JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

21 hours ago, Sheep said:

A sister who used to be in my congregation was in New York state to see Bethel recently. She also visited a few sites in New York City, one of them being one of the many NYC museums. She sent me some photos she took there, including the following. It's a picture of one of the Baals (left) worshipped by the apostate Israelites, with its mother!

IMG_0238.thumb.jpg.2f578612bccd373f04b529db0b06e690.jpg

I don't get it. How could the Israelites turn away from worshipping our lovely God Jehovah to worshipping something so ugly?

When I see idols like this or Mary in the bathtub or any other worshipped idol I think of Paalms 115:4-8

4 “Their idols are silver and gold, The work of human hands.  5 A mouth they have, but they cannot speak; Eyes, but they cannot see; 6 Ears they have, but they cannot hear; A nose, but they cannot smell; 7 Hands they have, but they cannot feel; Feet, but they cannot walk; They make no sound with their throat.  8 The people who make them will become just like them, As will all those who trust in them.”

And yes they are ugly. How anyone can worship them is beyond me.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 11/13/2017 at 4:57 AM, Sheep said:

Thanks for the reminder. I never would have thought of looking there.

Last week there was a bear trying to get into this area's chain linked trash pavilion. It obviously tore down some chain link fencing, which has been reattached. I don't know if it actually got into the food laden trash. Now I have moved up my after-dark dog walking and head in a different direction. My neighbors think that the bear has gone into hibernation and is no longer a threat. It is my belief that bears can forage any time of year and that this one must have been hangry.

2 minutes ago, 1gemstone said:

Is this your front or back yard?

Actually a sisters yard. This is where we have our congregation picnic. She took the picture before service.

Iris 1.png

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Happened to me in 2015 at Grand Canyon.

Eyeball to eyeball is not good with an elk. Elk don't have pretty eyes, that is why Bambi was a deer.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

pinkauroras_strip.jpg

dramatic_strip.jpg

CRAZY PINK AURORAS: Does Solar Minimum turn auroras pink?

Sky watchers around the Arctic Circle are starting to wonder. 

For the second winter in a row, unusual pink lights have exploded

in the night sky when the sun is blank--no sunspots.

Solar wind from the "low activity" sun is producing pink auroras so bright

that the Arctic landscape itself is turning pink.

Visit Spaceweather.com for pictures of these unusual auroras

and more information about the underlying physics.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif