JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vegan and vegetarian brothers and sisters

I had this at my favorite vegan restaurant last week. I forgot to take a picture when I got my plate so here’s a picture of it from the website. I also had 2 vegan sausages that were good :eat:

43C24781-29A2-42A0-AEF4-21C9182186C9.jpeg

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I haven’t been in here in a while. Just wanted to share some food that I’ve had since I last posted...

I took my mom out to eat who’s vegan too. Here’s a burger I had at spiral diner. It’s a cashew quinoa patty. Not sure what her meal was besides the potatoes. I forgot.

448812E1-A6BA-4853-9FAC-AA812DF55CCB.jpeg

D01CEF7B-0775-44FD-AA09-6087031DF94F.jpeg

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Went to spiral diner and tried their nachos. They gave me a mountain of nachos 😮 They were good. Here’s a description from the menu on their website:

Made with our original recipe cashew-based nacho cheese and topped with quinoa, black beans, black olives, cilantro, corn, tomatoes, green onions, sour cream, guacamole and pickled jalapenos.

5929236A-EEDD-4CED-BFCF-71AE3D435A3B.jpeg

779DCA49-1CF5-49E3-ADB8-0482FF2FF6E8.jpeg

5 hours ago, M'Awan said:

I hope the nachos are baked and not fried. They can also be air fried.

Looks super yummy. 

I doubt they were fried. They seemed baked. Even if they were fried I would still eat them. I eat fried foods. Just not that often.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 3:44 PM, Brother Jack said:

I forgot to post this pizza I got from Braze, the pizza chain owned by LeBron James. It was decent.

4971A192-4E2A-4138-ABF8-4B89668B9D0F.jpeg

Correction: the pizza place is called blaze.

On 2/7/2020 at 3:44 PM, Brother Jack said:

I forgot to post this pizza I got from Braze, the pizza chain owned by LeBron James. It was decent.

We have a Blaze Pizza in Murfreesboro, Tn. next town from me, I'll have to go try it!

Correction: the pizza place is called blaze.

2020-02-11_20h27_19.png

Actually, James is an investor in the company, one of the original investors, but, the does not "own" Blaze ... there are other investors.

Blaze Pizza LLC is a Pasadena, California-based chain within the fast-casual dining restaurants category. Founded in 2011 by Elise and Rick Wetzel of Wetzel's Pretzels, Blaze Pizza was modeled after the Chipotle concept as a made-to-order approach to serving customers. NBA player LeBron James is one of the original investors in the chain.

James first invested in Blaze Pizza back in 2012, just one year after Rick and Elise Wetzel dreamed up the idea for the make-your-own pizza concept. The move immediately gave Blaze a sense of star power that has been fueling its development efforts ever since.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Everything is vegetarian on this planet ..it's just a matter of definition LOL

Cows eat grass ...I eat cows ...so the the grass tastes better ...:lol1:

Off topic: An interesting article https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/animal-health-literacy/how-cows-eat-grass

cartoon-cow-sit-eating-grass_157186-271.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Actually, James is an investor in the company, one of the original investors, but, the does not "own" Blaze ... there are other investors.

What is the source of your quote?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Not only is this information in Wikipedia, a Google search will turn up several results mentioning that he "invested" 1 million in Blaze and his investment is now worth 25-35 million.

Additionally, I know the manager of the local Blaze ... she has been with the company since their first year.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 2/11/2020 at 10:08 PM, Qapla said:

Oh, I didn’t know. I was just going off of what a sister who had been there before told me..

https://www.today.com/food/what-pinsa-meet-trendy-pizza-cloud-crust-t174382

Anyone tried Pinsa?

“People keep saying, ‘It’s not pizza, it’s pinsa.’ I completely disagree," Schall said. "It’s pizza. It’s dough topped with tomatoes and cheese and toppings and cooked in an oven."

2020-02-21_09h19_43.png

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been making any vegan dishes since so many of us are on lockdown?

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

Has anyone been making any vegan dishes since so many of us are on lockdown?

No, or at least I do't thik so.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 8:01 AM, Naturale said:

It isn't simply about a cold choice, it is about how someone feels.  

I wonder if you can help me.  I have a hard time digesting food. The minute I put the first spoon of food in my mouth I get bloated and full.  I don't have a gall-bladder so I can't digest fat that easily.  I'm rarely eat meat but, more rice, grains, vegetables and fruits.  Help.

16 hours ago, cme said:

digesting food. The minute I put the first spoon of food in my mouth I get bloated and full.

Have you ever tried an elimination diet?  Basically you scale back to only eating a few types of foods. Then after a period of time you add foods back in one by one and see how you react. Google elimination diet and there are various versions 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

18 hours ago, cme said:

I wonder if you can help me.  I have a hard time digesting food. The minute I put the first spoon of food in my mouth I get bloated and full.  I don't have a gall-bladder so I can't digest fat that easily.  I'm rarely eat meat but, more rice, grains, vegetables and fruits.  Help.

I've discussed this in some of the Keto threads, but I have many digestion and gall bladder issues. My mother had her gall bladder removed and I've suffered from most of her diet related issues all my life. Many people with similar issues actually tend to find the most immediate relief by going to a carnivore or elimination style diets, at least temporarily, and try to build up your body's ability to metabolize fat. When you don't eat fat regularly over a long period of time, the bile in your gall bladder crystalizes, which is also important for triggering enzyme production. Then when it goes to release it, it physically damages itself. Personally speaking, grains, cruciferous vegetables and fruits with a lot of fructose are actually some of the worst things for bloating. They are fermenting in your stomach due to poor acid, bile, and/or enzymes, which you may need to supplement indefinitely. I normally follow an auto-immune paleo protocol, low fodmap, cyclical ketogenic diet. There are many foods that I can no longer eat and haven't been able to reintroduce successfully. At least I can now eat far more vegetables than I used to without getting so sick, usually over 1lb of sprouts, broccoli, cucumbers, or salad per day. These videos can explain it much better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej34dixwqjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4qioAzsmxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMjC4WNEJjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_rtUiERYsY

• 4 weeks later...

Moroccan Lentils

Soak lentils 12-48hrs  (change the water in-between) 

Cook Lentils for 1.30hrs ...add Carrots and Potatoes if preferred but add Fresh Coriander too 

Fry Onion, Garlic, (Chilli Optional) in Olive Oil... 10mins stirring occasionally 

...then add Tomato Passata... or just blend 4 Tomato’s - as a substitute

Add [tea spoon of...]

Tumric

Paprika 

Salt

Cumin

Garam masala

[Simmer 20-25 mins ...stir occasionally - adding water as needed] Finally add lentils.

Enjoy!