JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

One of our sisters here is an RN floor nurse. She's having a meeting with the brothers soon. They're concerned about all of us because of her job. She told me yesterday her risk of getting it is not any different than anyone else, but would be different if she was an emergency nurse.

Then at the market this afternoon, the woman in front of me licked her fingers, separated her cash then handed it to a horrified cashier who looked at me panicked. She took a big shot of sanitizer afterwards.  We discussed not only the dangers of touching money but having it in contact with your mouth. The amount of fecal matter, drugs and blood on it is off the charts. I rarely touch cash, yuck. 

People are just careless about cleanliness,  no wonder pestilence is rampant. 

We now sanitize our hall before and after meetings. So much work, wonder how long we can keep up the momentum of that. Knowing the way people can be it might not take long for ones to lose the drive.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

The reason why they say masks are not recomended is because it encourages folks to keep adjusting them. How do you do that? By bringing your hands to your face. So you increase the chance of catching things.

The message is dont touch your face. 

Plus surgicalmasks have a short lifespan of protection. 

I don't have that problem..I wash my hands well before putting my mask on..Basicly, I was using one for shopping, but too much of a stigma here now..Also, I keep my silver-sol in my purse and periodically spray my hands..also alcohol. I spray or ozone my mask when I get home. This virus is airborne..can float in the air. I am not planning on going to the market again..I have provisions for several weeks. The FDS has asked us for awhile now to keep provisions on hand. We have weak immune systems and are older..been taking precautions for years.

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/china-officially-announces-that-the-coronavirus-can-be-airborne-and-can-be-conditionally-spread-via-aerosol-transmission-

Edited by SUNRAY

content

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Proverbs 6:6

"Go to the ant ... Observe its ways and become wise."

The ant gathers it's stores - not too much, not too little, just enough BEFORE the winter comes ... when the winter comes it is too late. 

Once you see the leaves change - we know we have little time left. Wisdom is only effective when there are actions to back it up.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/man-with-covid-19-ignored-isolation-advice-worked-at-hobart-hotel-and-visited-nightclub-restaurant

Containment, we know, is only as effective as the adherence of  people to self-isolate.

Here is one blatant example of someone in their early 20’s returning from overseas via Singapore, with cold/flu symptoms then confirmed as covid-19, still going out to nightclubs and restaurant, and then a shift at a major hotel 😱😱😡.

36 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/man-with-covid-19-ignored-isolation-advice-worked-at-hobart-hotel-and-visited-nightclub-restaurant

Containment, we know, is only as effective as the adherence of  people to self-isolate.

Here is one blatant example of someone in their early 20’s returning from overseas via Singapore, with cold/flu symptoms then confirmed as covid-19, still going out to nightclubs and restaurant, and then a shift at a major hotel 😱😱😡.

And they are trusting the community to self isolate? 

On 3/7/2020 at 3:24 AM, Stormswift said:

if anyone is under quarantine then we do as the brothers and sisters have who have been in prison or prison camps in the past.

In fact I'm trying to make my own unfortified wine from my grapes haha ... just in case, and if we okay then it was a fun exercise.

Recipe for bread in our magazine. 

Maybe we can watch it streamed for those who are in quarantine ... and pass our own emblems around. Your best is very acceptable to Jehovah.

I had this thought a few weeks ago and wanted to be prepared.  I have been casually looking for wine every time I visit a store, for at least 2 weeks now. I can't seem to find anything acceptable. Correct me if I'm wrong, are sulfites adulterants? Every bottle I pick up says it contains sulfites. I was speaking with a waiter at a restaurant the other night and he said no, sulfites are naturally occurring, And that I could buy some specialty wine without sulfites but he doesn't know of any natural wine without sulfites available. I don't believe I'm going to be making my own wine, so I would like to have a bottle or two on hand just in case. Can anyone recommend something? Or where to find wine, or can I just buy off-the-shelf red wine that is not fortified or aged in whiskey barrels Etc? Yeah I'm going to go the online library and research right now but suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by rolypoly

Found this in the w03 2/15 Watchtower. “Homemade, unsweetened red grape wine could be used, and so could such wines as red burgundy and claret.”  

Just thought I’d add this here. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nus-covid-19-foreign-exchange-student-leave-of-absence-breach-12516002

The National University of Singapore (NUS) has terminated a foreign student from its exchange programme and sent her home after she breached her leave of absence.

The student also made a false travel declaration, said Associate Professor Leong Ching, the university's dean of students, in a post on the NUS website on Sunday (Mar 8).

20 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Found this in the w03 2/15 Watchtower. “Homemade, unsweetened red grape wine could be used, and so could such wines as red burgundy and claret.”  

Just thought I’d add this here. 

There we go ... ill make a wee bottle just in case ... need it to ferment a little more and then I can strain it.

43 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Not sure honestly - partly why I thought I'd do a little with my own grapes. The elders will know.

We used to use Beaujolet (not sure of spelling) and from California  "Our Daily Red" has no added sulfites..I am alergic to sulfites.

Screenshot_2020-03-08-21-24-54.png

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

4 hours ago, AH173 said:

Was there any other congregations who had any announcement besides mine?

Yes, I noted in this forum on the corona virus, my meeting last Thursday night and Elders made decision (after reading letter from Branch) to disinfect the hall before and and after the meeting's.   There is giant hand sanitizer in the back of the hall.  The brothers bought lots of big bottles prior to announcement. 

4 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

We already had half a box..before it was announced "don't wear a mask unless you are sick", after getting home from shopping I would spray both sides with silver..

How about lysol? It actually kills viruses.  I ordered a huge box of supplies online about a month ago.  Hand sanitizer, lysol, bleach, wipes. I've been using it like a fanatic and running low already. Went to every store in town this weekend.  Zero sanitizer anywhere.  Did manage to find another 4 pack of lysol, bleach, peroxide, and a few bottles of 70% alcohol.  Most alcohol I could find was 50% and green.  Good thing I have about 2 gals alcohol total (70-90%), and 6 gal bleach.  

I thought this was an excellent description that the FDS gave to help explain Jesus' prophecy about the last days concerning "pestilences 

*** w08 10/1 p. 7 Events Foretold for Our Day ***
Intractable Disease
“There will be . . . pestilences,” Jesus foretold. (Luke 21:11)

Definition of intractable

1: not easily managed, controlled, or solved

2: not easily relieved or cured

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

6 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

Respiratory protection requires that the mask has a good seal all the way around the mask to prevent any air from going around the mask. The typical surgical mask does not provide a good seal. 

However...

I was reminded that a mask can keep you from touching your face...

So a surgical mask does not provide the same level of respiratory protection that a N95 mask will provide but it may offer some protection and keep you from touching your face...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Australia Bethel Morning Worship had extended discussion on Co-vid 19

Here is the 1st (and main point) of the 7 given:
1. Educate ourselves. Lack of knowledge causes problems, eg: Common symptoms, how spread, why wash hands.
Understand the principles. News and media not always accurate.

The GB is being 'proactive' and looking after all of us, even downunder!

Just Older