JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

In which occupation do you hope to spend the 1000 years after GT?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1005 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I wouldn't want to talk with a spirit being who knows what I was doing in my room 10 min. ago, not that I'll be doing something bad as a perfect human. 😞 

Jehovah knows everything and every thoughts you've had until now. And you communicate with Him, right ? :D 

An angel don't have this level of knowledge. It's fine. :D 

I´d love to develop skills in sectors like music, art, photography, ... things I already love now but just haven´t got much talent.

Maybe after 500 years or so I will have enough talent to deliver my own paintings for the of my brothers´ and sisters´new houses. Or to take fantasic pictures of their gardens or their pets with my camera. Or to accompany gatherings with my guitar and my voice that might need the full 1000 years in order not to sound so odd anymore :punk:

Chrissy :wave:

11 minutes ago, coony77 said:

I´d love to develop skills in sectors like music, art, photography, ... things I already love now but just haven´t got much talent.

Maybe after 500 years or so I will have enough talent to deliver my own paintings for the of my brothers´ and sisters´new houses. Or to take fantasic pictures of their gardens or their pets with my camera. Or to accompany gatherings with my guitar and my voice that might need the full 1000 years in order not to sound so odd anymore :punk:

You could paint one picture for 10 years and shock everyone with the incredible quality. 

I want to spend time with my resurrected dad and would love to visit Greece but, most of all to have the privilege of teaching newly resurrected ones about Jehovah.  I would love to learn more about Jehovah also.

I want to learn the piano and violin.  I want to study marine life and scuba-diving.

I want to meet the prophet Daniel who is my favorite character in the bible.  And, meet Abel and ask him how were our parents in appearance and how did he come to the conclusion that blood needed to be shed when he made that sacrifice to Jehovah.

When I think about all the possibilities of what we are going to learn and do, my head spins.

1 hour ago, cme said:

I want to study marine life and scuba-diving.

:thumbsup:

I've told my wife that I want an underwater home...👍

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 hours ago, Californiamama said:

I can just hear them saying "Jodie, what were you thinking that time you..

...were mean to your younger brothers?"

:whistling::lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I kind of expect my main Jobs other than the teaching work to be the clearing up work, and associated with building infrastructure and doing local and regional construction work. I would like to write music in my spare time if I had any but I would just want to see what skills the brothers needed to help out. After the 1000 years I would like to mainly write some of the most epic electronic music anyone has ever heard. I expect my chosen profession that takes up a lot of my time to come into play after the 1000 years.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

I’ve always imagined the first 1000 years all like an LDC team. There’s so much work to be done! So everyone will be assigned a team, maybe depending on where we are based, like: salvaging, cataloguing, demolition, catering, landscaping, farming etc. Then once the resurrection begins we’ll have those assigned to the resurrection welcoming or teaching teams. I think we won’t have a choice what team were assigned to, or maybe we will do a rotation every few years so we can develop a wide variety of skills. It doesn’t matter if we’re not skilled, we will be taught what needs to be done. If we change teams every 5 years we could potentially be on 200 different teams in that first 1000 years. I expect we’ll have time off to pursue what interests us personally, but that won’t be the focus on that first 1000 years, it will be the time to work! I think this was a bit of a culture shock for me, I assumed as soon as were through Armageddon it’ll be: build a house, have a vineyard and rest and enjoy life. But thinking about all the work that needs to be done (however Jehovah has left the earth after Armageddon) I think more now that we will be working most of the time. But it will be enjoyable, not like today with the weight of the world on our shoulders, but knowing we’re contributing to a worldwide work for the benefit of all humans. 

I personally would love to be on gardening teams, I love watching things grow and designing parks etc would be amazing. Or id quite like to be a school teacher to teach the children while their parents are out working on their teams. How awesome to play with the children, teach them to read and write, teach biology from the animals themselves and history from the people that actually lived through it! 

29 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

I’ve always imagined the first 1000 years all like an LDC team. There’s so much work to be done! So everyone will be assigned a team, maybe depending on where we are based, like: salvaging, cataloguing, demolition, catering, landscaping, farming etc. Then once the resurrection begins we’ll have those assigned to the resurrection welcoming or teaching teams. I think we won’t have a choice what team were assigned to, or maybe we will do a rotation every few years so we can develop a wide variety of skills. It doesn’t matter if we’re not skilled, we will be taught what needs to be done. If we change teams every 5 years we could potentially be on 200 different teams in that first 1000 years. I expect we’ll have time off to pursue what interests us personally, but that won’t be the focus on that first 1000 years, it will be the time to work! I think this was a bit of a culture shock for me, I assumed as soon as were through Armageddon it’ll be: build a house, have a vineyard and rest and enjoy life. But thinking about all the work that needs to be done (however Jehovah has left the earth after Armageddon) I think more now that we will be working most of the time. But it will be enjoyable, not like today with the weight of the world on our shoulders, but knowing we’re contributing to a worldwide work for the benefit of all humans. 

I personally would love to be on gardening teams, I love watching things grow and designing parks etc would be amazing. Or id quite like to be a school teacher to teach the children while their parents are out working on their teams. How awesome to play with the children, teach them to read and write, teach biology from the animals themselves and history from the people that actually lived through it! 

I'd love to be in the salvaging team to explore the ruins...

So many things.  Just a few off the top of my (sleepy) head....

• Dancer.  I think its a beautiful art form.  
  • Carpenter.  I love to build things for people
  • Diner owner.  I love to cook and serve it to people
  • Wife.  I'd love to be a truly good wife to the partner Jehovah choose for me

Edited by Michelle81

5 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Love this! ❤️ I want to be on the catering team, and landscaping, and farming, and all of them now that I think of it!  :) What a wonderful learning experience.  Just to be in the new system would be a privilege far beyond what I deserve.  Jehovah is so generous. ❤️ 

25 minutes ago, Strength of the Young said:

I would like to personally know each member of this forum as well . . .  😄

Several years ago we planned a 100 year reunion at Shali's place. I'll get the exact date and let you know..😁

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)