JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

5 minutes ago, rocket said:

Should I make my casket now, just in case? :lol1:

Here's a suggestion: flax cheap and easy. I could give you suggestions for headstone too!! hahaha.

flax casket.jpg

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 3/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, BenJepthah said:

It isn’t the COVID virus itself that actually is lethal. It is the secondary infections from bacteria

From what I have read, bacterial infection can follow influeza, but this article sheds more light on the Wuhan coronavirus that I found enlightening..

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/how-does-the-wuhan-coronavirus-cause-severe-illnes

ARDS is acute respiratory distress that actually can be caused by the virus itself if it is very virulent and enters the air sacs in the lung destroying them..the lungs cannot function, and the organs are deprived of oxygen. That is why there can be multiple organ failure. My opinion? Try very hard to protect oneself from this virus! Definitely not the seasonal flu..you don't want that either..we need to protect ourselves and others.

Screenshot_2020-03-04-17-24-45-2.png

Screenshot_2020-03-04-15-43-32-1-1.png

Screenshot_2020-03-04-15-42-33-1.png

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Shrink those giant words

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Yes that's how it works - it's the Virus Sars.Cov.2 that does the initial damage leading to a build up of mucus starting in the lower lobes of the lungs - usually one but sometimes 2 or more lobes ... (this is the difference between the infection of Flu type A or B - where the respiratory begins at the top of the chest/lungs initially - in most cases). Then the disease Covid19 takes hold of your lungs either giving you viral pneumonia or leaving it open to bacteria present like MRSA.  In mild Cases covid19 only gives you a persistent cough and fever* it doesn't progress to pneumonia. 

*The fever is actually the bodies immune system fighting the virus - many experts say that taking fever reduction medicines actually is not helping the body fight it.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I expect these have already been mentioned:

One of my high-alcohol content gels is actually flammable and warns against not setting fire to your hands!

The other one I have leaves a protective layer that is very slimy if it gets wet within a few minutes. (So a slight risk if you use a walking stick or something.)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Qantas cancels flight to London after passenger with coronavirus on board aircraft

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/qantas-cancels-flight-to-london-after-passenger-with-coronavirus-on-board-aircraft/news-story/efc7e3bf4fc5c81dc49dc54cd14a628f

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Giant font be gone!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

First death in California

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/03/04/coronavirus-kaiser-roseville-death-california/?fbclid=IwAR1guF3dQ87hB15EI8YQu6fGsLKcTKREQ3db87yvFMJsChbmauY7SEUXhrE

ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – One person has died in Placer County of the coronavirus. It’s the first confirmed death related to the disease in California and just the 10th in the U.S.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

49 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Yes that's how it works - it's the Virus Sars.Cov.2 that does the initial damage leading to a build up of mucus starting in the lower lobes of the lungs - usually one but sometimes 2 or more lobes ... (this is the difference between the infection of Flu type A or B - where the respiratory begins at the top of the chest/lungs initially - in most cases). Then the disease Covid19 takes hold of your lungs either giving you viral pneumonia or leaving it open to bacteria present like MRSA.  In mild Cases covid19 only gives you a persistent cough and fever* it doesn't progress to pneumonia. 

*The fever is actually the bodies immune system fighting the virus - many experts say that taking fever reduction medicines actually is not helping the body fight it.

Love this explanation on the workings of this....I have some saying its just the flu.....they dont realise the difference...this is where people with it, will underestimate it, go out to work, meetings etc and spread it further making others sick.....I love what the organisation has put out on JW.org, be cautious and aware, but also show love to one another and if sick, stay home, dont share.....

Which is strange...my mother taught me to share....caring is sharing....I dont mind sharing my bugs :)  

Your mum taught you that huh? She took the easy way out by the time you came along - she taught me ... ummm ... let's see... yeah sharing is caring. It's okay im much shorter than you your cough will go over my head.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-lingers-in-rooms-and-toilets-but-disinfectants-kill-12503522

patients with the novel coronavirus extensively contaminate their bedrooms and bathrooms, underscoring the need to routinely clean high-touch surfaces, basins and toilet bowls.

virus was killed by twice-a-day cleaning of surfaces and daily cleaning of floors with a commonly used disinfectant, which suggests that current decontamination measures are sufficient as long as people adhere to them.

patient whose room was sampled before cleaning contaminated 13 of 15 room sites testing, including their chair, bed rail, the glass window of their room, the floor, light switches.

Three of the five toilet sites were also contaminated, including the sink, door handle and toilet bowl - more evidence that stool can be a route of transmission.

Air samples tested negative, but swabs taken from air exhaust outlets were positive - which suggests that virus-laden droplets may be carried by air flows and deposited on vents.

More than 10,000 masks have been stolen from hospitals in France amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Paris hospitals said 8,300 surgical masks had disappeared from several sites, while Conception hospital in Marseille reported it was missing 2,000 of them.

Officials said 1,200 bottles of hand sanitiser gel had also been taken from locations in the capital.

The masks in Marseille were stolen on Tuesday from a location in the hospital that is accessible only to staff and patients who have undergone surgery, officials said.

20 minutes ago, Coco said:

More than 10,000 masks have been stolen from hospitals in France amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Paris hospitals said 8,300 surgical masks had disappeared from several sites, while Conception hospital in Marseille reported it was missing 2,000 of them.

It's a shame the thieves didn't realize that surgical masks are not designed to protect the wearer. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

26 minutes ago, Coco said:

Officials said 1,200 bottles of hand sanitiser gel had also been taken from locations in the capital.

The masks in Marseille were stolen on Tuesday from a location in the hospital that is accessible only to staff and patients who have undergone surgery, officials said.

People are so selfish aren't they?

This story just saw on that smut magazine Daily Mail/Feb 4, 2020.  Story of a young man who may have caught the virus as late as November 2019 but he didn't know that it was the virus till much later. Here is his story:

What it's REALLY like to catch coronavirus: Victim, 25, describes how 'worst disease he ever had' left him sweating, shivering, and struggling to breath as his eyes burned and bones ached 

2 hours ago, Sylv said:

A sister in my congregation is a nurse, and she told me several weeks ago that people have come running into the ER to grab a handful of masks and running back out. 

Reports from local media indicate that people were stealing toilet paper from public places, cinema toilets, shopping centre toilets etc ...

I call it "bottom behavior' LOL 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

45 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Reports from local media indicate that people were stealing toilet paper from public places, cinema toilets, shopping centre toilets etc ...

I call it "bottom behavior' LOL 

In times of disasters and needs, you see how selfish people are.  How different Jehovah's people. We remain calm and help people instead.. For example in Haiti.. bro and sis were affected but they comfort people instead of taking advantage of them. 

Oh dear, I thought before that western society is more civilized but no.. Only Jah's people are real civilized. 

Just now, JennyM said:

In times of disasters and needs, you see how selfish people are.  How different Jehovah's people. We remain calm and help people instead.. For example in Haiti.. bro and sis were affected but they comfort people instead of taking advantage of them. 

Oh dear, I thought before that western society is more civilized but no.. Only Jah's people are real civilized. 

Jenny, when the Bible talks about "last days, and critical times hard to deal with" it does not differentiate between western or non-western cultures ..it talks about people living on the whole earth. 

22 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Glad I stocked up on my crisis goods on Thursday last week before the real panic buying started. Also glad I already had enough stuff at home. Being shrewd and listening to our organization and the well-meaning recommendations of our government really does much to protect Jehovah's people.

12 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Glad I stocked up on my crisis goods on Thursday last week before the real panic buying started. Also glad I already had enough stuff at home. Being shrewd and listening to our organization and the well-meaning recommendations of our government really does much to protect Jehovah's people.

That look when there is no toilet paper....

image.png

Edited by GraceH

The WHO says the virus can survive on bank notes for DAYS!

Advises to use other means of payment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/02/exclusive-dirty-banknotes-may-spreading-coronavirus-world-health/

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/who-world-health-organisation-coronavirus-banknotes-warning-111019361.html

Screenshot_2020-03-04-21-46-48-1.png

Edited by Shawnster

Added URL to news story.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

4 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

This story just saw on that smut magazine Daily Mail/Feb 4, 2020.  Story of a young man who may have caught the virus as late as November 2019 but he didn't know that it was the virus till much later. Here is his story:

What it's REALLY like to catch coronavirus: Victim, 25, describes how 'worst disease he ever had' left him sweating, shivering, and struggling to breath as his eyes burned and bones ached 

Really, you are citing Smut Magazine?  

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.