JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - November 2023

I'm a little shell-shocked about the new publication. I'm not sure what the mid-week meeting parts will look like without a question/scripture setup. I'm intrigued, though; they've been emphasizing for a while the benefits of just starting conversations and letting them flow naturally, but I'll admit I'm a little worried because i'm the type of person that needs to be told verbatim what to say. I know it will prove to be an improvement over time, though; these kinds of changes always make me feel like things are speeding up.

Also new workbook. Love the new meeting format. Love honing in on the emotions of people. So we can help using same qualities Jesus did rather than being tied to a prepared notion.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

20 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Also new workbook. Love the new meeting format. Love honing in on the emotions of people. So we can help using same qualities Jesus did rather than being tied to a prepared notion.

I love the new format of the MWM Workbook!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

image.png.c204119fad51681ee61ab98f13147d28.png

did this just pop up on anyone else’s JW Library?

Yes!

Print date May 2023

Wow!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

image.png.c204119fad51681ee61ab98f13147d28.png

did this just pop up on anyone else’s JW Library?

The Preface explains what it is for.

1 hour ago, Josue Roman said:

New videos of brochure now available on the servers

Already loaded in here: https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/categories/VODLovePeople

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

39 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

As an Autistic brother, I feel the same way. I am not so good in starting casual talk from door to door, as I am unable to read body language, and deaf to tone nuances. I understand an angry face and shouting. I'll leave. 

When that door opens, I need to start talking... that scares me. 

In a street or in a train or at a square etc.. I have time to observe people and guess my way to what person they are and can ask the brother what I could use. So to me it is difficult as well.

I’m autistic too and all this change is A LOT to deal with. 

42 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

As an Autistic brother, I feel the same way. I am not so good in starting casual talk from door to door, as I am unable to read body language, and deaf to tone nuances. I understand an angry face and shouting. I'll leave. 

When that door opens, I need to start talking... that scares me. 

In a street or in a train or at a square etc.. I have time to observe people and guess my way to what person they are and can ask the brother what I could use. So to me it is difficult as well.

I imagine this would be similar to talks, where some brothers I know can have single sentence footnotes and give the entire talk without barely looking down, where as for me even the initial call has to be written out or else I'm hopelessly lost.

I imagine you tailor to your specific circumstances a presentation that works for you.

3 hours ago, trottigy said:

As soon as the boradcast was out - the moderators decided it was OK to let the posts about it happen.

That is solely on the moderators and not any of the other members.

We certainly hope, if we've offended some, that we can be forgiven, but .. really what time would be ok - 60 minutes after, 90, 120, and by whose time zone? So our policy is to just allow it to be open once things are public.

EDIT: but good point - I added SPOILER to the topic for any who have not watched it yet to be forwarned.  :grouphug:

I found solution myself, held myself back from viewing this topic.

Now I have watched it, so there is nothing that can spoil my experience. 

I enjoyed discovering things on the actual broadcast. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 minutes ago, TheKid23 said:

I’m autistic too and all this change is A LOT to deal with. 

Relax, Jehovah has your back. 

If you read carefully in the brochure, we are encouraged not to talk too much. 

Good morning, 

How you been today?

(scenario where householder comes back with grocery shopping)

I can see you just came back from grocery shopping...

Do you think there will be a time when food will be plenty and accessible to all? 

Show Bible promise...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I love, love, love, love this new publication (Love People). This approach makes so much more sense to me for the times we’re living in. I feel like I did when the new translation came in 2013, like it was an answer to prayers I hadn’t even thought to put into words. 

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Relax, Jehovah has your back. 

If you read carefully in the brochure, we are encouraged not to talk too much. 

Yes there is a lot of naturalness in informal witnessing. The starting a conversation part is 3 minutes long, so this is a good tip that starting a conversation doesn‘t need to go right into deep scriptural discussion right from the start. Just starting conversations that might interest them, and then directing their attention to spiritual thoughts without it being unnatural or too out of the blue, getting contact info for next time, etc. Great training that can apply to anyone whether shy or outgoing.

It‘s nice also that the brochure has parts dedicated to naturalness. Also how to change your initial approach if you had a specific topic in mind, but to be flexible, like in lesson 3. Great start to the new year!

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

• carlos changed the title to JW Broadcast - November 2023
  • trottigy unpinned this topic