JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1457 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

14 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Is that pdf file based on language or geographical region? If I'm in a Ukrainian congregation in a European country or Brooklyn, NY (yeah Brooklyn is a country emoji6.png) those instructions are valuable for me.

Understood. I didn't know if it would help answer your question or not..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Understood it's just that there are some brothers that are in some countries that might not be able to participate in the campaign due to unique circumstances; therefore we that can participate must appreciate what we are doing for those that can't.

Many..many .. brothers & sisters are writing extra letters so if someone can't write it due to unique circumstances it will not reflect largely on the numbers of letters that will arrive in Russia

Flood of letters is going to descend on Russia .

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

8 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

I just noticed the March 23 instructions have Russian Federation at bottom of address but March 20 instructions have Russian Federation above zip code...

On March 23, 2017, the Instruction Sheet was revised. The format of the six addresses was adjusted slightly to expedite delivery. There is no need to resend letters that used the previous address format.

Above per jw.org log in for letters.

Edited by Jmystro

Added info

7 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

I just noticed the March 23 instructions have Russian Federation at bottom of address but March 20 instructions have Russian Federation above zip code...

That was updated to speed up mailing delivery process 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

44 minutes ago, Joycecan said:

I could not being myself to use the term "Dear", because they are not dear to me. I started with, Greetings...

emoji47.png

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I couldn't write dear either.

For me Dear is someone who is a friend or old neighbor. Someone I grew up with.

The Way I was taught. was to address a man as Sir. Mr or Mrs. this is a formal matter. 

Like to Mr Putin.

for me a business type of letter is 

To whom it may concern please...

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

11 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

The Way I was taught. was to address a man as Sir. Mr or Mrs. this is a formal matter. 

Like to Mr Putin.

My mother used the term "Honorary". What is important is that it shows respect to the addressee.

58 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Many..many .. brothers & sisters are writing extra letters so if someone can't write it due to unique circumstances it will not reflect largely on the numbers of letters that will arrive in Russia

Flood of letters is going to descend on Russia .

What is an extra letter?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

What is an extra letter?

Extra stuff :zipmouth: classified.

Serious answer now: Extra stands for more then necessary ..some brothers are sending 30 letters .. extra has a very "loose" meaning here.

4 hours ago, Old said:

not all have not reported those numbers in our running total in "How many letters to Russia from our members?"

sorry, not for me. I'll give my count to the congregation if I'm asked for...

You, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing,  that your gifts of mercy may be in secret; then your Father who is looking on in secret will repay you. (Matthew 6:3, 4)

6 minutes ago, Old said:

What is an extra letter?

Boy .. o boy.. this is a very "technical" forum or should I say extra technical? LOL :lol1:

1 minute ago, yedidia said:

sorry, not for me. I'll give my count to the congregation if I'm asked for...

You, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing,  that your gifts of mercy may be in secret; then your Father who is looking on in secret will repay you. (Matthew 6:3, 4)

I feel this is my private matter too.  (I have sent many) :)

Well, I finally addressed the envelopes, and stamped them. Then, because my laptop is misbehaving itself again, :( I'll go to my favorite library to type, print, hop over to my favorite post office and mail them.

While this is serious business, I find it such an honor that Jehovah is allowing us to support our family this way. Y'all do know right, that Jehovah can handle this all by himself? I mean, one angel took care of 185,000 people, what is 6 men in office!? I mean, seriously!!!! 

Boy oh boy! They don't know who they're messing with! Yes, Jehovah may still allow this ban, and if he does allow it, humph! Y'all do know, right, that nothing but good is gonna come out of it. 

For one, Jehovah will be honored. Two, have y'all noticed in past bans that once it was lifted there were more of us than before the ban? Yep! "How did this happen?" they probably said, "we didnt see them." 

HA! We know what happened!!! You can't stop Jehovah and his spirit!!! 

Well, no matter what happens, let's continue praising our heavenly Father, follow Jesus, and support our family!

Edited by Luezette

2 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Like to Mr Putin.

I addressed some as Honourable, Mr. Putin and the Prime Minister as Esteemed and then said Dear Mr Putin or whatever, as I type all my business letters with 'dear' whether I know them or not, it's only a salutation ... you could apply to same reasoning to the words esteemed and honourable ... are they honourable men? Some may argue not ... but we still use it as a respectful salutation - 'dear' is no different. However, it's what is best for each individual, it comes from their hearts so what they decide is good.

"To whom it May Concern' is a salutation when we don't know to whom we are speaking.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Hi Brother Jed,

You mentioned, "sorry, not for me. I'll give my count to the congregation if I'm asked for...

You are correct, often when we help lowly ones or give donations, Jesus words definitely apply, we don't give these "gifts of mercy" in secret. However, our dear Brother Old isn't asking us to show what gifts or money we are donating or even to compare how many letters each person or family sent. His purpose is simply to see what our total combined efforts are as members of JWtalk! This is very similar to how we turn in our service reports. We don't view our Service Reports as a form of bragging or comparing, but we are encouraged by hearing the final combined reports! For example when the Service Overseer or the CO tells us the total number of placements or RVs, these reports are encouraging!

But also Jerry knows someone who believes our forum is just a bunch of "wind" and that we don't do much but just talk. So he also would like to show anyone who wonders about our Forum that there are many good brothers and sisters here on JWtalk from all over the world that are zealous in the ministry and love their "family" in other parts of the world! :wub:

It is very good if a person wrote just 1 letter to Russia! Some others may have different circumstances or larger families and so send many letters. But what is encouraging is to see the combined results. No one has to add their letter to the overall count, but each letter is valuable, just as each hour of field service is valuable, even 15 minute increments are valuable to Jehovah.  :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Hi Brother Neil. Is there a separate thread for the tally of Letters?

Just asking.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

THE 11TH PLAGUE.. 🤣🤣 “Go in to Putin and say to him, ‘This is what Jehovah says: “Send my people away so that they may serve me.  If you keep refusing to send them away, I will plague all your territory with letters and they will come up and enter into your house, into your bedroom, on your bed, into the houses of your servants and on your people, into your ovens, and into your kneading troughs.  On you, on your people, and on all your servants, the letters will come up.”’”

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

Hi Brother Neil. Is there a separate thread for the tally of Letters?

Just asking.

Sister Gabe, I'm not sure if you were asking for the current tally or the thread. Brother Neil gave the tally but if it was the thread you were after, it is here. http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/30284-how-many-letters-to-russia-from-our-members/

:)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

45 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Sister Gabe, I'm not sure if you were asking for the current tally or the thread. Brother Neil gave the tally but if it was the thread you were after, it is here. http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/30284-how-many-letters-to-russia-from-our-members/

:)

Thanks Sister GeordieGirl. ( Another Aussie.) ..Sweet.  Yes I was after that thread. xx

35 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I am sorry but I want to say to everybody you NEED NOT to write You, Your etc.because you write in English, not in Russian. It's a rule of the Russian language.

Oh well, I'll get it right in the next batch of letters :)

BTW, for Aussies out there, the $2.95 red stamp is for "international mail", so don't have to worry about the air mail sticker.  I checked with the Postmaster today.