JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

41 minutes ago, Old said:

Curious, why non-battery powered? The batteries last longer than most glass thermometers. More accurate, faster and easier to read.You do not appear to have anything against electronic devices.   :confused:

The instructions are printed so small I can't read how to operate battery-powered ones.

The mercury kind are simple and don't require a page of instructions.  

Just shake and take. :D 

spacer.png

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Phase-out[edit] of mercury thermometershttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-in-glass_thermometer

As of 2012, many mercury-in-glass thermometers are used in meteorology; however, they are becoming increasingly rare for other uses, as many countries banned them for medical use due to the toxicity of mercury. Some manufacturers use galinstan, a liquid alloy of gallium, indium, and tin, as a replacement for mercury.

The typical "fever thermometer" contains between 0.5 and 0.3 g (0.28 and 0.17 drachms) of elemental mercury.[4][5] Swallowing this amount of mercury would pose little danger but the inhaling of the vapour could lead to health problems.[6]

probably why they are hard to find

5 hours ago, AH173 said:

Governor stated there were 9 previous test for the covid-19 (before current 5) and they tested negative.

Each person needs three concurrent negative tests. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Mykyl said:

Crazy news here. BBC.  Aparently they (the uk government) are telling councils to prepare for a potential of 100,000 deaths. Emergency powers about to be announced.

Guess they are prepping for worst case scenario which is responsible I suppose.

Utterly crazy.

What is 1% of the UK pop? That is the best case scenario they are prepping for - worst case at the moment is 3.5%. 

Here's the population of UK currently
67,886,011 people

the United Kingdom 2020 population is estimated at 67,886,011 people at mid year according to UN data. the United Kingdom population is equivalent to 0.87% of the total worldpopulation. the U.K. ranks number 21 in the list of countries (and dependencies) bypopulation.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

46 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Each person needs three concurrent negative tests. 

I'm pretty sure the governor knew that for each of the 9 previous and now 5 more people undergoing the testing protocol. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

I'm pretty sure the governor knew that for each of the 9 previous and now 5 more people undergoing the testing protocol. 

I'm sure he did, in fact, I know Tony Facou (Doctor General) has told them according to one interview - as far as I know they have about 900,000 kits at the mo, and that is nationwide,  but with having to have 3 per person - it's not nearly enough. I think NZ is in even a worse situation.  Or was that 90,000 kits? I have to re-check.

Edited by Stormswift

41 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I'm sure he did, in fact, I know Tony Facou (Doctor General) has told them according to one interview - as far as I know they have about 900,000 kits at the mo, and that is nationwide,  but with having to have 3 per person - it's not nearly enough. I think NZ is in even a worse situation.  Or was that 90,000 kits? I have to re-check.

I wish I bought stock in the company that is making those kits...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Now that doesn’t mean that you can’t screw up the coronavirus test if you really set your mind to it.

And in fact, that’s exactly what the CDC did in January, when they rejected the World Health Organization’s proposed test panel for SARS-CoV-2 (the official name for this particular novel coronavirus which causes the disease COVID-19) in favor of a gold-plated test panel of the CDC’s own design.

After all, why just test for SARS-CoV-2 when you could also test for other SARS and MERS viruses?

Unfortunately, with complexity came error, and these initial CDC triple-test kits had a flaw in one of the multiple tests, ruining the entire test.

Now the CDC is producing a solo test for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, but this fiasco set us back weeks in test-kit supply.

https://quillette.com/2020/03/06/dont-test-dont-tell-the-bureaucratic-bungling-of-covid-19-tests/

What are peoples thoughts on using colloidal silver to stave off the virus? My family seem convinced in its affects. And even grandma ....when she was alive.. used it for some things as she did a lot of alternative health. But research shows mixed answers?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

29 minutes ago, Nirex said:

But research shows mixed answers?

It's my personal opinion that everything works on something sometimes,  so there will be mixed reviews of anything all the time...

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Its difficult wading through all the news about COVID-19. 

What do you do if you get sick?

Do you treat it like a flu?

When do you see a doctor?

BTW: our health care provider has reminded us that we can set up a video appointment with a doctor...

17 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Maybe, its just a media hype so that they could sell billions worth of vaccines later on. 

Remember, the commercial system is another evil part of Satan's system. 

Maybe, however the commercial system isn't prepared for the outbreak so there doesn't appear to be any premeditated intent to commit mass murder just to make money. 

35 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Maybe, its just a media hype so that they could sell billions worth of vaccines later on. 

Remember, the commercial system is another evil part of Satan's system. 

I can not imagine Jehovah's organization taking additional precautions, example, sanitizing the kingdom Hall before and after every meeting based on media hype.   

Stay well dear sister.  🤗

Edited by Snority

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

What are peoples thoughts on using colloidal silver to stave off the virus? My family seem convinced in its affects. And even grandma ....when she was alive.. used it for some things as she did a lot of alternative health. But research shows mixed answers?

If you understand how the virus works and how coloidal silver works - that usually gives your answer.

The small silver bits called coloids attach themselves to bacteria in your system (to both good and bad bacteria) it suffocates the bad bacteria as these are air breathers and the good bacteria are not - so it doesn't affect them. Now does coloid silver attach itself to viruses? I'm not sure.

But, if you understand the virus - it converts cells in your lung wall leaving your respiratory system open to attack from bacteria such as MRSA and other nasties ... so yes based on this coloid silver should work fine. Someone else might be able to answer as to whether it works on the virus itself.

50 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

Its difficult wading through all the news about COVID-19. 

What do you do if you get sick?

Do you treat it like a flu?

When do you see a doctor?

BTW: our health care provider has reminded us that we can set up a video appointment with a doctor...

If you get the symptoms of cough fever or difficulty in breathing ring your healthline ... rest and work on your immune system. 

No don't treat it like the flu - this is way more contagious and is more lethal ... while a healthy turtle like you would not probably  oh wait - how old are you? Hmmm ... no i'd be far more vigilant and concerned about this virus. 

You don't go see a doctor .. i've heard experts say this repeatedly and not sure why they do. Doctors can't help a virus and it spreads to those around them. However, there could be a secondary bacterial infection. Here in NZ - we have to ring the Healthline and then if they suggest we need a doctor or hospital we have to ring ahead so as not to affect or be affected by others. So yes the video appointment would be perfect. I would suggest when you have difficulty in breathing ... indication your lungs are filling with phlegm ...the flu is usually limited to your upper respitory system, whereas coronavirus fills your lungs from bottom up which inhibits deep breathing from the diaphragm. 

On 3/7/2020 at 8:54 AM, cricket246 said:

I'm wondering since there has been a coronovirus case in Lexington, Ky and 1 in Indiana - if the Assemblies & Conventions for those states will be canceled this year, as both states have declared a state of emergency?

We have to wait and see sis. I trying to go to to Detroit in end of May. If Jehovah wills.

I found this video MOST informative:

Explains so much:  why some experience mild cases and recover with just isolation prescribed

...why some end up on ventilators or in the morgue. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

If you understand how the virus works and how coloidal silver works - that usually gives your answer.

The small silver bits called coloids attach themselves to bacteria in your system (to both good and bad bacteria) it suffocates the bad bacteria as these are air breathers and the good bacteria are not - so it doesn't affect them. Now does coloid silver attach itself to viruses? I'm not sure.

But, if you understand the virus - it converts cells in your lung wall leaving your respiratory system open to attack from bacteria such as MRSA and other nasties ... so yes based on this coloid silver should work fine. Someone else might be able to answer as to whether it works on the virus itself.

I have been using silver for over 30 years..(the only part of me that turned grey is my hair..haha..I am 74) First, in 1987, I purchased colloidal silver, then I got a silver maker and made my own, then more recently I started buying silver solution by Silver Biotics. The way it is made is different..a stronger electric charge..AC, not DC. Imagine a solution where the electric charge is so great that all of the silver particles vibrate..an atom transfers to the pathogen and disrupts it..This is my understanding in lay terms..My husband and I bought cheap nazal spray in small plastic bottles..1 oz..and after cleaning them filled with silver. We spray up our nazal before and after entering stores and same with meetings..I am so sensitive to germs..if I spray and feel nazal pain, I know there are germs..it literally takes 6 minutes to kill the germs..the pain goes away. However, if I don't drink a couple of ounces and spray my nazal if I have been near someone sick, it is not as effective..At that point, I take a good dose of olive leaf extract..I don't have low blood pressure..so I can tolerate it.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif