JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1455 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Let us know as soon as you or anyone else sees anything. New Zealand's media is behind the times.

Ditto

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

You got me there ... they are more concerned about what is going on in NZ even its about politicians and their affairs than what is going on around the world.  A wasted opportunity, to be in NZ, a day ahead of most and let that opportunity slip by. *shakes her head. 

Ditto again. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

50 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Just sent 10 letters. 5 mine, 5 my hubby's. We could write only to 5 officials. I was harder than I anticipated! We spoiled many sheets of paper and 3 envelopes:-)

Ooh that answers a question I had ... yes our brothers and sisters in Russia are also sending letters. How amazing.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

8 hours ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

BlackSnow? 

If its so why is such an important update we can not find in the instruction on JW.ORG? :) 

Because this is a requirement of courier companies in Ghana, where BlackSnow is posting from. In other countries where phone numbers are not required by companies no updated instructions were necessary.

Don't forget that this is a multinational forum and what is true where I live is not necessarily true in the rest of the world. :)

Edited by carlos

1 hour ago, Bjern said:

The Governing Body did say that all of the 8,000,000+ Jehovah's Witnesses are welcome to participate in this campaign.

Yes indeedy. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Do you hear that sound? It is the sound of an army of 8 million courageous loyal worshippers imploring Jehovah:

"Even though we may be fearful,

You remember we are dust.

Your assurance to support us

Is a promise we can trust.

Give attention to the threats

Of those who persecute and blame.

May you help us all to continue

As we boldly speak in your name."

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODMusicVideos/pub-jwbnw_201503_137_VIDEO

5 hours ago, Victoria said:

Just sent 10 letters. 5 mine, 5 my hubby's. We could write only to 5 officials. I was harder than I anticipated! We spoiled many sheets of paper and 3 envelopes:-)

So proud of you and your husband! Big spiritual hug! :givehug:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGIntDestDetails-e.asp?table=tblCountry&txtLetter=RU

Canada Post has temporarily suspended acceptance of non-document shipments via Priority™ Worldwide destined for the Russian Federation

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

9 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGIntDestDetails-e.asp?table=tblCountry&txtLetter=RU

Canada Post has temporarily suspended acceptance of non-document shipments via Priority™ Worldwide destined for the Russian Federation

Good thing letters are documents :)

7 minutes ago, Sylv said:

Good thing letters are documents :)

"Primarily religious works
Bible, Koran, Tora, etc. (2 of each kind)
crucifixes, icons, etc. (2 of each kind).
Prohibited Items
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter by the Canada Post Corporation Act & Regulations (refer to the Canada Postal Guide under "Non-mailable Matter"), the following are prohibited:"

This was just a portion of the list of items prohibited. You can see why there was instructions not to send literature with our letters!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Something that I'm finding interesting is the people in Moscow are protesting corruption in their government. Fine, they'll do what they want to do.

But this means, then, that the officials we're contacting have to find time to bother us too. Amazing! You can really see Satan's hand in all of this.

Just a thought (or should this have been put in another thread?)

Edited by Luezette

My second version:

As I have been informed, a process is underway that could lead to the ban on the religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses in the Russian Federation.

As a result, 170 000 Jehovah's Witnesses, my brothers and sisters in Russia, would be prosecuted just for speaking about and for practicing their religious beliefs .

We are accused of being "extremist". It would seem that we are believed to pose a danger to the government, the people and the public order. Nothing could be further from the truth.

As you certainly know, as a Jehovah's Witness, we are directed primarily by Bible principle. Jesus Christ is our greatest model, and as he himself said, we are bound to subordinate ourselves to the authorities. "Pay Caesar's things back to Caesar,  and God's things to God" (Matthew 22:21)

Paul also affirmed this in the Epistles, when he wrote, "Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God"- according to Romans 13: 1.

We do not, therefore, merely respect our government, but for us, opposing the governmental authority would be equal to opposing God. However, there are also orders which we as Christians can not fulfill, for example, mandatory military service, for we are convinced that Jesus has given us an example of peaceableness and demands the same from us. Please do not forget, based of this conviction, thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses were forced into the concentration camps in the Third Reich. It is estimated that 1 000 died there.

Would not it be sad and unfair if 170,000 loyal citizens became potential criminals based of their faith?

Sincerely

Ruben XXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wie ich erfahren habe, ist ein Verfahren im Gange, dass dazu führen könnte, die Religionsgemeinschaft der Zeugen Jehovas in der Russischen Föderation zu verbieten.

In Folge dessen würden 170.000 Zeugen Jehovas, meine Brüder und Schwestern in Russland, strafrechtlich verfolgt werden, nur weil sie über ihre Religion sprechen und diese ausüben.

Hierbei wird uns der Vorwurf gemacht, wir seien „extremistisch“. Offenbar wird uns unterstellt, wir seien eine Gefahr für die Regierung, die Bevölkerung und der öffentlichen Ordnung. Nichts könnte weiter von der Wahrheit entfernt sein.

Wie Sie sicherlich wissen, richten wir als Zeugen Jehovas uns tatsächlich in erster Linie nach der Bibel. Jesus Christus ist unser größtes Vorbild, und wie er selbst sagte, sind wir angehalten, uns den Obrigkeiten unterzuordnen.

„Zahlt daher Cäsars Dinge Cäsar zurück, Gottes Dinge aber Gott“ – gemäß Matthäus 22:21

Auch Paulus bekräftigte dies in den Episteln, als er schrieb  Jede Seele sei den obrigkeitlichen Gewalten untertan, denn es gibt keine Gewalt außer durch Gott; die bestehenden Gewalten stehen in ihren relativen Stellungen als von Gott angeordnet“ – gemäß Römer 13:1.

Wir achten also nicht einfach die Regierungen, sondern für uns würde sich den Regierungen zu widersetzen bedeuten, sich Gott zu widersetzen. Allerdings gibt es auch Anordnungen, denen wir als Christen nicht nachkommen können, beispielsweise den Militärdienst, denn wir sind überzeugt, dass Jesus uns Friedfertigkeit vorgelebt hat und von uns verlangt. Vergessen Sie bitte nicht, wegen dieser Überzeugung wanderten Tausende Zeugen Jehovas im Dritten Reich ins Konzentrationslager, es wird geschätzt, dass 1.000 dort starben.

Wäre es nicht traurig und ungerecht, wenn 170.000 treue Staatsbürger wegen ihres Glaubens zu potenziellen Kriminellen würden?

Hochachtungsvoll

Ruben XXX

Edited by carlos

My second version:

As I have been informed, a process is underway that could lead to the ban on the religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses in the Russian Federation.

As a result, 170 000 Jehovah's Witnesses, my brothers and sisters in Russia, would be prosecuted just for speaking about and for practicing their religious beliefs .

We are accused of being "extremist". It would seem that we are believed to pose a danger to the government, the people and the public order. Nothing could be further from the truth.

As you certainly know, as a Jehovah's Witness, we are directed primarily by Bible principle. Jesus Christ is our greatest model, and as he himself said, we are bound to subordinate ourselves to the authorities. "Pay Caesar's things back to Caesar,  and God's things to God" (Matthew 22:21)

Paul also affirmed this in the Epistles, when he wrote, "Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God"- according to Romans 13: 1.

We do not, therefore, merely respect our government, but for us, opposing the governmental authority would be equal to opposing God. However, there are also orders which we as Christians can not fulfill, for example, mandatory military service, for we are convinced that Jesus has given us an example of peaceableness and demands the same from us. Please do not forget, based of this conviction, thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses were forced into the concentration camps in the Third Reich. It is estimated that 1 000 died there.

Would not it be sad and unfair if 170,000 loyal citizens became potential criminals based of their faith?

Sincerely

Ruben XXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wie ich erfahren habe, ist ein Verfahren im Gange, dass dazu führen könnte, die Religionsgemeinschaft der Zeugen Jehovas in der Russischen Föderation zu verbieten.

In Folge dessen würden 170.000 Zeugen Jehovas, meine Brüder und Schwestern in Russland, strafrechtlich verfolgt werden, nur weil sie über ihre Religion sprechen und diese ausüben.

Hierbei wird uns der Vorwurf gemacht, wir seien „extremistisch“. Offenbar wird uns unterstellt, wir seien eine Gefahr für die Regierung, die Bevölkerung und der öffentlichen Ordnung. Nichts könnte weiter von der Wahrheit entfernt sein.

Wie Sie sicherlich wissen, richten wir als Zeugen Jehovas uns tatsächlich in erster Linie nach der Bibel. Jesus Christus ist unser größtes Vorbild, und wie er selbst sagte, sind wir angehalten, uns den Obrigkeiten unterzuordnen.

„Zahlt daher Cäsars Dinge Cäsar zurück, Gottes Dinge aber Gott“ – gemäß Matthäus 22:21

Auch Paulus bekräftigte dies in den Episteln, als er schrieb  Jede Seele sei den obrigkeitlichen Gewalten untertan, denn es gibt keine Gewalt außer durch Gott; die bestehenden Gewalten stehen in ihren relativen Stellungen als von Gott angeordnet“ – gemäß Römer 13:1.

Wir achten also nicht einfach die Regierungen, sondern für uns würde sich den Regierungen zu widersetzen bedeuten, sich Gott zu widersetzen. Allerdings gibt es auch Anordnungen, denen wir als Christen nicht nachkommen können, beispielsweise den Militärdienst, denn wir sind überzeugt, dass Jesus uns Friedfertigkeit vorgelebt hat und von uns verlangt. Vergessen Sie bitte nicht, wegen dieser Überzeugung wanderten Tausende Zeugen Jehovas im Dritten Reich ins Konzentrationslager, es wird geschätzt, dass 1.000 dort starben.

Wäre es nicht traurig und ungerecht, wenn 170.000 treue Staatsbürger wegen ihres Glaubens zu potenziellen Kriminellen würden?

Hochachtungsvoll

Ruben XXX

Edited by carlos

Removed full name

3 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

Nothing to say, eh??

Maybe his comment was hacked by the Russians?

:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Luezette said:

Something that I'm finding interesting is the people in Moscow are protesting corruption in their government. Fine, they'll do what they want to do.

But this means, then, that the officials we're contacting have to find time to bother us too. Amazing! You can really see Satan's hand in all of this.

There could be a positive take on this too, is that since our letters ARE documents, Jehovah might be letting our letters through and nothing else. Maybe?

13 hours ago, carlos said:

Because this is a requirement of courier companies in Ghana, where BlackSnow is posting from. In other countries where phone numbers are not required by companies no updated instructions were necessary.

Don't forget that this is a multinational forum and what is true where I live is not necessarily true in the rest of the world. :)

Carlos,

Thank you for the correction. appreciated.

23 hours ago, BlackSnow said:

I can confirm that it is true. We've received updates to the addresses with phone numbers of the officials included.

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

Blacksnow,

Brother Carlos explained why you had to do so.  I did not know things regarding the post services and regulations+requirements  were different over there. I do apologize if my earlier questions to you were annoying, upsetting or unpleasant.

Well done you all for writing the letters for Russian officials.

Blacksnow,

Brother Carlos explained why you had to do so.  I did not know things regarding the post services and regulations+requirements  were different over there. I do apologize if my earlier questions to you were annoying, upsetting or unpleasant.
Well done you all for writing the letters for Russian officials.

Accepted my brother

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Luezette said:

Hopefully our appeal to their good nature and laws done in a respectful way may make them think. Many of us have explained that we are taught at our meetings to respect the government we are under. This may just be the perfect time for a letter campaign when many people they are dealing with clearly do not respect the Russian  government. This should be in stark contrast to how our letters hopefully come across.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."