JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1444 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Keeping in mind the situation in Russia, it was nice to recall this one http://wol.jw.org/ka/wol/dsync/r20/lp-ge/r1/lp-e/2015364 especially this part:

<<"When we compare all these Scriptural references about the final attack on God’s people, it becomes evident that the name Gog of Magog refers, not to Satan, but to a coalition of nations. Will this coalition be led by the figurative “king of the north”? We cannot say with any certainty. But this thought does seem to be in harmony with what Jehovah says about Gog: “You will come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly, a vast army.”Ezek. 38:6, 15.

As keen students of God’s Word, we wait with eager anticipation to see who in the near future will assume the role of “the king of the north.”>>

Of course only time will show who is "the king of the north";  We just need to wait and see how the events will develop.  

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

Frankly speaking we here in RF discuss the ban less than you do

Did not know you live in République Française - RF stands for that isn't ?

Just joking dear Victoria ..bit of humor before heavy day tomorrow :grouphug:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 minutes ago, Victoria said:

As far as I remember the trial will begin at 10:00a.m. It will be 5.p.m. here. Probably we'll know the decision only on 6th of April.

We are in the same timezone, will be late afternoon in Melbourne as well.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, Victoria said:

I don't think I can tell you something interestig. Frankly speaking we here in RF discuss the ban less than you do. A sister today showed me the video about political refuge. Somebody told we can get it in US:-)

Looks like our cong became even more active in the ministry. No panic, no fear. I think we are prepared because we had more and more restrictions and if now we'll be totally banned our life won't really change .The only thing I worry about is seizing our Bethel and kingdom halls. I hope it won't happen. Actually I hope the GT will happen soon!:-) And ALL brothers and sisters will be free!

Our speaker tell us in about february that we have nothing to do in Russia it helps me to calm a little bit and follow your attitude sis Victoria. Your so nice :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

I've been thinking about this situation & our dear friends. It makes me think of the king of Assyria and what happened to his 185,000 soldiers for taunting Jehovah. It doesn't pay to taunt Jehovah by making it hard for his people to worship him. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Moscow (CNN)The St. Petersburg metro attack was carried out by a suicide bomber originally from the central Asian Republic of Kyrgyzstan, authorities said.

The Russian Investigative Committee said the attack was carried out by Akbarjon Djalilov, 22, identified earlier by Kyrgyz authorities as a Russian national born in Kyrgyzstan.

Investigators matched Djalilov's DNA to a bomb left at a second metro station that was defused by authorities, the committee said. :confused:

I have often wondered where authorities get DNA of a person .. especially if the person does not have a criminal background..or is very young...:o

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 minute ago, SUNRAY said:

I have often wondered where authorities get DNA of a person .. especially if the person does not have a criminal background..or is very young..

Ancestry.com....:scared:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

I have often wondered where authorities get DNA of a person .. especially if the person does not have a criminal background..or is very young...:o

I would imagine his DNA was well distributed through out the subway wreckage. Easy find. Then it was compared to DNA found on the second bomb.  I believe the mention of DNA did not have anything to do with identifying the suspect, just used to establish his connection to the second bomb.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Old said:

I would imagine his DNA was well distributed through out the subway wreckage. Easy find. Then it was compared to DNA found on the second bomb.  I believe the mention of DNA did not have anything to do with identifying the suspect, just used to establish his connection to the second bomb.

Yeah,  I was trying to say this but you got here first. ..I don't think finding his DNA was difficult at all..unless it got mixed in with the rest of the soup...

4 hours ago, Old said:

Right! But how did they know his name and where he is from? ..unless he has a criminal record..:unsure:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Just to say the brother mentioned the Russian hearing in our meeting's closing prayers.  Normally it's tomorrow but there has been a bomb attack in St Petersburg so I wonder if that will cause any delays... in any case nothing will happen but which Jehovah allows.  I thank Jehovah the Slave gave us all the chance to show how much we love the Friends in Russia before the hearing.  Like our sister said, one day (soon) we will be singing praises together and FREE!

May Jehovah's will be done.

4 hours ago, shali said:

Does anyone know if we got permission for a bigger courtroom and to videotape during the trial?

18 minutes ago, shali said:

Actually tomorrow in Russia is today in most other places.

just a thought, but could you imagine the repercussions in the Worlds' media if over 200 arrests were made in the courtroom!    ...   GT time, maybe - maybe not?   ...   either way it has definitely got the worlds attention - so keep getting those Memorial invitations out there - only ONE WEEK LEFT!

...   might it be the last one?

...   judgement message coming soon?

Edited by timpin

Saint Petersburg time is 7 hours ahead of the California and 4 hours ahead of New York.

We will know the descision here in Oregon by 10:00 AM tomorrow, when it is 5:00 PM in Saint Petersburg, but probably much earlier.

Might get up to good news! :) 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Its 1:48am in UK. Russia is 2 hours  ahead of us. Counting the hours.  Just a little more and we all will know the decision of Russian court. :huh: It would be nice to hear some good news for Russian brothers. 

I'll try to be in a mode of "Hope for the best but be ready for the worst". 

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

1 hour ago, Old said:

Saint Petersburg time is 7 hours ahead of the California and 4 hours ahead of New York.

I thought St Petersburg and Moscow were in the same time zone and Moscow is 10 hours ahead of California. ..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D