JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #1

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1150 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wow! What a faith strengthening update! 
Thank you for posting. 
It was so nice to hear the positive side to this awful pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, Bosko said:

Only what I can say is wow ...

Put the angels to work ....

Yes I thought the same. We’re certainly keeping them very busy right now. ☺️

Just now, Luigi62 said:

The one Sister who rang the Radio Station. What a Great witness for all those listening in.

I know, how amazing was that! I think I would have frozen! 
Those were just a snippet, I wonder how many more experiences there are over this last year. 
It would be great to have them published in a magazine. I know I would be very encouraged. ☺️

10 minutes ago, Jothob said:

I know, how amazing was that! I think I would have frozen! 
Those were just a snippet, I wonder how many more experiences there are over this last year. 
It would be great to have them published in a magazine. I know I would be very encouraged. ☺️

I would of freezed as well.

May other Experiences will be shared at the 2021 Regional Convention and in part 3 of the Annual Meeting

10 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

The one Sister who rang the Radio Station. What a Great witness for all those listening in.

Yes! That was my favorite experience 😊

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

When the pandemic broke, and our public ministry was suspended, our ministry in UK was severely limited.  Many of the brothers and sisters were concerned that little ministry could be done.  We used the scripture from Rev 14:6, showing what we couldn't do, the angels still could, and that encouraged the brothers very much.

The limitations to our letter writing has been lifted now, but we still have to rely on the angels.  We don't know who we are writing to.  In the public ministry, you can adapt to the person.  Not so with letters, so you are relying on the angels that your letters will appeal to the right ones.

Wonderful update. I love how Brother Splane uses unique expressions that encourage and make you think. “Put the angels to work” is something I’ve never heard before and I love it. Really makes you think how close we work with the angels without even realizing it. How we collaborate with them and how they’re our partners in the preaching work. Let’s put them to work so they can put us to work. 

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

When the other brother started to talk about the magazines I was hoping for an update to where the public mags are. Maybe we will get that update in a few days in Part 3 of the Annual meeting

I hoped the blurred covers on the wall depicted new magazines but I couldn’t see clearly enough 😃

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

2 hours ago, Michał said:

I hoped the blurred covers on the wall depicted new magazines but I couldn’t see clearly enough 😃

Row 3 is all the Public Watchtowers since 2018, the last one in the row is the No1. 2021

Row 4 is all the Awakes since 2018, the last one is the No.3 2020.  So No1. 2021 isn't there.

Rows 1 and 2 I think are Study Watchtowers, Row 1 2020, Row 2 is 2021

Edited by On the huh

10 hours ago, MM9106 said:

Wonderful update. I love how Brother Splane uses unique expressions that encourage and make you think. “Put the angels to work” is something I’ve never heard before and I love it. Really makes you think how close we work with the angels without even realizing it. How we collaborate with them and how they’re our partners in the preaching work. Let’s put them to work so they can put us to work. 

GB makes us feel important for Jehovah. By assigning us to work with angels, Jehovah make us feel special, with no place for depression or feeling not-worth it. Loved it ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, On the huh said:

Row 3 is all the Public Watchtowers since 2018, the last one in the row is the No1. 2021

Row 4 is all the Awakes since 2018, the last one is the No.3 2020.  So No1. 2021 isn't there.

I ve seen the same. Agree thanks!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

14 hours ago, Michał said:

The only mags that were on the wall are the one that are on jw.org at the time this video was posted to jw.org.

18 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Were they just out of focus?

17 hours ago, On the huh said:

5 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

The only mags that were on the wall are the one that are on jw.org at the time this video was posted to jw.org.

Ok, next time I’m watching GB update with my glasses on 😆😂🥲

and thank you 🙏🏽

🙏 Thank you! 🙏