JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Making Disciples Now Prepares Us for New World Disciple-Making

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1390 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

16 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

I feel like we’re going to get more information at the annual meeting 😂

It’s the watchtower with this image of the front cover.

Thanks Luigi I’ll have to study over that material again.

image.jpeg.fa0b38ca9590bba756907dfe9aa3fe65.jpeg

93D6C77A-7539-4A06-8370-60E2486B87AD.jpeg

I must have missed some older publications.  I can’t remember “You May Survive Armageddon Into God’s New Solar System” or “You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Mars”, “Survival Into A New Universe”.  And the brochure “Enjoy Life On Pluto Forever”.  🤔

24 minutes ago, bohemian said:

I must have missed some older publications.  I can’t remember “You May Survive Armageddon Into God’s New Solar System” or “You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Mars”, “Survival Into A New Universe”.  And the brochure “Enjoy Life On Pluto Forever”.  🤔

Not everyone received a copy.....:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

49 minutes ago, bohemian said:

Yeah...

Maybe you will get them in the next 1,000 years 😄

One of our brothers back in the day had the first name of Judge  however.

He was given that name when he was born because his father said he looks as sober as a judge! I recall reading somewhere that he secured the release of several brothers being detained by briskly walking in and announcing himself as Judge

(Along with his last name).  He didn't lie! 😃

On 8/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, jwhess said:

The possible numbers are staggering.  We have 8 1/2 billion people on Earth that we (8 1/2 million JWs) try to speak to even once.  Then we might have 20 billion or more to have a regular bible Study and help physically care for them.  Almost unimaginable...❤️

That would be a minimum of 2,353 for each JW now living to teach and take care of

Edited by Margaret

19 minutes ago, Margaret said:

That would be a minimum of 2,353 for each JW now living to teach and take care of

The Insight has good explanation of how that might be managed. Look at the very end of Resurrection in the Insight.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

41 minutes ago, Margaret said:

It will be orderly, progressive, probably sequential and done with love. We assume that a great many resurrected ones will take advantage of Jehovah’s mercy and join us. That would make one more preacher and teacher. The exponential growth of the new servants of God, allows for many more to be resurrected and taught.

2 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Question.. will the marriage of the Lamb happen PRIOR to the commencement of the resurrection? I think so?

The structure of this article seems to indicate that is the case. Also see par. 12, 14 of the same article.

*** w14 2/15 p. 12 par. 17 Rejoice Over the Marriage of the Lamb! ***
17 Read Psalm 45:16. “The virgin companions” of Christ’s heavenly bride will have further cause for rejoicing when they see the marriage become fruitful in the new world. The Bridegroom-King will turn his attention to the earth and will resurrect his earthly “forefathers,” who will become his earthly “sons.” (John 5:25-29; Heb. 11:35) From among these he will appoint “princes in all the earth.” Doubtless, Christ will appoint others from among faithful elders of today to take the lead in the new world.—Isa. 32:1.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2014123&srctype=wol&srcid=share&paragraph=29

What is sure however is that it truly will be an exciting event.

This talk really helped me change my attitude for the ministry. For awhile now, my enthusiasm for preaching has waned, with the thought of “I can’t wait until the preaching work is done” thought crossing my mind. Well, Bro. Lett’s talk changed all that! LOL I now have a better appreciation for the preaching work today and how I better get used to teaching the good news because it’s going to be high on my agenda for a long time to come.

1 hour ago, OtterWriter said:

it’s going to be high on my agenda for a long time to come.

...for hundreds of years...👍🏼😁