JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

4 hours ago, GraceH said:

Wow. I keep losing job offer after job offer. It is crazy because of this virus. Entire job industries are freezing job opportunities and people are losing their jobs left right and centre just like that. Is anyone experiencing this? Or, have friends that they know of who are going through this right now?

I work at Centrelink. It’s absolutely horrible what’s about to hit the system, already depleted of staff as most would know. I saw many shell-shocked people applying for the dole. Some were crying. Very saddening. 🥺

Edited by hatcheckgirl

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I work at Centrelink. It’s absolutely horrible what’s about to hit the system, already depleted of staff as most would know. I saw many shell-shocked people applying for the dole. Some were crying. Very saddening. 🥺

I can imagine. In the space of a week so many have already lost jobs and so many businesses are struggling to keep their doors open. 

My husband is fortunate to be in an industry that for now seems ok ( finance) but who knows. He will be working from home for the next 2 weeks at this stage. 

So much uncertainty,  I feel for those in the world with no hope, so many must be so anxious 😞

On a positive note, my sister who has been out of the truth for 30 years is asking questions, admitted that the witnesses have the truth and asked me for a bible. I had a 1 and a half hour witness to her today! Just when almost all other avenues of witnessing have been stopped. Blessing!!! 

3 hours ago, GraceH said:

6. We can now not meet like we used to. No more meetings, cart witnessing, door to door, conventions, Memorial, etc. face to face. I was wondering the other night and I asked myself - with our year text being 'Make Disciples etc.' why would Jehovah let this happen - will it bring more people in - shake them up with fear so to speak - or have we already finished most of the preaching work a lot earlier then we predicted. We are already from the annual meeting clocking in the most new witnesses. Perhaps this is not a practice round and Jehovah is prepping us now for what is about to happen - cry of peace and security and ban on all religions (the GT). I don't think Jehovah would call this a practice round (it could be) but this virus is reshaping the world so quickly in ways that we all could never have imagined. 

I remember that says "this could be our last memorial."  Im trying to find that magazine.  We have been prepared for the GT since 2012.  Article such as "Family Worship, vital for survival. " 

3 hours ago, GraceH said:

7. We are meeting in small groups now - like we will in the future - maybe it will not be in cellars, attics to begin with - but rather technology? Jehovah is God of Order - thinking about the Israelites leaving Egypt

We are still meeting as a congregation through a video conference.. But it would be nice if we could meet in just a group via conference. 

During GT, probably, there will be no internet and that we need to meet up with our go bags. Because as  @EccentricM says, internet could be hacked. 

47 minutes ago, JennyM said:

I remember that says "this could be our last memorial."  Im trying to find that magazine.  We have been prepared for the GT since 2012.  Article such as "Family Worship, vital for survival. " 

Jenny I found a km 2014 https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202014083?q=may+be+our+last+memorial&p=par

But I seem to recall there was something more recent.

6E9C7BF4-EA41-49E9-B423-E93CA9AFE4EA.png

10 minutes ago, booboo said:

Jenny I found a km 2014 https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202014083?q=may+be+our+last+memorial&p=par

But I seem to recall there was something more recent.

6E9C7BF4-EA41-49E9-B423-E93CA9AFE4EA.png

thanks... it was recent in wt study.. It was in a sentence not in a question.. 

well last  memorials  for jw in russia at khall from 2014-2017 @booboo

On 3/18/2020 at 8:07 AM, Todd komaniak said:

Right now because of the coronavirus and the economic portion that is going downhill United States Congress is trying to pass a bill to give each person $1,000. Now I don't want any likes or any kind of emojis on this but all give a think of donating your check to the worldwide work or whichever because I think this is the last hurrah would give a big boost to the Earthly organization

I have to pay rent with my $1,000...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/politics/new-york-workforce-stay-home/index.html

Cuomo mandates all non-essential New York workers to stay home

All workers in non-essential businesses across New York state are required to stay home in an effort to combat the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced at a press conference Friday morning.

"We need everyone to be safe, otherwise no one can be safe," Cuomo said.

"So we're going to put out an executive order today: New York state on pause: Policies that Assure Uniform Safety for Everyone."

"Civil fines and mandatory closures for businesses that don't comply with the new mandate will be enforced, Cuomo announced."

34 minutes ago, Hope said:

I have to pay rent with my $1,000...

In a time of crisis we must make wise decisions with any funds we have. 

Screenshot_20200320-115215.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Eureka! Thank you friends for again mentioning that Zoom app as Brother Lett did on the video. I already had it on my tablet, so I didn’t have to waste the brother’s time getting set up with it.

Just had a tutorial with my service overseer. 😁 O this is going to be a great asset being able to again see the friends. 

We are going to have a trial run Saturday evening at 7 pm to try to iron out any glitches. And if someone has trouble for th3 actual meeting we can still call in the normal way and still get to hear the meeting.

O this is so exciting. 

********Ross, I hope you got the email from the  CoBE this morning and found the app. Also hope your SO has either called you or will soon.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Bayer donates chloroquine to U.S., to seek emergency use as COVID-19 treatment

Published: March 19, 2020 at 3:25 p.m. ET
By 

• Email icon
  • Facebook icon
  • Twitter icon
  • Linkedin icon
  • Flipboard icon
  • Print icon
  • Resize icon

Referenced Symbols

U.S. listed shares of Bayer AG BAYRY, -1.55% rose 3% in trading on Thursday afternoon after it said it had donated three million tablets of Resochin, a chloroquine product, to the U.S. The German drugmaker said that it is seeking an emergency use authorization for the drug in the U.S., where it is not approved. Health care providers in countries like China and France have been using chloroquine-based therapies to treat COVID-19 patients as there are no proven treatments for the disease. At a news conference on Thursday, President Donald Trump talked up use of the antimalaria drug to treat patients who have the novel coronavirus, and FDA commissioner Stephen Hahn said that while chloroquine has been approved for other indications, it would still need to go through clinical trials. Bayer's stock is down 34% year-to-date, while the S&P 500 SPX, -1.44% has dropped 25%.

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Eureka! Thank you friends for again mentioning that Zoom app as Brother Lett did on the video. I already had it on my tablet, so I didn’t have to waste the brother’s time getting set up with it.

Just had a tutorial with my service overseer. 😁 O this is going to be a great asset being able to again see the friends. 

We are going to have a trial run Saturday evening at 7 pm to try to iron out any glitches. And if someone has trouble for th3 actual meeting we can still call in the normal way and still get to hear the meeting.

O this is so exciting. 

********Ross, I hope you got the email from the  CoBE this morning and found the app. Also hope your SO has either called you or will soon.

Yes!  Brother Pat's email included the ZOOM news attachment.  :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Dunno if this has been posted already. It's a really good video that explains a lot about the virus, how it works....

I'm hoping that my good old Cystus tea will help reduce the rapid infection if we should contract it... my wife belongs to the risk group.

@ChocoBro I saw it yesterday but decided not to post it, this thread has gone beyond my comprehension to keep up with. I do appreciate how it explains that it's not really the virus itself, but secondary bacterial infections or comorbid illnesses that usually lead to complications. I'm still using cistus incanus ever since you recommended it, and if I have any respiratory symptoms I nebulize silver and oregano to destroy biofilms. Much improved from years previous. 👍

Edited by Myew

3 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/03/20/anthony-fauci-coronavirus-no-magic-drug-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/cnn-coronavirus-town-hall/

Dr. Fauci: There is no 'magic drug' for coronavirus ( video link) -  despite what some are saying

Dr. Fauci is a very credible source of information ... often even going against the advice of higher authority. He's part of the US task team, but more of a voice of reason.  He apparently has served six presidents - makes him very experienced in being diplomatic as well. 

I've just listened to Brother Lett on jwbroadcasting ... I think I have to whoa down on keeping TOO updated on this ... time to get a schedule going that's going to make self isolation bearable or maybe even fun. It is what it is ... and we are going to have to make the best of it. 

So I'm going to do a little update each morning on this then refocus on other stuff during the rest of my day. Well at least try. 

Oh - SIX brothers in Italy have lost their lives ... my love and prayers go to the families who lost these fine brothers. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

had a tutorial with my service overseer. 😁 O this is going to be a great asset being able to again see the friends. 

Linda..Is this tutorial is  available to download here or are screenshots of it available?

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Sorry, what I meant by tutorial is the brother and I actually used Zoom and he showed me what to click on to do certain things. 

Like in order to give an answer you have to know where to click so the brother can see your hand.  Stuff like that.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”