JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

we received this from our Tour operator  "Bethel Tours 4 u"

it's also on their website  https://www.betheltours4u.com/

Bethel has sent out emails confirming that all New York Bethels are closed to the public through March 31, 2020.

We have reached out to all of our March guests and have either rescheduled or canceled their reservations

Thank you sister Samira.

Have any of you heard of any convention cancellations?

1 minute ago, Lee49 said:

Don't forget to wash the money before depositing! Got to think about the next person. 😁

2020-03-07_12h42_55.png

Right

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

New York has declared a state of emergency. First cases upstate in Saratoga County north of Albany. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/07/new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-declares-state-of-emergency-over-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Up to 76 cases now. From Monday to today it’s been doubling, 1-2-11-22-44-76.

Edited by UpstateKate

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

https://fox8.com/

I guess I will have to see what the governor says at 3pm about this.

image.thumb.png.cf8ef363f42ca96d178d428963ec8ffb.png

image.thumb.png.e1c5f90ae500c4597a0bfd60688149dd.png

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Governor stated there were 9 previous test for the covid-19 (before current 5) and they tested negative.

Probably what the elder body have decided what to do after what the branch wrote them.

4 hours ago, Nirex said:

As long as it stays in Atlanta and doesn't come to Columbus. I'm already an officially diagnosed hypochondriac. I'm so close to agoraphobia because of this virus atm.

Right now, cases are in Fulton County, Cobb County, and "northwest Georgia" (county not specified).  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/07/coronavirus-seattle-washington-quarantine-1918-spanish-flu/4964025002/

Before coronavirus, Seattle was under siege by the deadliest flu in history. Here's what life was like.

The city faced a much different health crisis a century ago. Many people mistakenly believe that Seattle was an epicenter of the Spanish influenza epidemic of 1918, which killed as many as 50 million people as it raged around the globe. That's partly because one of the iconic photos of the global pandemic shows a line of Seattle policemen all wearing masks. 

The epidemic had been spreading through the world in the spring of 1918 but was little reported, in part because national leaders didn't want the fear of it to affect public support for World War I.  🤨

2020-03-07_15h18_44.png

The article referred to by this Twitter user is from Business Insider and is behind a paywall.  96 million cases and 480,000 deaths are estimated in the US.  

And 480k deaths is hopeful.  That would be 0.16% or .0016 death rate in the US.  But, because less than 2000 people have been tested in the US, the math is still wrong.  WHO estimates 70% infection rate among the population (210 million) and a 2% (4.2 million) to 3.5% (7.35 million) death rate.

(see also: https://web.archive.org/web/20200306231446/https://www.businessinsider.com/presentation-how-hospitals-are-preparing-for-us-coronavirus-outbreak-2020-3)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/07/us/grand-princess-cancer-patient-stuck-trnd/index.html

There's always someone worse off than others!

"A woman quarantined aboard the Grand Princess cruise ship off the California coast has stage 4 cancer and is worried she won't make it home to start chemotherapy treatment on Monday.

Kari Kolstoe, 60, told CNN she was diagnosed 18 months ago with neuroendocrine cancer, which starts in the digestive tract and it makes carcinoid tumors all over your body."

2020-03-07_15h30_45.png

There is an interesting story behind the NHL Stanley Cup to be played that year.

The following article has been shared with you:

<a href="https://mynorthwest.com/1331813/seattle-stanley-cup-run-1919/">Seattle’s ill-fated Stanley Cup run of 1919</a>

https://mynorthwest.com/1331813/seattle-stanley-cup-run-1919/

image.jpeg

https://www.euronews.com

COVID-19: Italy registers record number of 1,247 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours

Italy has seen its biggest daily increase in coronavirus cases since the beginning of the outbreak in the north of the country on February 21.

The number of cases in Italy rose by 1,247 in the last 24 hours, Italy's civil protection agency said. That increases the total number to 5,883 cases.

Another 36 died in the region, taking the total to 233.

Wonder why it is hitting so hard in rural Italy?  

It's been reported as being there less than a month and the numbers of

confirmed cases and deaths is really high, compared to the rest of the affected regions

that have had the virus circulating longer times among their populations.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Funny story, or not - Today I went to the local grocery store for a few items, there's an older woman who cooks and offers free samples of the "featured item" that the store is offering, well she has always impressed me because she can hardly walk with issues in both legs/hips yet she walks without any kind of aid! Here is the story ,  we did our usual greetings as I briefly always do and stopped to ask how the food prep was going " taking any extra precautions" I asked her, "Oh yes, I just got back from Seattle 2 weeks ago" "oh yeah" I said, slowly backing away then saying " I guess you're glad to get away from there" "yes "she exclaimed. Now for this, I went to the produce section where a young brother from my congregation works and jokingly said to him "remember the 6 foot rule" he then told me they just had a customer pass out near the front door! WHAT! I'm outta here! (jokingly stated) 😉

2020-03-07_15h56_10.png

9 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

WHAT! I'm outta here! (jokingly stated) 😉

Ummm....did you wash your hands before you posted this? 

I'll have to update my phones virus protection....😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Sister Linda/Loopy just called.  She mentioned in the chat room that she was looking

for some cold medicine and a non-battery powered oral thermometer for me.

I told her they must all be in museums because I couldn't find any in the stores. :D 

Even though it's a sixty mile round-trip for her, she is on her way to deliver her care package. :D 

Unfailing love in action...once again. ❤️ :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/06/coronavirus-facts-debunking-myths-covid-19/4954958002/  ( click on )

Coronavirus myths, debunked: A cattle vaccine, bioweapons and a $3,000 test

We've all heard some outlandish rumors about the new coronavirus.

Fake stories circulated on WhatsApp have falsely stated that the virus has killed millions of people worldwide. Social media posts have claimed that drinking garlic water cures the deadly disease. Conspiracy theories that the virus is a bioweapon engineered in a Chinese lab have been voiced by TV pundits and even an American lawmaker.

There's a lot of misinformation out there, and it's transmitting faster than the virus itself. We're setting the record straight.

Also - Spring clocks forward tonight

2020-03-07_17h25_57.png

42 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Sister Linda/Loopy just called.  She mentioned in the chat room that she was looking

I told her they must all be in museums because I couldn't find any in the stores. :D 

Even though it's a sixty mile round-trip for her, she is on her way to deliver her care package. :D 

Yes, it certainly is! Please take care! 😘 I know someone made fun of the idea of onions being good for a virus infection..Once, a sister started eating raw onions when she was sick..did the trick! Maybe the tears carried the virus out of her sinuses..she had a sinus infection!😢

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Well, the organization instructs us to help each other. But first we must learn that someone is not feeling well. Then like that scripture says not just telling someone to keep warm and well fed and letting them deal with it on their own. [Er, something like that.] If we can than we can help them somehow. 

I figure if I can help the friends I’m gonna do it. 😁 Besides it was a beautiful day and roads were great. 😁😁😁😁😁 Distance should not matter. 

Found it: James 2:16 If any brothers or sisters are lacking clothing and enough food for the day,  16 yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Curious, why non-battery powered? The batteries last longer than most glass thermometers. More accurate, faster and easier to read.You do not appear to have anything against electronic devices.   :confused:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

"Curious, why non-battery powered?^

Yeah, the wife wanted one, couldn't find an old glass one , probably because they use mercury or use to, anyway I paid like $10, Guaranteed for Life! at Walgreens! ( take that with a grain of salt) I can just imagine returning it - " got the receipt"? no, sorry, if yes must be returned to manufacturer, shipping and handling will cost ya $8 - never mind!