JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

GT is ready to start…🙈

“For me, it's not whether we are moving into a global food crisis - it's how large the crisis will be."

russia alted fertilizers export 

ukraine alted exports of food too

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60623941

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

17 minutes ago, Sofia said:

GT is ready to start…🙈

“For me, it's not whether we are moving into a global food crisis - it's how large the crisis will be."

Ukraine war 'catastrophic for global food'...........the war in Ukraine will deliver a shock to the global supply and cost of food.

10 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I’m beginning to think that Jehovah might intervene right before the global nuclear war begins. 
If that happens, it’s the end of man’s government anyway.

No because the Scriptures are clear that Jehovah acts when Gog, a coalition of nations, attacks his people. While the coalition will undoubtedly be temporary the description in Ezekiel of their attack doesn't fit a nuclear war.

Does that mean no nukes will be used between now and then, we don't know.

Does that mean that Jehovah won't have to intervene to prevent nuclear war? Well read this beautiful man's experience and decide for yourself

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Arkhipov

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

This really seems surreal, I had to post to show just how crazy this world has become. Come back with me to 2010, to St Petersburg at a charity event…. Notice who is enjoying the “show”? 😳

🥺
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/mar/07/putin-hollywood-pals-leonardo-dicaprio-steven-seagal-depardieu-rourke-stars-snuggled-up-russian-dictator

They had a clip of this in the Frontline special I watched. They claim it was all part of him romancing the west to get what he wanted. 🤷‍♀️  Just so weird if you ask me. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

There are ALWAYS ywo sides to every story.

All I see here is Western government and corporation controlled media stories and portrayals here. 

Where are the Russian news stories? I would like to hear the Russians side of the story and make my own judgment. Why don’t  we get to see what Putin says? Don’t be naive.

Claiming that Putin is “demonic” or a “crazy monster “ are NOT neutral comments. ALL WORLD LEADERS are puppets of Satan and the demons, so let’s not single out one over the other. Everyday, decisions and actions are made by governments in secret that we do not know about.

15 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

All I see here is Western government and corporation controlled media stories and portrayals here. 

Where are the Russian news stories? I would like to hear the Russians side of the story and make my own judgment. Why don’t  we get to see what Putin says? Don’t be naive.

Yes, but in this case the actions of the King of the North are matching Bible prophecy, so it's not a case of having to listen to both sides of the story and making our own decision about which one is the truth. The Bible has already told us what to look for.

I appreciate the saying "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a duck"

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, zoebarry said:

There is an American-sponsored YouTube news channel that managed to interview various Russians on the street in Russian, and for the majority interviewed, they honestly believe that there were no killings of civilians, and that this is a necessary war to protect the east from western invasion. Also that it's just western propaganda to hype up the gravity of what Russia calls a "special military operation" and have banned or imposed heavy fines on any of their own Russian news stations that call this "an invasion of Ukraine". Russia has banned any form of western news, and have also banned Facebook. Teachers have been instructing school children the necessity of engaging in war to protect it's interests. They are throwing Russian protestors into prisons which could result in jail for up to 15 years.

What is there not to believe about Putin? There are 1.5 million refugees who have fled Ukraine because they are absolutely scared for their life, and a great number of civilians (and not just soldiers) have already died. Putin authorized an attack of a nuclear power plant, jeapordizing radiation leak and enormous deaths not just in Ukraine, but a large part of Europe. Have you been watching any of the NATO or UN meetings? Have you heard the Russian representatives speaking? You don't need the news to form your own objective opinion about Russian leaders actions. One such accusation is Russia is trying to "denazify" (Putin's own words) Ukraine, although their president is part Jewish. The whole world is throwing sanctions against them. So...

Yes, all of these governments are part of Satan's system, but it is obvious that Putin is a dictator and is in a blood-thirsty drive for power, even at the expense of peoples lives, and even at the expense of his own economy. What is there not to believe? There is destruction, suffering and death all over Ukraine. Yes he's Satan's tool, as are all worldly governments, but what is there not to believe about him and what now the international community is terming "war crimes against humanity" aka civilians? This isn't just some leader exercising his muscles, he's executing punches.

Yes, we are neutral, but no one can deny that his actions are barbaric, murderous and insane. That's not being political, it's just calling it for what it is.

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

I am not saying anybody is not being neutral but it would be a good reminder of what that involves by looking at this lesson:-  https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/enjoy-life-forever/section-3/lesson-45/

and also particularly this video

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb_201702_6_VIDEO

We can if we are not careful take sides in political issues in our hearts and minds and if we do that then the wild beast is being successful in marking us on the head. Media propaganda and political rhetoric can effect us emotionally and can make us take sides.

To address the previous post above. While obviously not supporting any particular nations action. Vladamir Putin has over the years grown increasingly concerned and upset about the expansion of NATO. As it has crept closer and closer to the Russian border he has repeatedly expressed his upset at this as he views it as an alliance against Russia.  After the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991, NATO expanded to include former members of the Warsaw Pact, such as Poland and Hungary. The former Soviet Republics of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia joined NATO in 2004. Today NATO consists of 30 nations. Vladamir Putin has viewed this pushing towards the russian border as a direct threat to Russias security and views NATO as an enemy of Russia.

This is all fulfilling prophecy just like Daniel 11 says. Just be careful not to take sides either for the North or South king or for any of the nations political alliances they are all in competition for your support.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

In this case, three sides of the story 

1. Western side

2.Russian side 

3. Jehovah’s prophecy about King of the North (especially Daniel chapter 11) 

Jehovah described militaristic attitude of KOTN and his will of conquests. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

ALL WORLD LEADERS are puppets of Satan and the demons, so let’s not single out one over the other

Can we use this formula in relation to persecution of God’s people in recent years, throwing our brothers and sisters to prison for teaching the Bible in a most peaceful and loving manner? 
Is there a single leader displaying  particular hatred towards Jehovah’s worshipers? Or are they all exactly the same? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The US dollar/Russian Ruble is currently trading at around 155, meaning $1 is worth 155 rubles

Before the conflict with Ukraine began, it would normally trade between 70 to 80 rubles to the dollar. On Monday's lows, the Russian ruble has lost 90% of its value against the US dollar since the beginning of the year.

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

The US dollar/Russian Ruble is currently trading at around 155, meaning $1 is worth 155 rubles

Before the conflict with Ukraine began, it would normally trade between 70 to 80 rubles to the dollar. On Monday's lows, the Russian ruble has lost 90% of its value against the US dollar since the beginning of the year.

The stock market isn't doing very well either...😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The World´s scene is changing so fast.

Economy is sinking... and all human structures are collapsing. An important World conflict in ongoing...

This Is paving the way to GT start very soon

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

The article is called “Russia Invades Ukraine”. https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/russia-invades-ukraine-bible-meaning-hope/

So if we are commenting on this event, then I feel it’s not breaking neutrality. We are writing about history as it happens. There is no question at all who the aggressor is. 

However, I do appreciate the reminders of keeping our neutrality. It’s heartbreaking to watch this war. No one wants the Russian people to suffer either when these sanctions bite. They are also pawns and collateral. 

But both governments have failed in ruling over their populations. Corruption and extreme wealth and power are a hallmark of both. Yet Satan has made the world forget this, and has split the world again into 2 camps - democratic West vs autocratic East. But we know them as KoN and KoS. 

To the world, democracy is better. So long as we don’t see it that way, our neutrality stays where it should. 

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Claiming that Putin is “demonic” or a “crazy monster “ are NOT neutral comments. ALL WORLD LEADERS are puppets of Satan and the demons, so let’s not single out one over the other. Everyday, decisions and actions are made by governments in secret that we do not know about.

I remember when Trump was running for president and we had to be very careful to not lose our neutrality by criticizing the man, we have to be very careful to continue to show respect to the superior authorities that Jehovah has allowed to exist.

However, even though the Bible prophecy about the KotN doesn't tell us that Putin will be leading the KotN, the facts are that he is currently leading the government that is currently oppressing Jehovah's people. That same government, under Putin's direction, is attacking Ukraine. The brothers and sisters fleeing the country are getting that information to the GB, so we have a news source we can trust, our own brothers and sisters. 

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Have you tried Google? A quick Google search will link you to what you seek 

10 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The article is called “Russia Invades Ukraine”. https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/russia-invades-ukraine-bible-meaning-hope/

So if we are commenting on this event, then I feel it’s not breaking neutrality. We are writing about history as it happens. There is no question at all who the aggressor is. 

However, I do appreciate the reminders of keeping our neutrality. It’s heartbreaking to watch this war. No one wants the Russian people to suffer either when these sanctions bite. They are also pawns and collateral. 

But both governments have failed in ruling over their populations. Corruption and extreme wealth and power are a hallmark of both. Yet Satan has made the world forget this, and has split the world again into 2 camps - democratic West vs autocratic East. But we know them as KoN and KoS. 

To the world, democracy is better. So long as we don’t see it that way, our neutrality stays where it should. 

Also acknowledging facts is not braking neutrality.

Why Jehovah decided to place headquarters of his restored worship right in the heart of KOTS territory?

Because he knew in advance mean disposition of the KOTN. 

During the last days, the king of the north has repeatedly entered into “the land of the Decoration.” For example, when Nazi Germany filled the role of the king of the north, particularly during the second world war, that king entered into “the land of the Decoration” by persecuting and killing God’s people. After World War II when the Soviet Union took on the role of the king of the north, that king entered into “the land of the Decoration” by persecuting God’s people, exiling them.W20

But yes, regardless of what is taking place right now in the world, we better stay away from sensitive subjects.

2 hours ago, Cool Cat said:

I am not saying anybody is not being neutral but it would be a good reminder of what that involves by looking at this lesson:-  https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/enjoy-life-forever/section-3/lesson-45/

and also particularly this video

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb_201702_6_VIDEO

We can if we are not careful take sides in political issues in our hearts and minds and if we do that then the wild beast is being successful in marking us on the head. Media propaganda and political rhetoric can effect us emotionally and can make us take sides.

If anyone wishes to discuss neutrality, I created a topic specifically for that. Since this topic is about the invasion maybe keep all the neutrality posts and links in the other topic?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

10 hours ago, Sofia said:

GT is ready to start…🙈

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

17 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Rev 6:8 is being fulfilled right before our eyes! (which is the fifth seal, with the sixth seal being the very last one)

8 And I saw, and look! a pale horse, and the one seated on it had the name Death. And the Grave was closely following him. And authority was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Comments at UNSC meeting today by the Ukrainian amabassador. 

People in Ukraine require concrete actions to save their lives, their health and their property, he said.  It is evident that the fragility of the situation reaches beyond Ukraine, into Europe and across the world.  “We expect the Council to be decisive in responding to the worst humanitarian crisis we have ever seen since the end of the Second World War in Europe,” he said.  After the last Council session, a colleague said that it was like group therapy, with everyone trying to bring one member to sanity.  Listening to this member, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene should be called.  It is very difficult to listen to the persistent “lies and delusion and delirium” coming from that country.  He went on to refer to a Tweet quoting Sergey Lavrov saying that “the goal of Russia’s special military operation is to stop any war that could take place on Ukrainian territory or that could start from there.”  This was tweeted by the Russian Embassy in London and retweeted by the Russian Foreign Ministry.  In London you can dial 111 for mental health services, he said.

4 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

wild beasts of the earth

Today at UNSC the Ukrainian ambassador called the russian forces with a "Z" upon them as wild beasts.

5 hours ago, zoebarry said:

I believe Russia could have done a lot more harm by now.  If thats all they got, USA could outgun them easy.  I do see their concern of NATO on every border.  Also, I understand KOTN does what is prophesied.  BUT would USA allow nukes in Cuba again?  Who's perspective is correct?

31 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

the sixth seal being the very last one

Not to sidetrack the discussion, but this is not correct, sorry. There is a seventh seal, the opening of which results in silence in heaven for half an hour. (Rev. 8:1) Revelation progresses on the basis of a series of sevens—seven congregations, seven seals, seven trumpets, seven bowls of anger.

You are correct, however, that we are witnessing the result of the opening of the fifth seal.

2 hours ago, rolypoly said:

I believe Russia could have done a lot more harm by now.  If thats all they got, USA could outgun them easy.  I do see their concern of NATO on every border.  Also, I understand KOTN does what is prophesied.  BUT would USA allow nukes in Cuba again?  Who's perspective is correct?

This is an interesting video about Russia's lack of logistic ability. 

https://youtu.be/b4wRdoWpw0w