

The above opinion was written by Eric Topol and distributed by various news outlets. 

Edited by Shawnster

Something to watch out for.

Myocarditis after Covid vaccine

Most of the cases occurred in male teens and young adults and usually after the second dose of a primary series of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, according to the study published Monday in JAMA Pediatrics.

Although a majority of the people recovered quickly, 93% of the cases required hospitalization and 23% of the cases were serious enough to require admission to the intensive care unit. No deaths were observed.

While the study’s findings are “reassuring,” the vaccine-associated heart problems “should not be viewed as always mild,” said Dr. Dan Barouch, director of the Center for Virology and Vaccine Research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. He was not involved in the research.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/myocarditis-covid-vaccine-teens-study-rcna60118

10 hours ago, Paul20 said:

Something to watch out for.

Myocarditis after Covid vaccine

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/myocarditis-covid-vaccine-teens-study-rcna60118

Let's not forget to quote the good news now 😉

The incidence of myocarditis and pericarditis after Covid vaccination is low and most patients make a full recovery, a large international study from Nationwide Children’s Hospital found.

The findings confirm earlier studies that found myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis, an inflammation of the outer lining of the heart, following Covid vaccination are rare.

5 minutes ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Let's not forget to quote the good news now 😉

The incidence of myocarditis and pericarditis after Covid vaccination is low and most patients make a full recovery, a large international study from Nationwide Children’s Hospital found.

The findings confirm earlier studies that found myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis, an inflammation of the outer lining of the heart, following Covid vaccination are rare.

You're correct it does seem to be rare. 

But if you're unlucky enough to get any heart symptoms it's best not to ignore it or brush it off. Especially if you're in the higher risk category of young males. There was a widely publicised case here in New Zealand of a young man who ignored symptoms for two weeks and unfortunately ended up dead.

A coroner has found a 26-year-old Dunedin man died of myocarditis, due to vaccination with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine.

Rory Nairn died at his home in November last year after receiving his first dose of the vaccine.

He had experienced myocarditis-like symptoms for nearly a fortnight following his jab, which he received on November 5.

Myocarditis is a rare side effect of the vaccine involving the heart.

Coroner Sue Johnson opened an inquiry into his death, not to determine civil, criminal or disciplinary liability but to establish when and where Rory died and the cause and circumstances around his death.

The inquest lasted three days in the High Court at Dunedin and heard from witnesses including Nairn's fiancé Ashleigh Wilson, the person who vaccinated him, Medsafe and Te Whatu Ora Southern.

The inquiry was a fact-finding exercise to consider whether the coroner needs to make specified recommendations which may reduce the chances of further deaths in similar circumstances from happening again.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/09/20/myocarditis-caused-by-covid-vaccine-led-to-dunedin-mans-death-coroner/

6 minutes ago, Paul20 said:

But if you're unlucky enough to get any heart symptoms it's best not to ignore it or brush it off. Especially if you're in the higher risk category of young males. There was a widely publicised case here in New Zealand of a young man who ignored symptoms for two weeks and unfortunately ended up dead.

That's good advice, to go to the doctor if you have any unusual symptoms.

But things are often inflated. I had some pain in my chest some time ago. When to hospital and was diagnosed with pericarditis. Took some medication for a couple months and that was it.

Had it happened now, people would blame the covid vaccine. But this happened in 2018 or 2019.

It’s good to keep balance as myocarditis and pericarditis is much more common after covid, than the risk from vaccines. And the risk varies according to age and gender. Therefore, please use your own reasoned research from quality sources to work out what’s right for you. Don't just look at the controversial and sensational reports from ill-informed social media “experts”.

From https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/vaccine-and-infection-myocarditis-risks-contrasted?feed=RACGPnewsGPArticles

Vaccine and infection myocarditis risks contrasted.

E7059C7D-FA3B-42BE-B129-B897E8A52985.thumb.jpeg.984d351e7d523e14e6a3a9f68196e29e.jpeg

According to the chart, the highest rate of post-vaccination myocarditis occurs among male 12–17-year-olds following a second or third dose of Moderna, with 236 cases per million doses. That is less than a half of the 590 cases per million recorded post COVID-19 infection in the same age group.

Associate Professor Litt also points out that fatality rates are higher following myocarditis linked to COVID-19 infection.

The risk of dying from myocarditis post COVID is 10–100 times more than dying from myocarditis after a COVID vaccine,’ he said.

‘Almost all of the people who’ve had myocarditis post vaccine have recovered.’“

Edited by hatcheckgirl

The Australian government now seem to be compensating people who've suffered from rare cases of myocarditis and pericarditis.

I've recently met two people who had severe myocarditis. One of them said it was from the vaccine. The other wasn't sure if it was the vaccine or from COVID.

If you notice any symptoms at all it's best to seek medical advice. Even very minor heart irregularities.