JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

In which occupation do you hope to spend the 1000 years after GT?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1005 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Other than teaching the Bible and doing spiritual activities?

I hope to work as a programmer.. Maybe if I could be used to help to make the worldwide Bible education app or something like that, I'd be privileged.

I hope to make games based on the Bible too. Lots and lots of it.

I also want to create more art works and music. 

These are the first things that come to my mind.

5 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I want to look after my bit of land. Growing food and creating beautiful areas that all who come by can enjoy seeing. I want to enjoy the fruits of my labour along with others. 

Keeping an area for travellers in good order for them to stay while they were at the time exploring this world.

Your fruits will be as organic as they can be.

Of course I’ll be happy with whatever job as long as I’m there, but I have a few wishes for a job!

One of my dream jobs would be to have a farm, with cows, sheep, and goats- then provide milk and cheese to the area. I’d also like to make and provide clothing for myself and others; I don’t know how to sew or anything, so there would be 5-10 years of learning first, but that’s another major one. 

Edited by califlorican

I don't know about an occupation, but I do want to learn some of the traditional trades and skills.  I have ancestors who worked as marshmen, farmers and windmill / windpump builders.  Love to learn those skills from them.  Building and operating windmills, collecting reeds and rushes from the marshes, laying thatched roofs.

33 minutes ago, On the huh said:

I don't know about an occupation, but I do want to learn some of the traditional trades and skills.  I have ancestors who worked as marshmen, farmers and windmill / windpump builders.  Love to learn those skills from them.  Building and operating windmills, collecting reeds and rushes from the marshes, laying thatched roofs.

Similair thought as Bro Jon, I want to master every musicial instrument.

But on occupation, what jobs appart from the most common one like building and farming, would be we able to do? So many jobs we do today will not be done in the new world.

Ah, I want to do so much! My eyes shine when I think about it. I want to build systems and operational circuits, something like creating useful technologies for the activities that we will have. I also want to use programming, like @VisualizeUrParadise. I want to master several musical instruments and perhaps compose and record many songs with the computer that I intend to make myself. I also want to improve my physical exercise skills, since today we are limited by imperfection in many ways.

Glass-blowing/making is a good idea too :) 

I wouldn’t mind being part of land restoration projects. I’ve been watching videos on desertification and ways this has been combated in different areas. Check out fog harvesting!  We have ways to do things already that if they were implemented would help. Imagine how much more there is to learn! 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I’m a car guy (hence Chevrolet’s Felix the cat mascot as my avatar) so if Jehovah allows us to have cars in the new world I would like to do something involving cars.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

I’m a car guy (hence Chevrolet’s Felix the cat mascot as my avatar) so if Jehovah allows us to have cars in the new world I would like to do something involving cars.

Can you make gasoline?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would love to spend time on top of a mountain and draw or paint the view in front of me! 
I love art so I would love to teach others how to draw. 
Also I’m a hairdresser (so to be honest I don’t think I’ll ever be out of a job!! 😂) But I’d like to teach hairdressing and barbering. 
Thinking about it, do you think there will be hairdressing salons? Places where we will go to get out hair cut, Or will everyone learn how to cut hair and do their own families? 
We wait and see I guess. 
But I’d love to teach my skills to others....🤗

IF there is a resurrection center I'd love to work there.  It wouldn't last the entire 1,000 years but what a unique time in the history of mankind.  I enjoy playing with ancestry.com sometimes now when I can spare the time and I daydream about meeting some of my ancestors some day.  Wouldn't it be fun to be the "welcome wagon" for the newly resurrected.

Prior to the resurrection, I want to learn how to raise sheep, shear them, create the yarn, and weave it into usable items I can then swap with the friends for whatever they have made.  We have clubs in this region that do all of this but I need to concentrate on the ministry for now and learn to weave in the new world. 😀

My biggest dream is having a personal friendship with a sprit creature when that is allowed.  I can just hear them saying "Jodie, what were you thinking that time you....."

I'd love to get into history and documentation, thinking about it. Because we'll know 100% truths, I'd love to chronologically record the "actual" truths of human history, development and so on. People will be honest.

Not just big events, or Biblical things (though that does interest me, especially the Datrk Ages where little is known about the development of true Christianity to Christendom), but crediting people for the origin of inventions, art forms, music, dance etc. Filling in those blanks, being able to trace things to the "true" starting point before there was writing would be amazing. Clearing the air of hundreds if not thousands of years of false claims and intellectual thefts. A nice libary on the top floor of my house, but to also contribute to the sharing of that knowledge with others. (I'm sure many people will have similar goals, so there will be many hands to reach far places and gather knowledge to a central database).

Not only recording, but having "hands on experience" in taking part of those things (when it comes to dance, food, etc) as not just part of the research (as to experience those things, not just write about them, is invaluble, it adds even more appreciation and understanding) but for the experience and fun of it, the mind broadening.

But besides that, I'd also like to open my own personal vinyard. Making wines, apple ciders, etc.  I've done that to a small extent, but not with "ideal" circumstances, my own plot of land, etc.

Edited by EccentricM

1 hour ago, Californiamama said:

IF there is a resurrection center I'd love to work there.  It wouldn't last the entire 1,000 years but what a unique time in the history of mankind.  I enjoy playing with ancestry.com sometimes now when I can spare the time and I daydream about meeting some of my ancestors some day.  Wouldn't it be fun to be the "welcome wagon" for the newly resurrected.

Prior to the resurrection, I want to learn how to raise sheep, shear them, create the yarn, and weave it into usable items I can then swap with the friends for whatever they have made.  We have clubs in this region that do all of this but I need to concentrate on the ministry for now and learn to weave in the new world. 😀

My biggest dream is having a personal friendship with a sprit creature when that is allowed.  I can just hear them saying "Jodie, what were you thinking that time you....."

You could add a small 'language department' there and trace back how each language evolved.

Boring for most people, but I'd love to study them haha 

3 hours ago, Californiamama said:

I love this idea. Maybe among the angels, there is one who is weird like me and I could find a good friend :D

Ho ! Is that a slap on the back on my head I just felt ? But I'm alone in my room... :D 

But besides that, I'd also like to open my own personal vinyard. Making wines, apple ciders, etc.  I've done that to a small extent, but not with "ideal" circumstances, my own plot of land, etc.

And cheese ! And beer ! 

Edited by Dages

27 minutes ago, Dages said:

I love this idea. Maybe among the angels, there is one who is weird like me and I could find a good friend :D

Ho ! Is that a slap on the back on my head I just felt ? But I'm alone in my room... :D 

And cheese ! And beer ! 

Is there anyone here who thinks that we'll never associate regularly with spirit beings? 

I think it's not in harmony with how Jehovah intended this world..haha

But I used to imagine INVITING all anointed ones by means of materialization for a global convention or something like that, in the NW. 

13 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Is there anyone here who thinks that we'll never associate regularly with spirit beings?

In fact, we don't know what Jehovah has prepared for us. I hope the glorious freedom of the children of God will include this :D 

Edited by Dages

7 minutes ago, Dages said:

In fact, we don't know what Jehovah has prepared for us. I hope the glorious freedom of the children of God will include this :D 

I wouldn't want to talk with a spirit being who knows what I was doing in my room 10 min. ago, not that I'll be doing something bad as a perfect human. 😞 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)