JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Just See Yourself..." a book by Thomas Walker

On 2/24/2017 at 4:51 PM, Thomas Walker said:

Sorry, my fault. The blog has been up for a while, and the Amazon version is much newer. As a result, whenever I found typos, I focused on correcting them in the ebook version than the blog.

I have enjoyed the book so far.  It is a very interesting read.  Personally, I have never considered any need for money in Paradise, but that is a minor consideration.

I think I might have found an minor error.  On page 76 of the MOBI file I downloaded, It mentions, "The little device that Hugh had given him.....".  If I understand what is being talked about it was the little device that Alec had given to Hugh.  Page 76 of the MOBI file is the first paragraph of Chapter 3.

Looking forward to more reading.

Edited by Witness1970

• 1 month later...

I've never "liked" a post so quicklyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

will you make a blog?

should we start a topic here ?

ho my ho my ho my ! The hype !

Edited by Dages

I am 70% through 'Just see yourself' ... I bought it ages ago on Amazon but it's taken me this long to get to read it and I have been thinking about what I am going to read next .. and this morning I get up to find this post. Thank you. :flowers: xo

PS We were discussing books in FS on Friday and I mentioned  'Just See Yourself' to the  sister I was working with and she is looking forward to reading it, now. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, Dages said:

It's in a week ! Can we have the synopsis ?

I was actually just coming here to post that.

Also, an update to the Contents Page. I was planning to make it available by chapter, a few chapters per week; as last time. You guys could give it one more proofread for me before I put it on Amazon, or up as a Download.

While I'm here, can I ask everyone's opinion on pricing? I put the first one up for 99c. The thing is, due to Amazon policy, I get about twenty to thirty cents out of that, and this is hardly going to be a big seller past the brotherhood. I put the price up to three dollars a week ago, and the sales stopped, instantly. I was selling one copy per day or two before, but with the adjustment, it suddenly went quiet for a full week. (I have since split the difference)

I don't feel right about charging for what began as personal study, but I've invested many hours of work into this, and I wonder what you guys think the price should be (Bearing in mind it will still be a free download on my blog when finished)?

It requires great effort and dedication.  Depending on personal circumstances ,  2.00 is something that most of us are able to spend without thinking too hard about it.  We buy sodas,coffee, water, candy without a second thought.  I would gladly trade a good escape and mind stimulation for an indulgence.  This is a much better indulgence plus assists you in such a minute way.  I have quitbuying oops many years ago and now get them from the library or thrift stores.  

I think your books books are much more valauable than that but certainly amthankfulyou have them priced so nice.  

Throughly enjoyed it!  Wish I could have you and your wife over for supper and lead a book club! 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

2 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

You guys could give it one more proofread for me before I put it on Amazon, or up as a Download.

With the exception of a misplaced comma, I couldn't find any glaring errors in the synopsis or the Table of Contents.59fdd52810ebf_GlassesResearch.gif.f5d1439be192d7f213d38e38949a22e0.gif

I am always willing to beta read any book pertaining to the further fulfillment of Jehovah's promises. 

Especially when the author sticks as closely to the Scriptures as possible.  The way you do.^_^

Your books are priceless.  So two bucks is a real bargain. yes.gif.ff87153b22a3ecbe2ccc81a65c1e4430.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

For me personally, I'm glad to make an equitable contribution for your hard work.  (I've read your last book twice already Brother Walker as it helps me to envision things in God's new world I hadn't thought of previously and to know that, by Jehovah's loving kindness, I can see myself in paradise welcoming my mother's return.)  

But I agree with the previous comments; $1.99 is a good deal! :yes:

According to the World Health Organization, there are 40-50 million abortions performed every year. In the USA, 22% of pregnancies are aborted; and that's not even counting miscarriages.*

*(Source: http://www.worldometers.info/abortions/)

Also, consider that Abortion was only legalized in the USA in the 60's, which means most of the people who have them are from the last two generations, and thus may well still be around when A-Day hits. That's 125,000 unborn kids a day with no parents left for them to meet if/when they come back.

It was a topic I couldn't ignore, but also had no solution for. Having the unborn get the same Resurrection into loving adoptive homes was the best answer I could come up with. Not a solution that will satisfy everyone concerned, but it seemed the most compassionate route.

Imitate Jehovah's Compassion

What a timely article that congregations worldwide have just studied this past weekend.

And to read about the Godly quality of  "compassion" you've incorporated in your novel for the unborn shows your genuine concern--Eph. 5:1.

Thank you Brother Walker! 

On 11/4/2017 at 8:23 AM, Thomas Walker said:

You guys could give it one more proofread for me before I put it on Amazon, or up as a Download.

Respectfully, I always like to see the word Bible capitalized. Bible is not only a proper noun, which are always capitalized, but also a sacred, holy book that contains God's Word..:)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished book 1 and many times I had to pry myself away to get other things done. ^_^ What an excellent help for opening up my imagination to the future promise and bringing me closer to Jehovah through deep understanding of the love he has shown for us. Thank you Brother Walker for all your effort! I really enjoyed this reading! I look forward to reading this again as well as book 2.

• 6 months later...
On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Thomas Walker said:

"Just See Yourself..." by Thomas Walker

A Story Thousands of Years In The Making! 

For two thousand years, followers of Jehovah God and his son, Jesus Christ have been waiting for The Day! The Bible promises wonderful things that would take place during the Thousand Year Reign of the Messianic King. But so many people never heard that message, or never believed it could be true, when confronted with a cold and wicked world. What future for them? 

Hugh Alman was a pilot during the Second World War. With no idea of what the future held, he has awoken in a long promised Paradise Earth; where nobody would ever grow old, grow sick, or die. 

But with Eternal Life comes challenges, and rewards... and most importantly, choices. 

My whole life, we've been told to 'keep our eyes on the prize'. This book began as a form of personal study, and grew to a full sized novel. It's been one of the more rewarding efforts of my life, and I've received some very positive feedback from others in my cong. I have put the whole book up for free, chapter by chapter, on a dedicated blog.

And after enough people asked for a hardcopy version, I also put it up on Amazon, as cheap as I could make it. (It was the only way to handle printing and shipping costs.)

As it happens, that's what lead me to JWTalk. Looking for guidance on how to approach publication, I found the works of EK Jonathan being discussed here.

Writing this book took me in a lot of directions I didn't expect, and I hope you will all enjoy it.

I would love to ask some questions bro walker if I may. Will there be a third, final book of the thousand year series? You barely made mention, if not at all what life in other parts of the world like Asia and Africa would be like, would your third book if there's one encompass life in these regions? I'd like to see how things turn out in the future for Hugh and kasumi, Alec and beckah, Nick and Rachel.

I really am a fan of your writings, and I understand if you don't want to spill the beans yet. But would you release a third book that serves as a post 500 years or a different paradisiacal book? 

8 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

I would love to ask some questions bro walker if I may. Will there be a third, final book of the thousand year series?

Third book in progress, but not set at the end of the Thousand Years. I have some thoughts on an 'end' book, but that would be a later volume. Truth is, after reading the program, I want to wait on the Regional Convention to start putting that together seriously. Sunday's Symposium might give me a few ideas. 😁

You barely made mention, if not at all what life in other parts of the world like Asia and Africa would be like, would your third book if there's one encompass life in these regions? 

I avoided Africa and Asia because I know very little about life there now. Part of these books is to create contrast between our world and the next one, and that's difficult to do from a position of total ignorance. I'm not saying 'no', but I've got a lot to learn before i can centre a book there.

I'd like to see how things turn out in the future for Hugh and kasumi, Alec and beckah, Nick and Rachel.

If I ever get to the 'end of thousand years' book, you can be assured that I will indeed give everyone a 'sequel'.

I really am a fan of your writings, and I understand if you don't want to spill the beans yet. But would you release a third book that serves as a post 500 years or a different paradisiacal book? 

The next book will be set over the course of a single lifetime, also around the 200-300 year mark. Truth is, I'm scared to go further than 500 years. I made the point once that it took 66 years to go from the Wright Brothers flying for twelve seconds at Kitty Hawk, to Armstrong putting footprints on the moon. I have already been caught out by technology evolving a lot faster than I expected. I have very little idea what 500 years into paradise looks like, and even less of a thousand.

Also, there were a few other books I had to finish. I write secular books too, under a different name (I didn't want Paradise Books and Sci-Fi on the same list over at Amazon) and I was neglecting them. I hate leaving a story half-finished. With them done, I can now focus more on the next New System book.

But I'll get there. As long as people keep reading; I'll keep writing.