JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

I live in an area with a University that attracts students from all over the world ... over the years I have come across many from India - none of them were vegetarians although some did not eat beef. Since I used to work in a pizza place, I knew what they ate.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I know the aging dog thing so well. Hercules, my adopted Shih Tzu, was 19 when I had to take him in and have him go to sleep. He wandered around my house, constantly wandered and roamed and drove me crazy. Now I have my 12 year old Lhasa Apso doing the same thing. She's pretty much blind and deaf. She still loves life and is playful most times. But I know the time is coming when she will have to go to sleep to, and I am not happy with that. At least she is relatively healthy except for her eyes which is common with her breed. Her eyes will get gooey stuff in there so I have to clean them out and put drops in them everyday. But I sure do enjoy her, she is so funny.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

13 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I know the aging dog thing so well. Hercules, my adopted Shih Tzu, was 19 when I had to take him in and have him go to sleep. He wandered around my house, constantly wandered and roamed and drove me crazy. Now I have my 12 year old Lhasa Apso doing the same thing. She's pretty much blind and deaf. She still loves life and is playful most times. But I know the time is coming when she will have to go to sleep to, and I am not happy with that. At least she is relatively healthy except for her eyes which is common with her breed. Her eyes will get gooey stuff in there so I have to clean them out and put drops in them everyday. But I sure do enjoy her, she is so funny.

My wife and I have a 16 year old male Lhasa Apso in the same condition, but my wife can't bear to put him to sleep yet. It's going to be a sad day when it comes though.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

My Lhasa Apso, from a shelter, lived to age 19.  My last dog, Bichon Frise, was akc and died at age 5 from hip dysplasia. The  place where we got him was eventually shut down as a puppy mill. We have one other dog, a Norfolk terrier mix, also a pound puppy, age 12.  Babygirl is 8. You dog lovers know how devoted we are to our fur-babies. Sister Cheryl and Brother Ken, keep us posted.

Y(never outgrew puppy-love)S

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.

4 minutes ago, kejedo said:

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.

Sounds like it is time to get a motorcycle

6 hours ago, minister159 said:

My wife and I have a 16 year old male Lhasa Apso in the same condition, but my wife can't bear to put him to sleep yet. It's going to be a sad day when it comes though.

I understand your wife, the pups are so loyal and loving. They are companions to us. But it's inevitable, they reach the end of their time. So sad for us. Peachy is still healthy yet deaf and blind but happy. I'm thankful.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Out in Service on Monday afternoon,  beautiful day but a bit chilly. See the moon above the pagoda?

236467315_aftrnon1(1531x861).thumb.jpg.f687e6fe26b5d3ab5cb5f46868e66bf4.jpg

440934408_aftrnon2(1531x861).thumb.jpg.02ad8fd6dd7a7fa0f954ec8b9ad996a0.jpg

Then in service yesterday in Seaside, this herd was just milling around beside the road. Was still there 2 hours as I drove by.

1097335503_elk1(1531x861).thumb.jpg.b666986a50067d26021da054c269592d.jpg

1967655083_elk2(1531x861).thumb.jpg.56bd427fb8fd30c6e23daed7e2adf3f4.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987

2 hours ago, Dove said:

From the shape of his face, jowls, the mane and stripes he could almost be a lion..very beautiful

He's not just a Maine Coon, he's a mane Maine Coon. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Life4u said:

@bagwell1987, what is  the name of those animals, in the herd? Almost look like deer. Never seen those around my parts of the earth. 

They're Elk. They are delicious. (Sorry vegans) the meat is very lean and the burger is so incredibly delicious. I trade 10 pounds of farm raised Ground beef for equal amounts of ground elk. 

They are very regal animals. Here in this spot they were comfortable. Must have been their migration resting place. It's not uncommon for a major road to be right in the path of their migration and they just adapt.