JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vintage photos of Governing Body Members and other things..

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1093 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

23 minutes ago, Dages said:

I'd love to find so written talk from Rutherford when he was quite spicy against the Church. :D

Do you remember that recording when they were having a convention and some fanatics came in and began causing trouble throwing objects and shouting "Heil Hitler!"? Rutherford raised his powerful voice and claimed something like "the Nazis and Catholics are trying to stop our convention but by God's grace they cannot." Then the attendants used their "sturdy canes" to invite the troublemakers out. :lol: I love that recording! (I think it's found in the second Faith in Action DVD, the audio is original).

6 hours ago, carlos said:

Do you remember that recording when they were having a convention and some fanatics came in and began causing trouble throwing objects and shouting "Heil Hitler!"? Rutherford raised his powerful voice and claimed something like "the Nazis and Catholics are trying to stop our convention but by God's grace they cannot." Then the attendants used their "sturdy canes" to invite the troublemakers out. :lol: I love that recording! (I think it's found in the second Faith in Action DVD, the audio is original).

This may be a condenced version of what you are remembering or it may be a different incident.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301975006?q=klamath+falls&p=par

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 9/16/2018 at 6:51 PM, Shannie said:

Point Blur_Sep162018_195027.jpg

On 9/16/2018 at 10:13 PM, jwhess said:

Here is the first president of the Watchtower Society, William Henry Conley.

*** jv chap. 26 p. 576 Producing Bible Literature for Use in the Ministry ***
The following year the first of an extensive series of tracts designed to interest people in Bible truths was prepared for publication. This work quickly took on immense proportions. In order to handle it, Zion’s Watch Tower Tract Society was formed on February 16, 1881, with W. H. Conley as president and C. T. Russell as secretary and treasurer.

Conley.png

Dress and grooming today would probably disqualify these brothers today. :)

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, rocket said:

This may be a condenced version of what you are remembering or it may be a different incident.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301975006?q=klamath+falls&p=par

Not that occasion but similar. :)

The one I remembered was at the Madison Square Garden in New York in 1939. Interesting how those fanatics began shouting "Heil Hitler! Viva Franco!" I guess a couple years later anyone in America shouting "Heil Hitler!" wouldn't be kindly looked on.

What courageous brothers!

William Conley was a businessman and banker in Allegheny, PA.  He was a personal friend of CT Russell and his father.  The original "study Group" (or congregation) met in his home.  Later when the organization was growing and they decided to incorporate as a legal entity, he asked Br. Russell to take over because he could not devote full-time to such an enlargement.

whc-5.JPG

10 hours ago, Dages said:

I'd love to find so written talk from Rutherford when he was quite spicy against the Church. :D

I have most (all?) of the records Br. Rutherford made for the "phonograph-work" door-to-door. But I don't think I have them in a written transcript.  I listen to one once in a while for nostalgia's sake.  I have a few of his convention speeches as well.

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

I have most (all?) of the records Br. Rutherford made for the "phonograph-work" door-to-door. But I don't think I have them in a written transcript.  I listen to one once in a while for nostalgia's sake.  I have a few of his convention speeches as well.

Nice ! Is the sound quality good enough to write a transcript?

32 minutes ago, Shannie said:

I need this book!!! Lol

Screenshot_20180918-224031.png

Does anyone know why Bro. Splane was holding up this book....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I don't know if this pic is real or photoshop, but he did the video explanation of 'The Generation' we had on owr NWM recently. It featured Bro F Franz as a young man in 1914, and worked forward from there.

Older {waiting for wiser}

On 9/17/2018 at 5:06 PM, pholmes38 said:

This above post makesme wonder, Is the Proclaimers book availabe in jwpub or pdf?

I have a ePub version. If you’d like a copy, just PM me.

58 minutes ago, Dove said:

I’m sure that’s been photoshopped in. 😁

Very funny and fitting!

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

One of my favorite early proclaimers of the message was General William Preble Hall, the Adjutant General of the USA.  He is probably one of the few Servants of Jehovah that was awarded the Congressional medal of Honor.  He left the army, joined CT Russell and became a member of the society's "Missionary Committee" headed by Br. Russell.  These were the brothers that made the 'round-the-world trip in 1911 to see the condition of the people and the need for the work to expand.  Br. Hall was appointed as a "pilgrim" or "servant to the bretheren" which we now call Circuit Overseers.  He served until health forced him to slow down in the 1920's.  He died faithful in 1927.

Note: in the group picture he is second from the left in the back row.

The full-dress military picture is featured in the center section of the brochure "Great Battle in the Ecclesiastical Heavens" that Br. Rutherford wrote as a defense of Br. Russell.

Missionary Committee.jpg

William_Preble_Hall.jpg

bkt-1915 Battle.jpg

Edited by jwhess

10 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

I don't know if this pic is real or photoshop, but he did the video explanation of 'The Generation' we had on owr NWM recently. It featured Bro F Franz as a young man in 1914, and worked forward from there.

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png

Yes..

It is Photoshop... It was a joke.