JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1391 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wow, the russians hiding banned literature, and making illegal searches, now caught on cam, may be backfiring.  And yes, Jehovah has a plan ... how incredibly privileged we are to be part of it. Thanks for that - there will be more news to come I'm figuring.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

46 minutes ago, Chijwas said:

Non-witnesses will see in the US the USPS Office probably bragging of a spike in stamp income. We have 1+ million witnesses here. A stamp to Russia from the east cost is 1.15. So one letter will mean +1.15 million in stamp sales. Imagine six letters. It will might but a strain on the USP offices (maybe not, they deal with holiday post cards and gifts), but Russia will get more from other countries. With Jah's blessing and will it will be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My letters are ready to go. I will encourage my not-a-Witness husb to start letter writing. 

We sent ours out. We had 36 total. Our family of 4 did 1 to each official. Then we did the same from our 2 businesses. Shout of praise to Jehovah. The postal gal must have been ready because when I asked for the international stamps she had them at the top of her desk.

Screenshot_2017-03-23-20-41-10_resized.png

Edited by Sandyds61

Added image

Lol. !! Was just looking somewhere probably youtube, i think the biggest letter campaign that holds the record is something like 3.4 million for Amnesty International - could be wrong though. But if that made the world sit up and look, this is most certainly going to make our God's name shine. 

Ps 83:18 - That ALL may know your name is Jehovah.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

Lol. !! Was just looking somewhere probably youtube, i think the biggest letter campaign that holds the record is something like 3.4 million for Amnesty International - could be wrong though. But if that made the world sit up and look, this is most certainly going to make our God's name shine. 

Ps 83:18 - That ALL may know your name is Jehovah.

I remember writing letters to Burundi and it made a huge difference in the work there. The FDS does not ask us to do something like

this very often, unless they think it will really make a difference.  Russia will be glad IF ALL they receive is 3.4 million letters, they will not get off that fortunate!!!! 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Just now, shali said:

I remember writing letters to Burundi and it made a huge difference in the work there. The FDS does not ask us to do something like

this very often, unless they think it will really make a difference.  Russia will be glad IF ALL they receive is 3.4 million letters, they will not get off that fortunate!!!! 

Heh .. just going on how many i'm seeing on facebook, instagram writing more than six letters per person ... if everyone writes, and I think the majority will, and then you add bible studies and children who feel inclined to write  and maybe others. You are looking at a good 10 million or more just to Mr. Putin alone ... add another 30-40 million to the other officials. I think the society put up names too for Georgia and of course Malawi and burundi as you mentioned, but never before have they requested ALL witnesses to participate. I'm sooo excited to see Jehovah working for our brothers and sisters in Russia.

Not quite , Pharoah's armies are not in pursuit yet ... we gotta go through the Peace and security phase and BBTG getting wiped out first, but we are certainly on our way to the Red Sea I reckon.

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

Not quite , Pharoah's armies are not in pursuit yet ... we gotta go through the Peace and security phase and BBTG getting wiped out first, but we are certainly on our way to the Red Sea I reckon.

I bet the Russian brother and Sisters don't feel like that right now.

4 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Heh .. just going on how many i'm seeing on facebook, instagram writing more than six letters per person ... if everyone writes, and I think the majority will, and then you add bible studies and children who feel inclined to write  and maybe others. You are looking at a good 10 million or more just to Mr. Putin alone ... add another 30-40 million to the other officials. I think the society put up names too for Georgia and of course Malawi and burundi as you mentioned, but never before have they requested ALL witnesses to participate. I'm sooo excited to see Jehovah working for our brothers and sisters in Russia.

I love that so many are writing multiple letters, myself I could only do the one.  I was thinking maybe to write a couple more tomorrow, but haven't yet decided.  I kept dwelling on proverbs 25:15, I also went to wikipedia and looked up the man I wrote to.  He attended law school and did political science in university.  I hoped to appeal to his sense of justice and that of right and wrong.  Many don't study law unless they want to help others with it.  I think each of us starts out altruistic but through life and experience we become jaded. 

Just now, shali said:

I bet the Russian brother and Sisters don't feel like that right now.

True enough ...and who knows the results of this may put us all in a similar situation - will have to wait and see.

Just now, cerebral ecstasy said:

I love that so many are writing multiple letters, myself I could only do the one.  I was thinking maybe to write a couple more tomorrow, but haven't yet decided.  I kept dwelling on proverbs 25:15, I also went to wikipedia and looked up the man I wrote to.  He attended law school and did political science in university.  I hoped to appeal to his sense of justice and that of right and wrong.  Many don't study law unless they want to help others with it.  I think each of us starts out altruistic but through life and experience we become jaded. 

You can write the same letter to every official and they would not know!!!¡

Just an fyi....

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet...

But there has been a slight adjustment in how the letters are to be addressed..to speed up delivery.  If you go to the pdf file, instructions, the words RUSSIAN FEDERATION is now at the bottom of the envelope all in caps...

Edited by patkatt1

Typo

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I peronsally think that we should not worry about whether our letters get there on time, if an energy drink can give us wings, imagine how much quicker our letters can fly with Jehovah's spirit behind them.  

I mentioned to a sister at our meeting that maybe Jehovah will carry the bags of letters on his Chariot!! That would be fast, fast, fast indeed!!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif