JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

21 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

India has had a rough past as a colonised country when it was part of the British Empire. It’s still a democratic country, but holds bad feelings about the West as a superior power. It feels it deserves its place in the sun, being a nuclear power and with the potential a big population brings. It may sympathise more with Putin’s view that the West has had their day and now it’s time for others to dominate. They are on the ascent in their view. 

When the Queen died, it was a very muted affair in India. They had also just celebrated 75 years of independence, so nations pride is a factor as well. 

Throughout the centuries of the history of Jehovah's people, constellations and alliances similar to those of today have occurred. Some nations had contacts with the North and then with the South King. Behind this there are always purely material interests. So it is with India. Whether India is a "friend" of Russia, I doubt. 

Pope Francis addresses Putin for the first time in public:

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-pope-francis-vatican-city-8820605435595a8e316fe92c0626fca1

95A1E7D7-ABB3-4F78-989F-93345743AC18.jpeg

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

20 minutes ago, Doak said:

Sister @Sofia, I want to thank you for always submitting these articles and updates, whether on this topic or the topic about "International Peace & Security News". I really appreciate the fact that you always keep friends informed.

You are sweet

thank you 😊

I thank you all here at fórum that do the very same 

keeping on the watch and sharing true information 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Isso significa que o governo ucraniano não fará negociações de paz com a Rússia enquanto Putin estiver no poder 

agora é uma lei.

593BE010-659D-4866-A0AE-A31A5BA1BD8B.png

Impossível traduzir minha querida irmã , se tiver um link você me manda ? 🤗

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

Impossível traduzir minha querida irmã , se tiver um link você me manda ? 🤗

Querido irmão 

Aqui tem: https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/oct/04/russia-ukraine-war-live-updates-ukrainians-break-through-russian-defences-in-south-advance-rapidly-in-east#top-of-blog

Edited by Sofia

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Seems like an odd thing to put into law.  I suppose they could always pass another law revoking this one if they change their mind 

You know @Shawnster when I read this the first thing that came to my mind is that Ukraine´s government is imitating russian government: putting in written in an aproved law to legitimate or gives more power to the statement. I mean: "this is not just a tweet, folks, this is a law, we really mean this".

And yes, of course another law can revoke it.

Edited by Sofia

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

If any of you had read this article, I think its meaningful.

As we know KOTN would be in control of the hidden treasures of Egypt (representing adversary nation(s))

The author seems to be an expert in Russian warfare issues and shows his fears of future attacks to hidden cables from allies ( submarine cables may include - fiber fast internet; communications, energy - electricity, not just gas pipes).

Is it possible an attack to these structures, "paralyzing" internet, energy, communications? 

This man believes so. and frankly so do I. In whole countries... entire continents? I dont know.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

If any of you had read this article, I think its meaningful

Sorry couldn't get past the pay wall but your summary is concise. 

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

As we know KOTN would be in control of the hidden treasures of Egypt

He already is though. The Daniel Book pointed out this referred not to actually invading the KOTS but

Daniel Book via Study Bible 

He has indeed had a powerful influence on the way that the king of the south has used his financial resources. Because of fear of his rival, the king of the south has devoted huge sums to maintaining a formidable army, navy, and air force. To this extent, the king of the north ‘ruled over,’ or controlled, the disposition of the wealth of the king of the south.

This can be seen both in increasing military build up in the Pacific to counter China but more visibly in the vast supply of weaponry and support being given to Ukraine. 

Now I can't say there won't be more open moves by the KOTN into his rivals territory, after all I posted that there wouldn't be a Ukraine war so my prophecy powers are garbage, but the Societies interpretation of Jehovah's prophecy continues to fit the facts.

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

You know @Shawnster when I read this the first thing that came to my mind is that Ukraine´s government is imitating russian government: putting in written in an aproved law to legitimate or gives more power to the statement. I mean: "this is not just a tweet, folks, this is a law, we really mean this".

And yes, of course another law can revoke it.

Im not 100% convinced it's a law. I mean, I suppose a decree can be called a law, but this looks more like a statement. Laws are different than statements. 

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Im not 100% convinced it's a law. I mean, I suppose a decree can be called a law, but this looks more like a statement. Laws are different than statements. 

You have right @Shawnster, a decree is not a law. In a presidential democracy, such as the one in Ukraine, a president can issue such a decree. He does it out of a certain momentum that exists at the moment to solve this situation. He can withdraw this decree at any time if he thinks it is necessary.

President Vladimir Putin has completed the formal annexation of more than 15 per cent of Ukraine as Russian forces battle to halt a Ukrainian counter-offensive across swathes of the territories.

In the biggest expansion of Russian territory in at least half a century, Putin signed laws admitting the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR), the Luhansk People's Republic (LNR), Kherson region and Zaporizhzhia region into Russia.https://thewest.com.au/news/conflict/putin-formally-annexes-parts-of-ukraine-c-8455937

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Putin signed laws admitting the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR), the Luhansk People's Republic (LNR), Kherson region and Zaporizhzhia region into Russia

He can sign as many laws as he wants. If the rest of the world does not recognize Russia's claim to those regions, such laws are pointless.  However, he can use such laws to justify military action against any nation that invades those regions. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ukraine-ap-russia-moscow-united-states-b2197256.html

Russia seeks secret UN vote on condemning Ukraine annexation

Russia is calling for a secret ballot vote next week on a Western-backed resolution that would condemn its proclaimed annexation of part of four Ukrainian regions.

While the UN Security Council has failed to condemn the Russian Federation´a invasion and annexation of Ukraine´s territory due to it´s veto power, the same resolution passes to UNGA´vote next Monday. UNGA has all 193 nations. Though not biding, the result of the vote for this resolution will show who backs Putin on his invasion.

Putin expects that a secret vote ballot will reveal more support from nations worldwide.

Meanwhile, at UNGA, the Russian federation NOW has to explain to all 192 nations the reason for the VETO. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quoting: 

"Russia demands secret ballot in UN vote on annexation

Russia has demanded a secret ballot during next week’s United Nations vote on a Western-backed resolution that would condemn its “attempted illegal annexation” of part of four Ukrainian regions and call on Moscow immediately reverse its actions.

The UN General Assembly has announced that its emergency special session on Ukraine will resume on Monday afternoon, when the draft resolution will be presented, with the vote expected on Wednesday.

While votes are traditionally public, Russia's ambassador Vassily Nebenzia said in a six-page letter to all of his other UN counterparts, obtained by the Associated Press, that the UN legal counsel has confirmed that a secret ballot can be used by the General Assembly “in decision-making”.

The resolution, sponsored by the US and Albania, demands that Russia “immediately, completely and unconditionally withdraw all of its military forces from the territory of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders ... to enable peaceful resolution of the conflict through political dialogue, negotiations, mediation and other peaceful means”.

Edited by Sofia

It seems like Putin is being backed into a corner. And good old patriarch Karill is at it again backing up Putin just as the Catholic Church did during WW2.

Crazy Babylon the Great.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/10/7/putin-turns-70-with-a-prayer-for-his-health-amid-war-crisis

Concerning the fulfilment of Daniel 11:44 I thought the Revelation Book gave a good point in chapter 34 paragraph 14 said “ Since Bible prophecies are often completely understood only after they are fulfilled or in the course of fulfilment, we will have to wait and see“.

It will interesting to see what the GB says regarding Daniel 11:44 considering now previous understandings of the King of the North in the Daniels prophecy book copyright 1994 says, KOTN will to go out in a great rage because of the reports out of the north and east, bringing a end to religion and then devoting many of Gods servants to destruction and being part of the coalition of nations. 

I still do wonder whether Putin goes out in a great rage because he is losing the war and risk losing his position. Just imagine if all the territories that have been annexed being reclaimed by the advancing Ukraine KOTS backed army. If this happens I can only imagine Putin will be enraged and his last resort is to deploy nuclear weapons therefore devoting many to destruction. Again will have to wait and see. But is seems like the most logical conclusion considering he is losing the war… and if he loses the war I don’t think he will be in power for much longer…

2 hours ago, Godskingdomrules said:

and if he loses the war I don’t think he will be in power for much longer

… will come to his end with no helper.

Bridge connecting Russia and Crimea collapses after explosion and fire  
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-08/fuel-tank-ablaze-at-bridge-in-crimea-russian-news-agency-says/101515576

“A Ukrainian presidential advisor posted a message on Twitter, calling the explosion "the beginning" but not directly claiming Ukrainian responsibility.

"Everything illegal must be destroyed, everything stolen must be returned to Ukraine, everything occupied by Russia must be expelled," Mykhailo Podolyak wrote.”

We must be getting close to something big, hey?

Here's my theory about Daniel 11:44, 45

44 “But reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him, and he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. 45 And he will plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration; and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him."

1. What if, the 'reports out of the east and out of the north' were really came, not from God's people, but from the reports that KOTN have heard about losses of its annexation?

1910481511_North-EastReport.thumb.jpg.fca9616ebf96bc6dc69658429da0c296.jpg

North-East.thumb.jpg.ed8e70af5a35aaec0de561ecbd8d3769.jpg

and

2. What if the words of Daniel about KOTN, 'he will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction', refers to the Nuclear destruction that the KOTN will do because of his 'great rage' caused by the 'reports'? Or maybe, it refers to the 'mass grave' and deaths of people that is affected by the war of Russia and Ukraine?

3. What about this one, 'He will plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration.'

What if the royal tent refers to attempt annexation of Ukraine's territory? 

Since 'the grand sea' refers to the 'people of this world', maybe it is possible that the 'grand sea' here refers to the 'people of the Ukraine', especially since they consider it their home as well. A home that give them security and protection.

Now, if we read the Insight Book, the 'tent' refers to individual place of rest and protection. Since we have seen that Ukraine's territory now has no protection, the attempt annexation of Russia would possibly refers to 'planting his royal tents.' 

What about the 'holy mountain of Decoration'?

Perhaps, as KOTN, that time still conquering lands, it will also affect our spiritual land as well.

But at that time, we are sure, we will see that 'he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.'

And if we connect all of this to the Daniel 12:1 and 1 Thessalonians 5:3, it is more reasonable to think that before the Great Tribulation, maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe, there will be a time of 'peace' (false peace) where both KOTN and KOTS will have an agreement to 'end' the war in Ukraine because of what KOTN has done to it.

Remember the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic bombing? It ends the WWII. Isn't it?

So, if Russia drop it, it will 'possibly' also end the war because KOTS will far to use its nuclear against Russia. KOTS know its possible effect to the world. After that, both will declared 'peace' that will affects the mind of this world. A false peace and false hope.

____

The question now is, why I feel that KOTN will use it nukes against 'the lands'?

Because, Jesus says that the 'great tribulation has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.' So, it is reasonable to think that there will be a 'big event' that will cause for the world to suffer so much. Does it fit to the 'nuclear destruction' but not to 'nuclear war'? Maybe.

____

Hmmmm, here's the summary of my theory:

1. Reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him (Refers to the reports that KOTN will hear about Ukrainian forces recapturing the lands that KOTN annexed)

2.  He will go out in a great rage to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. (possibly refers to nuclear destruction; or maybe mass graves)

3. He will plant his royal tents (annexation of territories) between the grand sea (people of Ukraine) and the holy mountain of Decoration (refers to the effects of war on our spiritual land)

4. He will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him. (Well, we are now seeing KOTN being isolated but we will see the full fulfilment of this prophecy after he devote many to destruction)

____

Well, that's just my theory, let's just wait for Jehovah until he revealed it to us. :uhhuh:

29 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

Hmmmm, here's the summary of my theory:

What does any of this have to do with God's people? Don't prophecies usually involve some connection to Jehovah's Earthly organization? For example:

KOTN and KOTS are North and South because that was the first positions in relation to the location of Israel.  Further, we revised our understanding and removed some of the nation's we once thought were part of the KOTN and KOTS because we realized they had absolutely no influence on Jehovah's people. 

Im not seeing the wisdom or maturity in trying to speculate that our current understanding is wrong or that this war just has to be related to Daniel's prophecy.  This might end up being like pushing a square peg in to a round hole.