JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.ORG: 1090 languages and growing!

26 minutes ago, Patrick Starfish said:

No publications yet, just the home page is available as of now.

Can you imagine the joy when brothers will see the articles added to the website. 

I was wondering where is the Maguindanao language spoken? Is it only in Philippines? Or in other areas as well? 

Edited by Guri

On 6/28/2019 at 1:55 PM, Guri said:

was wondering where is the Maguindanao language spoken?

It is spoken mainly in the province of the same name (Maguindanao) in Mindanao Island, very far south from Manila. It is a Muslim-dominated area. I don't think it is spoken in other countries.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 8:49 PM, Brother Jack said:

The two new languages are:

Hawai’i Pidgin

Hawaiian Pidgin English is an English-based creole language spoken in Hawaiʻi.

Although English and Hawaiian are the co-official languages of the state of Hawaiʻi, Hawaiian Pidgin is spoken by many Hawaiʻi residents in everyday conversation and is often used in advertising targeted toward locals in Hawaiʻi.

Native speakers: 600,000 (2012)

Native to: Hawai‘i, United States

Content: Extensive website 

And Maltese Sign Language

it's a young sign language of Malta. It developed into its modern form c. 1980 with the establishment of the first deaf club in Malta and subsequently with its use in education for the deaf.

Content: Video - Why study the bible 

On 6/28/2019 at 6:32 AM, Patrick Starfish said:

No publications yet

On 6/28/2019 at 6:55 AM, Guri said:

Can you imagine the joy when brothers will see the articles added to the website

There is now content on the Maguindanao website: a few videos and brochures.

Yes what joy to see the website growing to help all sorts of people.

55 minutes ago, humblebumblebee said:

There is now content on the Maguindanao website: a few videos and brochures.

Yes what joy to see the website growing to help all sorts of people.

Yes, the website is very effective in attracting interested ones. The July broadcast mentioned that about 250 Bible study requests are received daily. By my calculations, that is almost 92,000 Bible study requests a year! When I heard the daily figure the first time, it sounded impressive, but when I calculated the total number a year, I was just blown away. So now I think the website is a very important tool not only for our use, but also in spreading the good news. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Languages added:

Blaan (Sarangani):
This language is spoken in Southern Philippines. Around 90 800 people speak it (according to the 2000 estimate).

Website content: Why study the Bible video.

Cherokee:
Cherokee (ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍᏗ, Tsalagi Gawonihisdi is an endangered to moribund Iroquoian language and the native language of the Cherokee people.
There are between 1500 and 2100 speakers left, mostly in the city of Tahlequah, Oklahoma, USA.
Website content: The 3 videos for the ministry.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Cherokee:
Cherokee (ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍᏗ, Tsalagi Gawonihisdi is an endangered to moribund Iroquoian language and the native language of the Cherokee people.
There are between 1500 and 2100 speakers left, mostly in the city of Tahlequah, Oklahoma, USA.
Website content: The 3 videos for the ministry.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

It’s amazing that the website is being translated in a language that is spoken by only 1,500 - 2,100 persons. This shows that Jehovah wants everyone to hear the message and that we are not motivated by financial gain.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JPWRana said:

Where is humble bee to update us

On Holiday but bumbled back ☺️

Post 984 is not new just different script

Here are the recent changes not mentioned before:

Burundi Sign Language

Hawai'I Pidgin

Maltese Sign Language 

Rusyn (Carpathian)

Tamil (Roman)

Tat (Roman)

Not sure which are the 3 new languages or which ones are the same with a script difference 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris. Couldn't believe my eyes this morning, I thought it was a typo but no, two new languages in two days

988 Guyanese Creole English

Guyanese Creole (Creolese by its speakers, or simply Guyanese) is an English-based creole language spoken by people in Guyana. Linguistically, it is similar to other English dialects of the Caribbean region, based on 19th-century English, and has loan words from African, East Indian, Arawakan, and older Dutch languages.

2 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

The Web site of Jehovah's Witnesses, www.jw.org, is now available in 989 languages. (Isaiah 60: 22)

100 sign languages!

5A70636E-AF99-4EA1-9EBC-C225309BE5D5.jpeg.bd4f7b944170855c12a5b4087e5e32f0.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• Dages changed the title to JW.ORG: 1090 languages and growing!