JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I think God is preparing the nations to strike religion through Covid..by growing enough hate in people’s hearts.

At least in Korea, some churches and sects don’t follow the government instructions, thus becoming a hotbed of Covid-19. 

More and more people are hating religion.. especially christendom.

5 minutes ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

I think God is preparing the nations to strike religion through Covid..by growing enough hate in people’s hearts.

At least in Korea, some churches and sects don’t follow the government instructions, thus becoming a hotbed of Covid-19. 

Interesting read that popped up in Google Alerts today https://m.ncregister.com/daily-news/do-coronavirus-closings-violate-religious-liberty-a-religious-freedom-exper

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

This will dwarfed the coronavirus cluster that emerged from the Shincheonji Church of Jesus  in the city of Daegu.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3075654/how-malaysias-sri-petaling-mosque-became-coronavirus

Coronavirus: how Malaysia’s Sri Petaling mosque became a Covid-19 hotspot. (15,000 persons in attendance)

18 March 2020

Out of Malaysia’s 673 confirmed coronavirus cases, nearly two-thirds are linked to the four-day meeting

The packed gathering, where guests had to take shuttle buses to sleep at other venues, was attended by nationals from dozens of countries, including Canada, Nigeria, India and Australia, according to an attendee list posted on social media.

There were also citizens of China and South Korea – two countries with high rates of coronavirus infections.

Social media posts show hundreds of worshippers praying shoulder to shoulder inside the mosque, while some guests posted selfies as they shared food

Only half of the Malaysian participants who attended have come forward for testing, the health minister has said, raising fears that the outbreak from the mosque could be more far-reaching.

Some attendees defended the event, saying that at the time the situation in Malaysia – which had announced 25 known cases by February 28 – was not severe.

Khuzaifah Kamazlan, a 34-year-old religious teacher based in Kuala Lumpur who attended the event said some of the worshippers who attended the event have since refused to be tested for coronavirus, preferring to rely on God to protect them.

“We are a bit disappointed that this outbreak has been blamed entirely on us. That view is unfair. There was no ban on our gathering,” said Karim, who gave only his first name.

“Now I am concerned because I am positive. Please pray for me.”

Note : Today, the Government enforced a partial lockdown until the end of the month. Interstate travel is banned except for those with permission from the police. Hundreds jammed the bus terminals to travel back to their home states. Others joined long queues at the police stations to get travel permit. 

Edited by M'Awan

https://www.onlymyhealth.com/wuhan-virus-is-not-heat-resistant-will-be-killed-at-a-temperature-of-30-35-degrees-says-dr-karkhanis-1584089051

Wuhan Virus Is Not Heat-Resistant, Will Be Killed At A Temperature Of 30-35 Degrees, Says Dr Karkhanis

Dr Sunil Karkhanis, Lung Surgeon,  ex KEM Hospital, Mumbai says, "As we all need to know, this time the Wuhan virus is not heat-resistant. This particular virus can be killed at a temperature of 30-35 degrees." Currently on the ground doing a comparative study of the Wuhan pneumonia virus in Shenzhen Hospital, China.

As per Dr Karkhanis, one should drink more hot water to be safe from the virus. Also, it is advisable to take as much as sunlight possible only for prevention point of view. Drinking warm water is advisable as it is effective in warding off almost every virus known.

Dr Karkhanis explains that this virus is 400-500mm diameter in size and not just N95 but any mask can help keep the particles away. If you are in contact with a coronavirus patient, it leaps 3 meters after which it no more remains airborne. The droplets have a different life-size on various surfaces:

This virus has a long shelf life on metal surfaces as it can live on them for good 12 hours. Hence, constant sanitisation of metal surfaces is essential and do not depend on only sanitisers

The virus can survive on fabrics for 6-12 hours, and a normal detergent is enough to kill this virus. Heavy clothing can be exposed to sunlight for about 4 hours for the virus to get killed

Coronavirus-Caused Pneumonia Symptoms

Pneumonia caused due to coronavirus as symptoms slightly different from regular pneumonia. Dr Karkhanis says, "This virus will first show its symptoms on the throat, leading to a dry throat. This symptom can remain as it is for at least 3-4 days. It then moves on to get mixed with the nasal fluid, entering the lungs. This is a major cause of the onset of pneumonia in coronavirus. But, this whole procedure takes 5-6 days for the initial symptoms to appear. The congestion, in this case, is different what you feel in common pneumonia. In this, the feeling is like drowning in water. One needs to seek medical intervention in such cases to avoid complications."

1 hour ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

I think Covid could break the world nations financially that they have no choice but to react.

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

O this is bad. Seriously bad humor. 😁 ☺️

May be a little off topic but still fits. 

43E271E7-2FDA-44B6-B6A1-01DC23871FAE.jpeg

Very bad.:) It shoud be in the back yard to say the least.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people have been banned by the Federal Government as the country responds to the coronavirus pandemic.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison also warned Australians not to leave the country as the disease spreads, saying: "We haven't seen this sort of thing in Australia since the end of the First World War."
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-18/federal-government-cabinet-coronavirus-gatherings-aged-care/12065822?pfmredir=sm

I think finally, it seems Australia is doing something more consistent to what the rest of the world is doing. 

4 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people have been banned by the Federal Government as the country responds to the coronavirus pandemic.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison also warned Australians not to leave the country as the disease spreads, saying: "We haven't seen this sort of thing in Australia since the end of the First World War."
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-18/federal-government-cabinet-coronavirus-gatherings-aged-care/12065822?pfmredir=sm

I think finally, it seems Australia is doing something more consistent to what the rest of the world is doing. 

Some areas in our country is being consistent too. At times politics does play a row.

The economic impact on Babylon the Great is intensifying...no plates passed no money in the coffers of the money lovers...

Remember the three Ss: sudden, shocking, and swift will be her demise!

IMHO, We are in the home stretch!
Stay Awake, Stand Firm, Grow Mighty!

7 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

The economic impact on Babylon the Great is intensifying...no plates passed no money in the coffers of the money lovers...emoji6.png

I hope you are right.

4 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

The economic impact on Babylon the Great is intensifying...no plates passed no money in the coffers of the money lovers...emoji6.png

This is odd, I mention this to a brother yesterday. What got us through the GT ? It was Jehovah. Yes, Rutherford add a touch to it, with his strong personality and the brothers pick up on this into the 80's.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-51942217/coronavirus-violinists-play-titanic-hymn-in-front-of-empty-toilet-paper-aisle

Coronavirus: Violinists play Titanic hymn in front of empty toilet paper aisle

Two violinists dressed in lifejackets have put on a widely shared performance in a US supermarket, amid panic-buying over the coronavirus.

Bonnie Von Duyke and Emer Kinsella performed the 19th Century hymn Nearer My God to Thee, known to many for its use in the film Titanic, in a toilet paper aisle. Video of the performance was posted online.

They tell the BBC they hope it may help people cope, and bring some light-hearted relief.

2020-03-18_07h50_35.png

Again in Australia ....

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-live-updates-australia-world-covid-19-travel-health-news/63e337cd-6995-416b-a7b4-5bd335f696fd

NSW shopper 'trolley-rammed women, punched supermarket staff'

By AAP22:25

A shopper became so enraged when a NSW supermarket ran out of flour he allegedly rammed two elderly women with a trolley before punching a female store attendant in the face.

The 63-year-old man, was arrested on Wednesday evening and taken to Lismore Police Station following the alleged incident on Tuesday.

He was charged with affray, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and common assault.

With most big chain stores offering a "senior only hour" where seniors only are allowed to shop before non seniors, supposedly allowing those over 60 to get in/out with the things they need before all of the hoarders buy up everything, I went to the local Dollar Store ( about 1 mile away)  I was the first one on the lot with 15 minutes until opening time, wow I beat everybody, as I sat there the lot slowly started to fill up, with seniors, except non seniors started showing up also. I already started to loose faith that they were going to enforce the senior only issue, well as the store employee showed up he said he didn't know anything about it, I knew then it wasn't  going to take place, too good to be true. As the door opened we all rushed in only to  realize there was no toilet paper, no eggs, very little milk ( which I didn't need) I left without buying anything as did the other seniors, I drove down to the local supermarket same thing, empty. I did buy a few things to put in the freezer and a few can goods, when I got  to the cashier she said there was a limit on what I had "2 only" she said, now I felt like a hoarder myself I was 2 over on 2 items! 

2020-03-18_09h11_51.png

17 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

All our meetings are cancelled now at the hall, and we are holding meetings through groups on "Zoom" (a video call app similar to skype).

Most of our congregation are in the high risk group. Were not supposed to visit. No idea how they will get new apps installed when most have no clue about tech. Headache. 🤔

Right now because of the coronavirus and the economic portion that is going downhill United States Congress is trying to pass a bill to give each person $1,000. Now I don't want any likes or any kind of emojis on this but all give a think of donating your check to the worldwide work or whichever because I think this is the last hurrah would give a big boost to the Earthly organization

3 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

This is odd, I mention this to a brother yesterday. What got us through the GT ? It was Jehovah. Yes, Rutherford add a touch to it, with his strong personality and the brothers pick up on this into the 80's.

I made a mistake. Not the GT, but Great Depression! Sorry.

Thanks for correcting that. For a moment I thought “ Do I need to ask Someone what year it is?”

35 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

Right now because of the coronavirus and the economic portion that is going downhill United States Congress is trying to pass a bill to give each person $1,000. Now I don't want any likes or any kind of emojis on this but all give a think of donating your check to the worldwide work or whichever because I think this is the last hurrah would give a big boost to the Earthly organization

I had a similar thought.

Well, I'm already giving  a donation and receiving money through my ss benefits and a pension, why would or should the government give me or anyone else that is still working and receiving a paycheck any extra money? This just seems to me a Trump plan to make him "look great again" like all politicians do, I've always said that maybe staying home from assemblies and viewing ( streaming) at the KH's or from home we could all afford to give the money saved to the " Earthly organization".Now, when I travel to a regional, which we have to do ( 100 miles away) I spend on the average $500 which includes hotel and meals, I'm not donating that kind of money at the regional, but if I stayed home could donate most if not all of that! This may be happening in the near future as things are changing fast.We are already getting  a taste of what it's like not to have meetings, but we can still stream and use things like "Zoom" that Bro Matthew above mentioned. Just my thought. Thoughts and emojis welcomed.

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

Most of our congregation are in the high risk group. Were not supposed to visit. No idea how they will get new apps installed when most have no clue about tech. Headache. 🤔

Our group overseer said we would receive  in an email the KHconf app information, and that he could guide me over the phone what to do.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif