JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ban on Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia Imminent?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2589 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 minutes ago, peper-eliot said:

The rights activist, director of the "Sova" Center for News and Analysis, Alexander Verkhovsky thinks that it is premature to speak of the liquidation of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Why ?

"I do not understand how it can be achieved; even Stalin was not able to eliminate them." ;-)

To ban us or eliminate are not the same thing......

..we were banned very often but never eliminated.....

Jehovah will not allow this to happen.....

1 hour ago, campanula said:

I have been taught that a personal study and a prayer stranghten the faith, not persecution, but from London  your tree you may see farther.... Zacchareus :D

Campabula,

We had a persecution in Georgia  in late ninties and I was there in Georgia that time and I know, the persecution really strengthens the faith. 

2 Thess 1: 3, 4 says:

because your faith is growing exceedingly and the love of each and every one of you is increasing toward one another. As a result we ourselves take pride in you  among the congregations of God because of your endurance and faith in all your persecutions and the hardships that you are suffering.

And because they had built up their love and faith,  they had endurance to survive persecution, because they believed that Jehovah  would deliver them in the near future. When you survive persecution, or any trials, your faith is strengthened and refined.

This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus. (verses 6,7).

Also Zechariah 13:9  

And I will bring the third part through the fire

And I will refine them as silver is refined,

And test them as gold is tested.+

They will call on my name,

And I will answer them.

I will say, ‘They are my people,’+

And they will say, ‘Jehovah is our God.’”

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Can't edit weird spacing

2 hours ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

We had a persecution in Georgia  in late ninties and I was there in Georgia that time and I know, the persecution really strengthens the faith. 

I agree with Guri. I learned the truth under persecution. Me and my family had to fight for our faith in the eighties. Me and my sisters had to face persecution during the school years and my father was even arrested for a short period oftime . Of course, nobody likes to be arrested or persecuted. But persecution (unfortunately in a hard way) really strengthens the faith and gives you the opportunity  to feel our brotherly bond more evidently and intens. A direct persecution helps you more than a subtle persecution to take a stand firm. As James 1:2, 3 says: "Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you meet with various trials knowing as you do that this tested quality of your faith produces endurance."

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

In the first century our brothers in Jerusalem were so persecuted that many had to flee to other areas

Acts 8:1...On that day great persecution arose against the congregation that was in Jerusalem; all except the apostles were scattered throughout the regions of Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a.

Obviously there is nothing wrong in seeking safety for your family.  This is also part of physical persecution (loss of home, employment and possessions).

On 11/03/2017 at 1:37 PM, campanula said:

Honestly speaking i have zero desire to be more "prepared" to the GT than anyone else and i would prefer to "enjoy religious freedom" than to stay here and wait until they come to arrest me.

Sister Svetlana,  after reading through all the posts, I wanted to write and tell you that I feel for you and what you and others must be going through at this time. It must be very hard for you and many other brothers and sisters to be unsure of what awaits them.  

However, I wanted to try and encourage everyone with a scripture especially you as you seem really down at the moment. The scripture that came to mind when reading the posts is Romans 8:38&39;   "For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord".

The reason this scripture came to mind is not only is it one of my most favourites, but it was also used by a brother in the Be Loyal, As Jesus Was video on JW Broastcasting.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODBible/pub-jwbcov_201605_2_VIDEO 

The brother in the video went through so much in his lifetime, more than some of us can ever imagine.  I am not sure if everyone has seen the beautiful and heartfelt example the brother displayed, so I will not spoil it for anyone. Moreover, this compelling faith strengthening video also made me think of the brothers and sisters in Russia also and that is why I wanted to highlight it. There was a couple of things I initially thought stood out in the video, but after I watched it a few more times and again just now I found a few more. I will not highlight them all just the ones that really stuck out.

We have to love Jehovah first, before and more than anything else.  

We ourselves need to be Convinced that it doesn't matter what satan throws at us, no one can separate us from JEHOVAH'S LOVE!!

The theme music behind the tune see if you can recognise it and read through the lyrics, again. I am not going to spoil which song it is. But the words are so true and purposeful with a good reminder of what Jehovah has done for us through is love.

All of Jehovah's servants around the world are going through something that satans throwing at us, it doesn't matter how big or small. We also all experience things at a differently too, as last months Watchtower studies brought out, however, daily bible reading, prayer and trust in Jehovah and keeping our Faith strong and firm is what will get us through in the at this time of the end.

Lastly, with much love, be convinced as Romans 8:38&39 really convinced that it doesn't matter what satan throws at us, be it death, life, government, nor things now, nor thing yet to come, nor anyone can separate us from JEHOVAH'S LOVE!! Really know deep in our hearts beyond any doubt that Jehovah can and will deliver us from anything we are going through currently, or are starting to go through. Not matter what our situation is, where we live nor any other factors. 

I hope you all enjoy the video in the link as much as I did.  

EVERY difficulty is an opportunity to ask yourself: how can this help me to learn more about, deepen my relationship with and grow my faith in Jehovah.

Ofcourse, persecution is something what nobody wants, if they have the choice. But how you view it (or any difficulty), can help you to remain your faith and even increase it.

I pray for all my dear brothers and sisters who are facing these problems

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

After reading this Thread this morning I was trying to remember an experience in the magazines about a 6 year old Cuban Witness boy who had a gun put to his head in an effort to get him to do some patriotic thing.  I couldn't remember the whole experience but wouldn't you know it, the brother giving the 1:00 P.M. talk today had that very experience in his talk.  It is in the 1980 Watchtower Oct 15 page 30.

Youths also are faithfully enduring tests of their faith. Refugees tell of one Cuban youth who was just starting school. He was asked by his teacher to put on the neckerchief with the triangular insignia. This is worn in Cuba to symbolize support of the State. The Witness youth, however, explained to the teacher that he could not wear such a political symbol for he is a worshiper of Jehovah God.
The teacher tried to convince the boy to put the neckerchief on, but to no avail. In exasperation, she went out to the street and called in a policeman, asking if he could persuade the youth to change his mind. The policeman pulled out his revolver and pointed it at the boy’s head, telling him to wear it—or else. After a few seconds, the boy looked up and asked: “Why do you not shoot, for I am not going to wear it?” Dumbfounded, the policeman strode out of the room.

I heard a similar experience back then from a Cuban family from that same boat lift that stayed with my sister and her family.  It was much the same as the one above except the boy took off his shirt and when ask why the boy said that it was new gift from his parents and he didn't want to get blood on it.  In like manner the policeman walked away.

"Truly, the faith of Cuban Christians is an inspiration to their brothers everywhere. " In like manner we are praying that nothing can separate our Russian friends from God's Love.

Romans 8:35-39

35 Who will separate us from the love of the Christ? Will tribulation or distress or persecution or hunger or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 Just as it is written: “For your sake we are being put to death all day long; we have been accounted as sheep for slaughtering.” 37 On the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victorious through the one who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers 39 nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:11 AM, campanula said:

Uguh, now say that to all religious refugees that fled from persecutions in their countries and seek asilum in the Western Europe  and United States.

Sorry to see you down, Svetlana. I didn't mean that.:kisscheek:

I won't say that to those refugees that left their countries from various reasons. On the contrary, I hope this way they will have the opportunity to learn the truth somehow. 

And I didn't want to discourage you. I just wanted to share the only positive thought about persecution.

Victoria said: "We used to have forest conventions too:-) Now we have even home conventions in small apartments."

Then, when asked: "What magazines or books are you allowed to use in field service and teaching interested ones?" She said : "The Bible:-)".  

Reading that, I remembered how the Brothers had the same positive attitude during the communist period here. Were they superhuman? NOT AT ALL! Did they like that situation? NOT AT ALL! But what can we do if we are main target of the Devil??? The most important thing we should focus on under persecution, and not only, is that we have on our side SOMEONE stronger, the Almighty God. If we deepen our love for Jehovah, He can help us to remain faithful, whatever the circumstances.

*** w11 1/15 p. 27 par. 4 Empowered to Overcome Any Trial ***
Imagining different scenarios of possible future persecution is not the best way to prepare for it. The fact is that we simply cannot know what the future holds in such matters, so there is little to be gained from worrying about things that may never happen. There is, however, something that we can do. Most of those who have successfully endured persecution have done so by meditating on the faithful course of integrity keepers, as recorded in the Scriptures, as well as on the teachings and example of Jesus. This has enabled them to deepen their love for Jehovah. That love, in turn, helped them to resist whatever trials came their way.

Love, Daniela:encourage:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

We had to live under these restrictions to understand our brothers and sisters in Russia. If I was under this pressure propably I would panic, I would think "what's next, how long will this go on, etc etc". But definetely everybody of us will face these conditions. Until then, the only we can do is to think in our prayers about the brothers and sisters in Russian Federation, to keep building faith. 

I have never suffered hard persecution, but if I did I'm sure my reaction would be the same as Svetlana's: concern and fear. Let's not be naive, nobody wants to be persecuted. In fact, Christians wouldn't need courage if they were not afraid. Courage is not "not being afraid" but rather "being faithful despite the fear".

I remember an experience that made a lasting impression in me when I read it. It was about our brothers in Albania, who suffered for many decades one of the worst persecutions ever. They couldn't even meet with regularity because they were being watched all the time. Nasho Dori was one of those faithful brothers who spent a long time in prison. Then Communism fell and our work was legalized. After some years of peace, our young brothers faced jail again due to their refusal of the military service.

*** yb10 pp. 185-186 Albania ***
HIS FAITH WAS STRONG TO THE END
Nasho Dori, in his 80’s, was ill, and his strength was failing. But one group of brothers in particular needed his encouragement—the young brothers who were being called up for military service. The Orthodox clergy in Berat, who envied the rapid growth among Jehovah’s Witnesses, pressured the authorities to prosecute these young men.
Six young brothers there who refused to join the military faced the prospect of several months in prison. Recognizing their need for encouragement, Nasho sat up in bed and videotaped a message for them.
“Do not be afraid,” Nasho urged the young brothers. “We have been through this before. Jehovah will be with you. If you go to prison, do not worry. It will turn out for the good of Jehovah’s name.”

Wow, that's encouraging! An elderly  brother telling them "If we could go through this with jehovah's help you will be able to." I'm saving this for the time when persecution will come.

I was thinking after I posted about something I had known but not really  thought to deeply about it. Being able to enjoy religious freedom like Sister Svetlana said means that she and many other brothers and sisters would have access to All of publications that have been brought out. Its hard to imagine not having the ability to read the magazines, the workbook, etc... to prepare for the meetings and become spiritually encouraged.

But the I remembered the Sunday morning convention from last year, the one that showed the brothers and sisters going through the tribulation. How they still met and encouraged one another. I know myself, I had goosebumps everywhere from that symposium. Jehovah is already preparing us for the great tribulation. For never before have we had anything like those videos shown in the symposium. However, I did notice one thing, not sure if it stood out to others as well. The brothers and sisters only had a hard copy of their bibles! No electronic tables, no magazines, no other books, only their bibles. They encouraged each other through experiences to keep one another strong and help those in their groups faith to be upheld. The videos where so encouraging.

I hope one day sister Svetlana to hear about your experiences I am sure they are so faith strengthen, and may Jehovah continue to watch over you and all our other dear brother and sisters around the world. As it doesn't matter where we are we all suffer trails.

:givehug:

our friend in N.Y received this just from her friend in Russia:

Now in Russia yet isn't ban. But all people of Jehovah in Russia  do await soon ban. We pay attention to word of Jehovah: " Do not be struck with terror or fear…" " Here is what Jehovah says to you, ‘Do not be afraid or be terrified because of this large crowd, for the battle is not yours but God’s.""

Yes We are little trembling, but Brothers and sisters have steadfastly resolve remain faithful for Jehovah!

History repeating itself in Russia.

Most lands focus on one segment of society to harass in order to deflect that everybody's rights are being restricted, in favor of the elite few.

That is behind a lot of these populists movements in Europe and North America. Canada and the US are not exempt in this

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Got this from csmonitor website. This "photo of the day" was taken on Thursday, March 16.  A coincidence?  (Not difficult to imagine their topic of conversation.) 8-)

Alexei Nikolsky/Sputnik/AP Russian President Vladimir Putin meets with Metropolitan Korniliy of Moscow and All Russia, Head of the Russian Orthodox Old-Rite Church, in the Kremlin in Moscow on Thursday.

22_2.jpg

Edited by Omo_Yeme